Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

11 hours ago, cavanami said:

As usual, it is a waste of time to make replies to you. Good bye, stay with your biased narrative and enjoy the government that you deserve!

Which make the other participants of this thread, wonder why you bother in the first place, seeing as every thing you say is so easily disproved or debunked, or exposed as faff.

Go back to your colloidal silver, flat earth, anti-vax, lizard people, world.

From what I can gather. And to piggy back on my previous post. The far right conservatives I know see the left, represented to them by AOC, Pelosi, transgenders, non European immigrants, Biden, Kaepernick, millenials, etc, even though these same people and groups disagree with each other, as an existential threat to America. 

So, the support for Trump is about someone who is willing to fight these and others that represent them and with that ANYTHING, can be forgiven, excused, etc, to that end. 

Here's something shocking. I share some of their concerns on where America is and where its heading. There is a guy in a dress that is going to be on popular children's show Sesame Street and I'm thinking, what the f*ck? No matter how accepting you of another man living as a woman, this a line, that must not be breached. I am wary of the Democrats as well. I've said many times they are internally corrupt. However, I know that everyone, the masses,  on both sides wants what's best for the country. But the big difference is I don't see anyone as an existential threat. Yes, there are anarchists in the form of Antifa, there are neo Nazis and there is no compromise with supremacists. None at all, but they are not the majority and in a sane world, with people who are moral and ethical, the extremists are isolated. We have a standard, not just for the people of a different ideology but also for those that represent it. 

And with Trump I see his hardcore supporters violating that social agreement we all have with regards to moral, ethics, decency and the law. Had Obama come close to doing some of these things, I'd be the first to call him on it. You don't defend persistent unethical behavior from those you see as leading your view. There are activists I have donated to and stopped because they crossed a line. Had Obama been able to run again, I wouldn't have supported him. I am not saying I'd have voted Republican but I would have found a way to satisfy my ethics. Green party or whatever. We have a line and Trump has literally shown he has none and the 40 percent or so supporting that makes this the most dangerous time in America since possibly 1960s, the Civil Rights era, where us and South Africa were the only two western, "modern" nations that still had an apartheid system in part of the country. As well as the mid 1800s before the Civil War. America was the only major western country still involved in slavery. France, England, Portugal, Spain, ended it well over a generation prior. It was an existential question of the morality of America. 

Trump represents something similar. Total disregard for common decency, ethics, morals, even the constitution that all of us agreed on as the deciding factor we will be governed by. There is no supporter of his who can say they would accept the same behavior from a Democrat president or even congressperson. Conflating "typical" political behavior (which both sides do in abundance) as an excuse for a total disregard of any thing we hold sacred from Trump is surely the end of America as a viable country. If Trump's actions and behavior is now going to be the new (low) standard. We are done. That's it. Finished. I'm not being hyperbolic. This is way past party politics. 

The Republicans in the Congress during the Nixon era knew that if they accepted his actions, it would be the end of the American experiment. The acts were bigger than party loyalty. And they were rewarded 6 years later with Republican control of the White House for 12 years. I truly believe had the Republicans in the Congress not done the right thing the GOP would have suffered for years to come. 

• Like 1

Congrats!

John McCain's Mom Roberta McCain Is 108 and 'Doing Great': Inside Her Birthday After Pneumonia Scare

What does one do to celebrate turning 108? If you’re Roberta McCain, you enjoy some carrot cake, coffee and a few loved ones. 

On Friday, the McCain matriarch and mom of the late Sen. John McCain (and grandmother to The View co-host Meghan McCain) marked her latest birthday at her regal home in Washington, D.C., with her son Joe and and her best friend Greta Van Susteren, the TV news anchor, who brought the cake and candles...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-mccains-mom-roberta-mccain-225349518.html

• Like 1

The real Fox News Channel (FNC) stats...so while certain people suffering from TDS put down FNC...get a grip, get real!

A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 17 consecutive years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country. Additionally, a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states Fox News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country, while a 2017 Gallup/Knight Foundation survey found that among Americans who could name an objective news source, FOX News is the top-cited outlet. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.

Democrats routinely express outrage over claims of collusion with a foreign power to undermine our democracy. So where is the outrage over revelations that former secretary of state John Kerry held not one but two secret meetings with Iran’s foreign minister to strategize over how to undermine President Trump’s plans to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal?

image.png.c2902d9ccb2778f946edca0af4a11341.png