Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Obama promoted racism by being black. LOL. https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2008/1117/p03s01-uspo.html

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2008/06/11/president-obama-many-white-supremacists-are-celebrating    record number of assassination threats. Secret Service say the highest number of threats. On his election day, white supremacists websites have servers crash from so many hits. 

Obama called the mostly black protesters against police brutality thugs https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2015/04/29/obama-white-house-baltimore-stephanie-rawlings-blake/26585143/

Obama enacts Blue Lives Matter law. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/05/19/obama-blue-alert-law-bill-signing/27578911/

Trump himself one of the main racists of the Obama years pushing the birther movement. Even the Republican party rejected and Trump himself admitted it was wrong. One of the rare times he's had to walk that back. 

Typical right wing talking points. Accuse the person you hate of what was done to him. The amount of racist tropes against him and his wife is unprecedented. I still have not seen anything other than subjective, non factual supposition that Obama wasn't the best president of the modern era. 

....and again, I was disappointed with Obama overall. Bur as I've said often. I have a high standard. I'm waiting to hear of any other suggestions of best president since 1960. The criteria being their accomplishments vs negatives in its proper context on what was happening at the time, both foreign and domestic. 

...also, for 8 years we heard "the national debt' until its their guy. If conservatives/GOP had problems with Obama, those same criticisms has made them complete hypocrites with Trump. Executive orders, the national debt, racial tensions, ALL of these things are worse now. 

At this point, there are only 2 kinds of Trump supporters with regards to impeachment trial. Either they know he's guilty and are doing the 'catch him if you can' view or they think he is above whatever it is, it shouldn't be a crime if he does it (but will be the first to cry murder if/when a Dem president ever does the same). Intimidating diplomats isn't something that is accepted anywhere. There is a line, but I don't expect this line to be honored by DJT.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ukraine-opens-criminal-investigation-possible-surveillance-marie-yovanovitch-125514020--abc-news-topstories.html

Ukraine police investigating possible surveillance of Yovanovitch, Russian hacking

And that was just yesterday's news, I'm tumescent with anticipation, for today's instalment, Rachel Maddow : Lev Parnas,  interview part 2,  9pm ET

For the really stupid people, the Rachel Maddow : Lev Parnas,  interview part 1,  9pm ET yesterday, was the one that broke the Yovanovitch surveillance and Pompeo, Barr, Trump, Giulliani all in the loop with Parnas, news.

A  small tangent, the corrupt ex-prosecutor Lutsenko, does look the part...

Lutsenko.jpg.3d3e7c96a00ce460b323ead1e833db5f.jpg

Grifters gonna grift...

A part of the 2017 Trump tax cuts is being investigated by the Treasury Department. The Opportunity Zone tax break was meant to help poor communities by encouraging investment in new housing, businesses, and jobs — but it quickly became a windfall for wealthy investors. Money that was eligible for the tax break was instead being used to fund luxury development projects in wealthy neighborhoods, including projects by friends of Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and members of the Kushner family. (NBC News / New York Times)

Lev Parnas just blew the lid off the entire sordid affair.  He has literally implicated everyone!  There is going to be a mad rush to see who can plead for immunity first!  The culprits will be second guessing each other.  This is extremely bad news for the White House administration. 

The Republicans were terrified about Bolton testifying at an impeachment trial, just imagine the specter of Lev Parnas testifying?  Jesus! I hope that guy has got a good security detail.

1 hour ago, panadolsandwich said:

Lev Parnas just blew the lid off the entire sordid affair.  He has literally implicated everyone!  There is going to be a mad rush to see who can plead for immunity first!  The culprits will be second guessing each other.  This is extremely bad news for the White House administration. 

The Republicans were terrified about Bolton testifying at an impeachment trial, just imagine the specter of Lev Parnas testifying?  Jesus! I hope that guy has got a good security detail.

It won't change a thing. This is going to sound too incredible, but I think even if there was a smoking gun with Trump on audio, the Republicans wouldn't vote to convict if the polls don't change.