Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Mr Sandwich,

in case you have ever tried to pee against a thunderstorm blowing at 120 km/h speed you got an idea of the successrate to get anything reasonable out of or into a Trump-supporter. They would not accept a notarised document supported by a sworn declaration by the Pope that says Donald lied again. Mr Cav would suggest Dr. Corsi or the Black Patriot-idiot found out something else and anything else is fake news and a witchhunt. That is the problem.

Which leads us to the frightening aspect that obviously about half of the US voters prefer to live in such world of phantasy. No good.

9 hours ago, cavanami said:

26 intelligence agencies

the same ones that confirmed the Gulf of Tonkin?

the same ones that confirmed the WMD in Iraq?

Point taken.  You are right - intelligence royally fucked up before.  It's a mistake to believe however that they always fuck up.  After the Iraq misadventure there was a major review into how things were done.  But yeah you're right - it's one of the many reasons the US is as fucked as it is now.  The problem with losing credibility is that it's incredibly hard to reestablish it. 

Devin Nunes was a co conspirator in the very crime he was investigating. What's worse is the Democrats knowing this and doing jack schitt about it. Amazing. I don't expect the Republicans to do anything a blatant conflict of interest but the Democratic establishment, specifically the leadership, Pelosi and others have given me no reason why they deserve my vote. What to do? The only honest actors in all this are the far left. At least AOC and the others have not taken big money donations and are honest to themselves. I may not agree with everything but I appreciate they are the only ones who at least try to be honest. 

The intelligence community didn't fail in the Gulf of Tomkin, etc. they gave the president the facts and the presidents in those situations worked backwards. LBJ wanted to be in Vietnam, Bush wanted to be in Iraq and lied, nuanced, ete the intel to get the desired result. Bush pushed for going into Iraq, not the bureaucrats or the joint chiefs of staff. They were ordered to make it work. 

Same in this case. The leadership lied about the threat of the Iranian general. 

9 hours ago, cavanami said:

26 intelligence agencies

the same ones that confirmed the Gulf of Tonkin?

the same ones that confirmed the WMD in Iraq?

....and your qualifications to make these assessments? I'll need schools attended, dates, etc otherwise you will be put down to a basement keyboard warrior full of hot air. We have had several keyboard warriors on this site so I will be suspicious.
...and I decline your opinion as I will take the leap that you never had a sit down with President Trump to ascertain him. You are not the first one to make wild claims as you have.

Back at you Cav, anyone with 20 minutes can search this very forum, to find your colloidal silver arguments, which seem to be your only track record to demonstrate ability to participate in reasoned debates.  Oh and a few seconds as an extra in some film ventures.

Fringe beliefs, distraction, projection and whataboutism,  are not  good skills, that inspire trust and respect, in and for, your opinions...

"schools attended, dates" - grow up Cav.

8 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Mr Sandwich,

in case you have ever tried to pee against a thunderstorm blowing at 120 km/h speed you got an idea of the successrate to get anything reasonable out of or into a Trump-supporter. They would not accept a notarised document supported by a sworn declaration by the Pope that says Donald lied again. Mr Cav would suggest Dr. Corsi or the Black Patriot-idiot found out something else and anything else is fake news and a witchhunt. That is the problem.

Which leads us to the frightening aspect that obviously about half of the US voters prefer to live in such world of phantasy. No good.

Kind Sir,

The current state of affairs, deplorable as they are - are easily remedied.  The 'typical' Trump supporter is - and I know this sounds fanciful but hear me out - sharing a psychosis - all this fake news, conspiracies, etc.  It's not even a very clever trick - I think they call it the firehouse of unreality or something like that - you just keep reiterating the same lies again and again until they stick and people don't know what's real or not. 

I don't even bring myself to feel contempt for those affected - like you say nearly half the US population are affected. 

The remedy is incredibly simple - remove Trump.  You'd be surprised just how quickly the fog will lift. 

I am simplifying this too much though.  The US has to deal with Russian interference.  The problem is just how thoroughly the infection has spread.  Imprisoning or even hanging the main culprits would work, but I don't think America has the stomach for that, alas.

Unfortunately nothing will happen. The Republicans will vote in lockstep. The only thing that will change their minds are the polls. The truth is irrelevant as we all can see. If there is a indisputable facts and the polls in their state still say they will get re-elected if they vote no, they will do so. Ethics and morals and the rule of law has gone totally out the window. 

Gentlemen, we are witnessing proof of the American republic. 

20 hours ago, panadolsandwich said:

Lev Parnas just blew the lid off the entire sordid affair.  He has literally implicated everyone!  There is going to be a mad rush to see who can plead for immunity first!  The culprits will be second guessing each other.  This is extremely bad news for the White House administration. 

The Republicans were terrified about Bolton testifying at an impeachment trial, just imagine the specter of Lev Parnas testifying?  Jesus! I hope that guy has got a good security detail.

I'm getting ahead of the crowd.

Firstly I'll say that Lev Parnas comes across as very credible, I wouldn't trust him with my bathwater, but he's just the kind of media lunch, the proles will gobble down.

So with this in mind, I'm setting up a T Shirt store and those who want one, or more, can get them via PM to me (state colour, size),  before the store is launched, the Parnas T shirt!

Parnas.jpg.a7af6c360b2f12e06491d3bd489b6ea8.jpg

*note multiple instances of this post have been deleted. Cause = glitch.