Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'd love to ask one of those evangelicals this question:

"Is Trump a Christian?"   That would be the defining question about how these evangelicals are full of shit. They questioned Obama's faith even though he was born again and was in weekly attendance in church for years. 

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-victory-lap/index.html

Any Bronx crack-addicted mother would have told her son not to use the language that this vulgar moron used talking to his Republican slaves. How is this possible, he is the President of the United States ??

His hard core supporters see him as "finally taking on the leftists" and they applaud it. They see Pelosi (who is not a leftist actually) and others they see people who they believe to their core are people who are/will destroying America so Trump can be excused for ANYTHING. Literally, because he's fighting the good fight. And Trump's behavior is applauded because they love seeing someone publicly calling them out in the rudest way as they would like to do themselves. 

They see their political opposites as people you shouldn't compromise with and only deserve totally and complete defeat. Politically but also socially, culturally...and for some...mortally. That's why they can excuse kids on the borders being abused physically, sexually, whatever. Yes, its that deep for some. Not all but enough of them that should scare us. 

14 hours ago, Flashermac said:

The alternative is having some dumbass politician as the head of state. Who would you rather have, an apolitical monarch or klutzy Boris Johnson? Without a monarch, Scotland would probably go independent and even Northern Ireland might decide to go off on its own. I suppose the Welsh would stay with whatever was left of the UK.

I hold no position on the tantalising question you pose, despite it's potential ramifications for my little corner of the world.

My view is only that the Royal family is finished and will slowly over a period of say 20~50 years, decline into obscurity, like who's the royal family of France? 

House of Bourbon, ahh thanks google, at least they seem to have invented an American 'whiskey'.

13 hours ago, cavanami said:

President Trump has greatly drone strikes.

13 hours ago, cavanami said:

5. President Trump has challenged China and gotten Chine to make a start on a level trade agreement.

Gorgeous Cav, thanks I needed  a laugh.  Now I'm off to greatly drone the dishes. And sharpen my chines on the boat.

14 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

You are the 2nd one with that prediction. lol

I said if he is re-elected he will be impeached again and it will stick. 

if he is re-elected ...

There is a phrase that underpins my faith in the common man, that originated in NZ, when Jim Bolger famously said "bugger the polls" when he nearly lost the 1993 election after appearing set to win comfortably. "