Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

My post was a joke on the old fella with his head exploding i.e. all Breitbarters are like that.

Trump's turned the State of the Nation into a campaign rally, screaming and chanting broke out just then, and there was a quite distinct crowd boo, a little while go.

He's trotting out crying people for the cameras e.g. (unfortunate situation) + (here's the family crying) + (Donald claiming credit for something) = (Republicans cheering)

Yes Rush Limbaugh is nearly dead, didn't seem to understand why he was there, got the gong, how inappropriate.

One of the original airmen is 100, got promoted to Brigadier General.

Come to my speech, I'll give your kid a scholarship...

Heh heh, He just finished, and Pelosi ripped up his speech in back shot.

And Melania is looking as vicious as ever, I think she might be proffering for the lead in the next Maleficent movie.

6 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

He's the President. He doesn't  know and publicly showed it. Doesn't matter how many Americans know. 

Obama didn't know how many states there are and publicly showed it. Papa Bush thought Arkansas was a small state between Texas and Oklahoma. Our presidents don't seem to be that strong on American geography.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:15 AM, chocolat steve said:

There is a saying about not saying anything if you can't say anything good. I now understand it. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/rush-limbaugh-lung-cancer-diagnosis-200615946.html

Rush Limbaugh Announces Advanced Lung Cancer Diagnosis

I liked Rush when he started out because he was funny and usually on target. But then he started getting loonier and loonier. However, if you're ever in southeast Missouri, don't criticise him. Folks there think he is almost divine. Awarding him the medal should be worth a pile of votes for Trump.

58 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Rush Limbaugh getting the Medal of Freedom is akin to Goebbels getting the Iron Cross. I hate cancer and want to cure it desperately BUT as far as Rush he's done far, far more harm than good in his life's work. I have no sympathy and could not care less how that is received. Mega dittos to that. 

...and Pelosi ripping up Trump's speech after the SOTU was complete? Totally low class and an azzhat! Fark the Dems!!! The lemmings in white, following the Pelosi lead....sick!!!

Trump rejected Pelosi's hand shake after she had failed to introduce the president in the traditional manner. It was payback time.

Trump lays out pitch for re-election

On BBC World News, BBC North America reporter Anthony Zurcher spoke of the divided body language that coloured Trump's remarks, noting both Trump's snub of top Democrat Nancy Pelosi's attempted handshake and later, Pelosi's shredding of the president speech.

But partisan tension aside, "the point of Trump's speech", like for any incumbent president before an election "is to lay out the framework of that re-election campaign," Zurcher says.

And this year, America's "booming economy" was Trump's central pitch, drawing a counterpoint to the Democrats, who he says would endanger a long-term economic growth period.

And Trump got most aggressive in two main areas Zurcher says: healthcare and immigration.

Zurcher also noted the medal of freedom awarded to Rush Limbaugh, a figure who is is "notorious among Democrats for what they view as racist and sexist statements", and known among Republicans as a "grandfather of conservative politics".

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-51351106

The standard for disrespect for the state of the union was set by Republicans during the Obama administration by the Republicans. A GOP congressman yelling liar. Others saying things during the speech. GOP inviting people that was purely to disrespect Obama. As an example, the show Duck Dynasty, about a guy from the Louisiana swamps said what was regarded as bigoted/racist statements and got in trouble for it, was invited as well as others who said racist things. 

Those things were a new low so Pelosi doing what she did is mild in comparison. Again, the bar was set by the GOP. Finally, the Medal of Freedom was always given to someone that was liked and respected bipartisan. Look at the list. These were American icons and it was always done by vetting them to the opposite party. They were always regarded as AMERICAN HEROES REGARDLESS OF PARTY. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients

Until Trump made it a political statement. The guy does not respect tradition. There are other ways he personally could have honored Rush, bring him to the White House and award him some thing else. One of his bullshit executive orders honoring him. But the SOTU? Medal of Freedom? More bullshit. 

The one thing I think will happen is this may be the GOP's last hurrah for a time. Cornered rats at Coss aptly put it. The demographics are changing faster against them than prior stats because of certain things happening in the country. The nation as a whole will not trust Republicans after this. Particularly because the country has seen the GOP as spineless and they followed Trump out of fear. There is no one hard core Trumpers will have after Trump. Word is Trump wants one of his kids to run in 2024 trying to set up some de factor dynasty. To be fair, this is not new. Joe Kennedy wanted the same, the Clintons as well as a couple, The Bushes were trying but both failed. Gore's dad was a Senator and wanted to do it as well. The difference with Trump is they have no regard for the office and lack any respect for it. His kids will fail miserably. Trump wants his kids to run so he will be de factor President again. 

He's more like Nixon every day 

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/his-trial-winds-down-trump-s-enemies-list-takes-shape-n1130376?cid=sm_fb_maddow&fbclid=IwAR2dh6OqNlrYOb7GqL72l770YBN6YpT0YY_rfi5-s3xwV--U-zCp5ELZD0w

As his trial winds down, Trump's 'enemies list' takes shape

As his trial winds down, Trump's 'enemies list' takes shape

In 2009, Lamar Alexander advised B

I hardly think any of Trump's popularity could be passed to his children. His adult sons seem like the kind of people you would want to avoid. Once the Donald is gone from the picture, who do the Republicans have? If they'd had a stronger figure four years ago, Trump wouldn't have been able to get the nomination.