Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

There is so much economic data out there that says the economy isn't great. And why the Dems don't answer with it is both bewildering and frustrating. They are incompetent and now I figure, have zero knowledge of basic economics. For an independent voter, its a quandary. It's either the right where there is zero ethics, morals, respect for the law as well as blatant bigotry and on the left, incompetence, lack of will and backbone. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-trade-deficit-sinks-82-to-3-year-low-in-november-amid-china-trade-war-2020-01-07

U.S. trade deficit sinks 8% to 3-year low of $43.1 billion in November amid China trade war

Things are so bad that any reasonable person has to start from the premise that ANYTHING from Trump and supporters is a lie until proven true or partially true. I have zero expectation that anything is the whole truth. It's either a flat out lie or half truth or nuanced to gaslight. Hence, I don't even bother with the links on here. It's a waste of my time and an insult to my intelligence. LIterally NOTHING from the links during the Obama administration has come to fruition. Not one. There was a criminal indictment or impeachment claim weekly reported. Way past 'Boy Cries Wolf' analogy to just ignoring. 

Maybe I'm getting cranky in my old age. When you have an impeachment being voted on in the Senate completely based on fear by the majority of the Republicans rather than its substance, ,its laughable if it weren't so sad. Why should any one consider a party whose elected officials fears its own leader? 

And on balance, the Democratic leadership is even more corrupt within its party. They have enacted rules to protect incumbents in the primaries. The Democratic leadership has zero claim on corruption by the GOP because of its own hypocrisy. They have told any strategist if they work for any challenger to an incumbent they are ostracized. Pelosi is acting like a mob enforcer, even down to the last name ending in a vowel. What ever one thinks of AOC and the sqaud, they at least truly believe in what they stand for and can not be bought off and principled in their view. Even if you disagree, they believe in it and its not the view of richb donors who financed their campaign which is all Republicans and 99 percent of Democrats save Bernie and the squad and that why they are deemed dangerous. 

13 hours ago, Flashermac said:
On 1/8/2020 at 7:30 AM, Coss said:

So what you're saying is that Trump hasn't had an original thought, in his head, ever, he has to copy Hilary?

And Hillary was just copying Hitler and Stalin. :)

Fair enough point, you'll see that in this, my obverse statement, I am not defending Hilary by denigrating Trump, see? a non binary action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

Things are so bad.........

We've long bemoaned the impending collapse of the USA "Empire".

What we are seeing and what you are noting, is what I call "Cornered Rat Syndrome". I feel this is often evident, in collapses of Empires, Societies etc.

When cornered, a rat will do anything, even eat it's own progeny, in desperate acts of survival.

Further, anyone who has done any biology, will be familiar with this :: a petri dish with growth medium in it, usually agar and a mix of sugars, fats and proteins. To this we introduce a single species of bacteria.

We place this dish covered, to disallow the introduction of any further species of bacteria, in a warm place to allow growth of the species. It grows in numbers, logarithmically. Then eventually it grows so much that there is very little nutrient mix left.

The bacteria starts to consume it's own kind, eventually there is nothing left, everything is consumed, all the bacteria is dead.

However, the wonders of evolution will usually provide, that in the DNA of the billions of the bacteria, there will be numbers of individuals, that are different enough that they will survive the cannibalism, the lack of food and the poisoned environment.

These are the future.

None are wearing MAGA hats.

Definitely the 'Cornered Rat Syndrome'. If you are a student of history, America is also showing all the signs of the last stages of an empire: debased currency, ongoing costly wars, being fought in some part by non traditional troops (thousands of soldiers are immigrants who are promised citizenship. The same as many Roman troops). 

This is China's century, no doubt. And there is nothing America can say if/when (and it will be 'when') China does a lot of immortal, unethical and illegal things because it can use direct and specific examples of when America did it. For example, their taking sea rights and sea lanes around their country clearly from the territorial waters of other countries such as Vietnam, Philippines, etc. 

Furthermore, China will minimize America's 2nd biggest weapon next to military might: it's economy. China owns sub Saharan Africa lock ,stock and barrel. The most mineral rich continent on earth. China has replaced America as the main trading partner of a long list of countries: Japan, Korea, Philippines, Brazil, etc. 

Military wise, China are more willing to fight than America will be. America can not bully China militarily. China can reach America by nukes. There is an old adage that you never get into a land war in China. America has no stomach for a war with China and let's be honest. America has only fought countries it knows it can beat since WW2. Every major conflict America was the overwhelming favorite. Even though it didn't turn out that way on occasion. America will never get in a full scale war with Russia or China and even though America is (on paper) visibly stronger than Iran, the American people would never stomach the carnage to its own soldiers that would happen with a war with Iran. 

There is a way to get out of the political and economic quagmire, but there is a part of the population that will never go for it, and would rather go down with the ship than give up its power over other Americans. Eventually, they will lose that power one way or another but are too short sided and blind and bigoted to see it. 

We may live long enough to see it. 

One of Trump's "fine people" from Charlottesville, white supremacist Richard Spencer has come out against the Iran attack. When you have lost the nazis, its telling.  The fringe right doesn't want it. The left obviously doesn't. Seems like the only ones who do are, Israel, the defense industry/neo cons/hawks and the rest just go along with what ever Trump does. His hard core support who will support him if he claimed the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked but WWE is real. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-iran-brinksmanship-lost-him-071600759.html

Trump fucks up again -  after a briefing held waaaaay after the events, on the Iran attacks and killing of Soleimani, lawmakers are queuing to get in front of the cameras to lambast Trump's people and his Admin.

Including - 'Insulting and demeaning': Two GOP lawmakers rip Trump administration after Iran briefing. 

"It was probably the worst briefing I've seen at least on a military issue in the nine years I've served in the United States Senate," Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, said.

Click the Link

"dribble, dribble dribble", the sound of Trump's remaining support, as it heads for the drains.

Coss, he's basically untouchable no matter what he does. His hard core supporters will like to hear that. They have placed Trump above their own morals, ethics and the law anyway. The greater good (in their mind) is how they sleep at night. And they sleep well. 

Anyway, the fact of the matter is the bar is so low for Trump, no one has found it yet. He's gotten away with things literally no president as ever gotten away with. That is both sad and scary. I keep repeating though, he is setting precedents that will be used one day by someone on the far left.