Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Simple question Cav since I was called out. Did  Republicans in the southern states and midwest states lead the fight to end slavery? It's a simple yes or no answer. The same question for the 15th amendment. 

I did not mention Cummings at all. So, please with the red herring arguments that I have not made. The votes to end slavery and give the right to vote were based on 2 things as I said, conservatives vs progressives, south and midwest vs northern states. Address that specifically. Get a break down of the votes by state and that should give us the answer. Also, the context time. When Lincoln led the fight to free the slaves the Civil War was still going on. 

Again, I made a statement, supply the facts that disprove what I originally wrote about. 

53 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

I stated links as my back up about voter ID laws. Tom Fitton is giving his opinion. And Sam 'the Bam" Cunningham is a black Patriot. Literally. 

As per you... Cunningham ran all over the 'Bama defense and legendary 'Bama coach Bear Bryant said Cunningham did more for integration in Alabama than MLK Jr. Alabama started recruiting black players after that game. 

An OPINION by Bear Bryant....ohhhh, his opinion is OK since it fits your biased narrative.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tom Fitton backs his statements with FACTS! get a grip CS....all your verbiage is an attempt to baffle by BS...

Just to be clear. I am totally for any regulations that protects voting. However, when the ONLY result of a change in voting results in LESS people voting for whatever reason, it is WRONG. And the fact is the Republicans propose it to reduce the vote. During the 90s, the Clinton administration proposed 'Motor Voter' whereby a person can register to vote when they are getting their drivers license. A proposal that would kill 2 birds with one stone. The Republicans at the time (and still do) were against it. Why? Just demographically more Democrats would be registered to vote. 

Both parties are slimy. The DNC's sliminess is mainly against their own. They are too scared of the Republicans to try it in general elections for the most part. Not that it doesn't happen but it mainly happens in local elections. In some urban centers, the Dem mayoral candidate would sometimes have leaflets made with complete lies about the opponent distributed through street teams the day and night before the election all over the city and the opposition candidate would have no time to respond before the damage is done. That was a typical routine in my hometown Philadelphia, Baltimore did it as well. Newark and Jersey City democratic machines made it a regular practice. Chicago and Detroit as well. 

The Republicans do slimy things on a national level against Democrats. They will do it in primaries if the Republican candidate is a maverick. John McCain was a serious challenger to Bush in 2000. He was formidable in the primaries but the RNC establishment was for Bush because he was born again and the Christian right insisted on him as well as his father still had a fair amount of power. The RNC put out rumors before the South Carolina primary that McCan fathered a black child out of wedlock. And had a photo. The truth was it was McCain's adopted child from overseas. Ironically, there is credible evidence Clinton fathered a black child and the child has tried to sue him for a blood test and Clinton would never do it. 

Both are slimy but comparable the Republicans are much worse. They will race bait, use religious bigotry, etc on a routine basis. Anyway, the Republicans are now interfering in the Democratic primaries. Not new. Rush LImbaugh urged people to vote for Obama in open primary states where anyone can vote in 2008 to derail Hillary Clinton. 

https://www.newsweek.com/rnc-funded-roughly-11000-automated-calls-jam-house-democrats-phone-lines-amid-impeachment-1469719