Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Well, its a winning strategy which tells us a few things. That first, the bigoted tropes and dog whistles the GOP have done in campaigns over the last few several decades has come to this point and sadly, that this is actually an alarming number of Americans feel. And our history reflects that. Countries often change culturally due to a big event. America changed from isolationist to global after WW2, It's been said Germany changed to a tight fiscal policy and anti inflationary after the years after WW1 trying to pay back war reparations and hyper inflation hit the country. So, if someone can tell me any specific event(s) that led to this GOP party becoming hyper bigoted with someone like Trump as its symbol of that, I'd love to hear it. And the old mantra of it being a response to 'far left liberals' doesn't hold water. What far left liberal event happened in 2016 of prior? 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-strategist-republican-party-under-trump-editorial-080711059.html

GOP Strategist Reveals The Only Thing Republicans Now Stand For

Mr Steve,

the simple truth behind President Donalds success is that he speaks the primitive language that seems to embrace half of the US voters. Who would have imagined a couple of years ago that a US President would call his opponents scum and would permanently distribute vulgarities via twitter. And, as you say, the really amazing thing is that his Republicans have fallen into kind of slavery adoring the master. I wonder where this will end.

I had a colleague in the 1990s whose brother had been an Arkansas State Trooper assigned to the Clinton governor's mansion. The brother said that Hillary had come close to divorcing Bill because of his constant playing around. She had finally exploded in anger,  throwing a lamp across the room at him. But he had begged her not to do so, since it would ruin his chances to become President. She agreed to keep up the pretense, but that was the end of the relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if Melania has remained with Trump only for the same reason. She certainly didn't look very happy when the election results began to show the Donald as winning the election. And after all, how many rich men who have beautiful wives got them simply because of their charm and romantic behaviour?