Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

28 minutes ago, Coss said:

I know this will be controversial, but I think America made a big mistake by decrying ISIS dead.  They are not of course, and it seems rather stupid to put your major justification for war overseas to sleep.  The worst thing America did was not to have any plan, invading was the easy bit (Mind the Bush 'mission accomplished').  Why not keep the Iraqi military largely intact after you put your own commanders in place?  Rather than completely destroying all the infrastructure using more of those 'smart' bombs we heard about. 

The USA should be allies with Iran - if they're going to vindictively seek revenge on anyone after 9/11 it should have been Saudi Arabia where most of the hijackers came from, and then Pakistan who sheltered the masterminds.  This is precisely what you'd do if you were a patriotic American - for fucking shame these people waving their flags, ignorant of any history and encouraging young Americans, Europeans, Canadians, Australian, into Afghanistan - one of the most craven, cowardly pieces of treachery that will go down in history as one of the most pig ignorant decisions - especially considering that not one, but two! empires had already foundered there.

So sure, go to war with Iran.  I've resigned my commission. 

He's remarkably very astute on politics, I've found. There are a few on the right who are very astute as well. The one thing the media never talks about is that in actuality the vast majority of the country are Democrats and Democrats have a majority of every ethnic group and gender except white males. The problem for Democrats is getting someone for everyone to be excited about. 

Republicans main niche are a demographic problem for them. Unless they can get more of the niche they doesn't presently support them, they are in deep trouble. In 10 or 20 years, America may end up a one party state in terms of power. One state that may turn blue eventually is Texas. There are a lot of people from California moving there. And the latino population is growing rapidly. Great strategy alienating them. In fact Texas is majority non white right now. They may still elect Republicans but they will have to be far more moderate to get elected. Just like California. Far right congressmen can still get elected in districts that are demographically their base such as Nunes in a farming district in central California but the party as a whole is in a demographic time bomb that will go off at some point if they don't change. 

Also, Americans under 30 are far, far more liberal than any other previous generation as a whole. No Republican president has won the majority of the popular vote in their initial election since 1988! Bush got re-elected by being in 2 wars and Americans rarely vote out a president in time of war. Which is probably the reason Trump is trying to start one with Iran. But this time, the vast majority of Americans don't want a war and it won't help him. The backlash will be huge. Even some Republicans who are in the 'America first' mindset where they want America extricated from foreign military entanglements are speaking out. 

FISA warrants have always been a rubberstamp for the government. So, the Trump administration talking about it now is something the officials have long knew. The media knows this and the media, all of them,  have done the American public a disservice by not stating that. They operate in secret and pretty much no oversight and they have always been a tool of any administration to get a warrant. The truth that is not being sent is that its a way to get around regular court warrants in order to take away every American's right to privacy.  The article is 7 years ago and the video is 12 years ago. So, this is known. If some average intelligent guy like me in typing this in his underwear knows this then I'm the last to know. 

https://www.npr.org/2013/06/13/191226106/fisa-court-appears-to-be-rubberstamp-for-government-requests

What the media is not saying is that Trump officials knew the FISA process was corrupt when they made the allegations and only said they were because they thought it was against them but they would have used the same FISA for their own purposes if needed. The one good that can come out of this is it being reformed. If there is such a thing as a deep state, the FISA court is part of it.