Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Trump knows this deep state stuff is bullshit but his base believes in it so he promotes it. Even for argument sake there is one. If they support the Democrats, why aren't the Democrats perennially in power? The deep state must be doing a shitty job and of little threat if its a far left ideal. Also, why should I support a party or a person who has control of the White House, Senate and Supreme Court and can't control this deep state? Reason and logic dictates the possibilities as the deep state is too powerful if real and if so, then stating you want to be elected in part to fight it is moot or it doesn't exist. I'm going with the latter to some extent. I do think there are government programs that go on no matter who is in power, but can't say it rises to some all powerful shadow government. 

There are three things Trump can legitimately claim credit for. 1. Lower unemployment rate. 3. The stock market going up a net plus since he took office and 3. The economy technically expanding. 

While I can sit here and punch holes in them and I have, its what Presidents are given credit for or criticized for and being fair, he must get the same credit/blame that was afforded previous leaders. 

That said, no Trump supporter can say Obama didn't have a successful presidency. If they did and are now saying Trump's economy is good, they are hypocrites. 

Some predictions:

If Trump wins re-election, he will be the first president to go through 2 impeachments and the 2nd one will stick as far as conviction. Also, the economy will collapse (and this will happen no matter who wins), he will end up quitting for 'personal' or 'health' reasons if he doesn't get convicted in impeachment first. 

Justice Democrats (AOC, the squad, basically the left candidates that don't accept corporate money) will become a de facto 3rd party and put tens of people in the house and perhaps a handful of senate seats. Why? The crash will be blamed on the 1 percent and people will run on not taking 1 percent money. On the right you will have more billionaires running as well as the right version of Justice Democrats. 

They will be formidable in the '22 off year assuming the crash happens before election time. 

Trump can save his legacy by how he responds to the crash. 

On 12/25/2019 at 2:33 AM, chocolat steve said:

This whole impeachment for the Republicans has basically been. Yes, he's guilty but you can't prove it. That's it in an nutshell. No one and I am including our dear friend Cav as much as he will protest I am not a mind reader and be angry NO ONE would stake their life on it that he is innocent. 

There is a rap song I liked years ago and the hook said "it's not what you know, it's what you can prove" the song was titled, ,"untouchable" hahaha...that's essentially the Republican defense for the Democrats. To their base its different. it's 'repeat, repeat, repeat' with conviction to the base so they will be mass Manchurian candidates. They know he's guilty but have convinced themselves he's not. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fresh-evidence-hand-schumer-demands-131345002.html

That rap song must have been written by a defense lawyer.  :)

Stalin had an enlightening saying: "It doesn't matter who votes. What matters is who counts the votes."  So how much of all politics is really just sound and fury to keep the proletariat happy?