Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

17 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

That Soros pic is a but of a bogeyman stuff. Media companies on there like the Washington Post for example are owned by a person far, far richer than he is, Bezos of Amazon. So I'm wondering specifically how he's some puppet master behind the scenes. He is a bogeyman the right uses to their base, nothing much more than that. Koch has far, far far more effect on the integrity of the electoral system and the country. 

Posted tongue in cheek, but believe it or not Thais almost to a man blame Soros for causing the 1997 crash. I'm sure he made a fortune off of it, but I doubt if he could have caused it all by himself.

13 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Do we blame Trump or the Democrats for 'dividing the country' ?  lol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kkk-trump-membership-rise-grown-record-pace-says-leader-chris-barker-a7905811.html

KKK leader claims hate group has grown at record pace since Trump became President

It's certainly not a natural reaction to join the KKK, except for those who sympathise with them anyway. The Antifa violence and targeting of politicians by the loony left has encouraged the racist types to react by joining the racist right, when otherwise they might have just stayed fellow travellers. 

Putin thanked Trump for helping to prevent a possible terrorist attack in Russia on New Year's Eve.
American intelligence agencies reportedly provided Russia's Federal Security Service with information that led to the arrest of two suspects who were allegedly planning to carry out an attack on a crowd in St. Petersburg. Moscow's version of the readout stated that Trump and Putin "discussed a range of issues of mutual interest" along with continued cooperation combating terrorism. No additional information about the planned attack was made public. This is the second time that Putin has called to thank Trump for helping to prevent an attack in St. Petersburg.

New York Times / Politico / Washington Post / Bloomberg

So how do Americans find out that their President is making calls to Putin?, Putin tells the world of course...

2 hours ago, Coss said:

Putin thanked Trump for helping to prevent a possible terrorist attack in Russia on New Year's Eve.
American intelligence agencies reportedly provided Russia's Federal Security Service with information that led to the arrest of two suspects who were allegedly planning to carry out an attack on a crowd in St. Petersburg. Moscow's version of the readout stated that Trump and Putin "discussed a range of issues of mutual interest" along with continued cooperation combating terrorism. No additional information about the planned attack was made public. This is the second time that Putin has called to thank Trump for helping to prevent an attack in St. Petersburg.

New York Times / Politico / Washington Post / Bloomberg

So how do Americans find out that their President is making calls to Putin?, Putin tells the world of course...

This is going to sound petty, but countries that have been targeted by similar type of terrorists attacks give each other intel if it may affect their country. Its the norm. Russia would do it for us and we for them despite ideological and other differences. Some things are above that. Had it been Obama, Putin would not have made a public thanks. He may convey it privately but it wouldn't have been something out of the ordinary. 

So, Putin has done that publicly for ulterior motives for doing so. I know how it sounds to point that out but we are talking Putin here. Things like that are private. I recall Obama on a hot mic he was not aware of telling Medvedev "This is my last election after it I will have more flexibility"  

• Like 1

Not petty at all, and as you point out, Nation States help each other all the time.

I guess for me the glaring take home from my post is that Trump is not doing a Victory Lap, he's gone (for him) quiet, and any association with Putin in public, is now something he's not waving flags over.

Even Trump will know he's well down the slippery slope. I'm told that slopes, get much more slippery, when there's piss on everything....

This post has nothing to do with him running the country or anything but it's the level that the right has brought us. Had this been the Clintons or Obamas it would be the lead story for the day on Fox News. So, I'm applying the same standard. Michelle Obama said 'If they go low, we go higher'. Steve says 'When they go low, kick 'em in the face'