Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Mr Steve what I think is the basic inner reason for them supporting a subject like Trump is rage targeting at a class of people that they think is doing better than them . Trump with his primitivity crosses the border of reasonable human behaviour and his followers feel suddenly united behind somebody who does not care about any established ways of civilised intercourse . They think they have a friend .

2 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Mr Steve what I think is the basic inner reason for them supporting a subject like Trump is rage targeting at a class of people that they think is doing better than them . Trump with his primitivity crosses the border of reasonable human behaviour and his followers feel suddenly united behind somebody who does not care about any established ways of civilised intercourse . They think they have a friend .

I think you are 'almost' right. The stats say they are doing better and have always done better than certain groups. We know what 'certain' means. Life is tough for them. but they can always count on doing better than 'certain' (haha...dog whisle) groups. The fear is being EQUAL with those 'certain' groups. This goes back to the 1600s when we had indentured servitude like Canada, Australia, many British colonies. Because of insurrection and potential insurrections, a class system was developed. One group were made slaves, the other was just poor with the potential of moving up (but it rarely happened) and it was classic play one maligned group against another. 

2 hours ago, Coss said:

Florida has a HUGE problem with invasive species. It's a potential huge ecological issue for America as a whole because these species are expanding their territory outside of Florida. Its not just animals, its also fauna/plants. 

Many people in Florida imported (often illegally) birds, snakes, insects, plants, from all over the world from places with a similar type of climate so they can thrive. Some animals escaped or people got bored and let them go or the animals got too unmanageable and if they were illegally imported they feared giving these species to the authorities. 

The net result is introducing things to the ecology that is extremely disruptive. My parents are retired south of Miami. My mother complained about giant lizards outside her back door. I realized after a description and some research this wasn't native to Florida but a species brought in from Asia. 

America has a potential ecological time bomb on its hands. There are plenty of examples of how new species enter a new ecosystem and ended up making native species extinct. Jamaica once had a pandemic from this. Jamaica had snakes back in the 1400s when Columbus first went there. When sugar plantations were set up the planters feared many of these snakes and imported mongooses from India. The mongooses killed off many snakes.....who were eating the rats. The rats flourished and there were wide spread diseases as a result and there was almost an epidemic that was squashed in time. 

The introduction horses by the spanish in central and south America inadvertently altered native Indian tribes west of the Mississippi. Many of the horses ran free (our modern day mustangs) and the Indians adopted horseback culture. This enabled certain tribes who were warlike to dominate and take over vast amounts of territories from peace loving ones. It changed the entire landscape of tribal native America for ever. If you notice tribes east of the mississippi were on foot. The Mississippi river was too vast for the horses to get across. 

https://www.nature.org/en-us/about-us/where-we-work/united-states/florida/stories-in-florida/combating-invasive-species-in-florida/

...in addition I recall reading how outside species were introduced to Australia that disrupted their ecology. Some sort of frog that if bitten emits an pungent odor so they multiply without any real predator for them, except man. This is something i recall hearing about many, many years ago. [Edit-- just looked it up. Cane Frogs. ]

In Columbia they have Hippos from a private form Pablo Escobar had now they are dominating the rivers of Columbia. Totally disrupting the ecology. 

Larf? I larfed so hard I nearly shat myself.  

I just saw Trump talking about the impeachment trial, that he said he'd  been watching and he said, "“I got to watch enough. I thought our team did a very good job,” he said. “But honestly, we have all the material. They don’t have the material.”"  

Thats like saying, "We'll win because I have my gun, the murder weapon that I used. They don't have the murder weapon..."

Could he be more stupid?

I bet he does something that he thinks will rate well, but will tip the scales and be his downfall.

1 hour ago, Coss said:

Larf? I larfed so hard I nearly shat myself.  

I just saw Trump talking about the impeachment trial, that he said he'd  been watching and he said, "“I got to watch enough. I thought our team did a very good job,” he said. “But honestly, we have all the material. They don’t have the material.”"  

Thats like saying, "We'll win because I have my gun, the murder weapon that I used. They don't have the murder weapon..."

Could he be more stupid?

I bet he does something that he thinks will rate well, but will tip the scales and be his downfall.

Schiff is doing a good job. Again, the presentation isn't about the verdict. That's already decided. It's to leave Trump and his political surrogates on the wrong side of not just the law, morality but also the wrong side of history. 

What is most scary is that its been painfully obvious Trump supporters have some higher reason personally and as a collective that they deem more important than their own ethics, sense of fairness, morality, the rule of law and the country itself, religious conviction. Something they prize above all. Whatever that is, it's obviously dangerous.