Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Tell Trump that. He is giving Pence the cold shoulder because Pence wants to run in 2024. My guess is Nikki Haley will definitely run. She could get the nomination. And I think do well in a presidential race. 

I think any meaningful association with Trump will hurt any future candidate. It hurt Ford in '76 being Nixon's VP. Reagan was not closely associated with Nixon. I think Romney could run and win. If he votes yes on conviction, it would help him in the presidential race but hurt him in the primaries. 

The Trump voters will have a huge say in 2024. I think the Republican primaries will come down to two types of candidates. Those who say they are Trump 2.0 and those that will appeal to the masses and say a change from that is needed but will have to be subtle in the primaries. 

Anyway, Trump has it in his mind of a dynasty. My guess is he will support either Ivanka, Jared Kushner, Eric or Trump Junior. Ivanka won't want to do it. Jared would. Neither of his sons would make it far in the primaries. Just too dumb. 

Anyone who voted for Trump purely for economic reasons will reconsider this time around. The economy recovered from 2008 under Obama but it was stagnant. It got better but not by much each year. Same with Trump its better but its not by much. There are huge systemic and endemic issues in the economy. His hard core supporters aren't voting for him for economic reasons. It's purely emotional and personal. They see it as a holy jihad of sorts for the future. Even if there is a crash before the election, they will still vote for Trump. Trump will blame the Dems for any crash and they will use cognitive dissonance to believe it. 

The rest will leave him. The Obama voters who voted for him won't this time around. Bernie will get them easily. Also, the number of voters who voted for Obama twice and voted for Trump is VASTLY overstated. It was a minority number. What helped Trump was low turnout for Hillary and record turnout by Republicans. 

Anyway, I can't see Trump getting Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania again judging by the elections since he took office. Virginia as well. A lot of people are tired of the sniping and attacks out of the white house. It's old to many people, including those who voted for him. I posted before about all the farm bankruptcies. He fucked up the China trade issue. Royally. Had to spend tens of billions of welfare for farmers to keep them afloat and a lot of that money went to big corporate farms. He will lose a lot of the Iowa, Indiana, farm states votes. 

Americans have record credit card bills, student loans, car loan debt. The economy isn't good. It's great for those at the top. No matter what Obama's people said about the economy many people didn't see it n their daily lives. Hillary represented more of the same. No matter how much Trump says 'best economy ever'. People are still one or two paychecks from being on the street. He's put millions off aid and those who aren't on aid think its only blacks and some latinos affected. They are massively affected but so are millions of poor whites, who make up half of all aid anyway. 

Trump's big advantage is that he has messianic control over his hard core supporters. They will come out in record numbers. There are some who may not want him again but will come out if its Bernie Sanders and it will be a vote against Sanders thinking the country is going communist rather than a vote for Trump. I don't think it will be enough. Sanders will get a massive turnout and if Dems turnout, Republicans lose. End of story. The Republicans simply don't have the numbers to counter huge Dem turnouts. 

The big question for the Dems is can they get the black vote out in numbers. Specifically young blacks. The older, church based Blacks will come out. But they are dying out. They won't win Wisconsin (Milwaukee county makes up a big chunk of the state vote), Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania without it. Young people will come out in big numbers. The teenagers in 2016 who were 15, 16 and 17 at the time, will be voting in 2020 and Bernie has them lock, stock and barrel. They will vote in huge numbers. We know that from the 2018 elections. 

One would also think Latino voting would be huge based on Trump's words and actions but its still up in the air how much they will turn out. If latinos turn out, Virginia will go (large Salvadorean community there), Florida will go, New Mexico will go. Texas will go red but it will be close. If we all recall Ted Cruz had a tough time in re-election. He shouldn't have. Texas is enacting all manner of voter suppression rules now. It won't help long term but will help in 2020. Eventually the sheer numbers in Texas will threaten the GOP stronghold there. Texas has a fast growing Latino population and is majority non white now by about 57%. Thousands of Whites from California are moving there and most of them are progressive. The future for Texas will be blue. Not strong blue but blue. Republicans won't win another presidential race once Texas goes with California and NY already blue. Georgia may turn slightly blue in 10 years. North Carolina as well. 

Hard core Trump supporters who follow trends, etc, know this. 

The fact is a President McCain or a President Romney, not even Bush would have gotten something like that from Pelosi. The Trump supporters have this circular argument of excusing and defending Trump initiating rude and divisive behavior and call out the response to it if its anywhere in kind. And its not like they don't know this. But the Dems have been cowards so they know they can browbeat most Dems with that line of debate. 

6 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Word is Trump wants one of his kids to run in 2024 trying to set up some de factor dynasty.

4 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Once the Donald is gone from the picture, who do the Republicans have?

I'm seeing Trumper noise talking about a 3rd term and amending the Constitution to geddit, like Xi and Putin....

Trump will fail in this regard, but that won't stop him trying.

BTW the world is exhibiting  Trump fatigue.

3 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

The Trump supporters have this circular argument of excusing and defending Trump initiating rude and divisive behavior and call out the response to it if its anywhere in kind. And its not like they don't know this. But the Dems have been cowards so they know they can browbeat most Dems with that line of debate. 

Imagine if Liz turned her yearly message to the people, into the game show spectacle, that Trump just had for the State of the Nation speech, if she did, there would be shock and horror and media for a year and the British royal family would be dead in the water.

BTW the world is exhibiting  Trump fatigue.