Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

2 hours ago, cavanami said:

No one is schooled by your BS...

What school did you go to? when did you graduate?

Your ramblings are total BS, as proven by your non-answer of my questions. I have outted other azzhats, so I will include you in that bunch,

Sorry for you that you feel you must steal a real medical professional's valor...

Ahhhhh, so now your onto the 'stealing valour' part of the playbook.  Do you ever have an original idea for your self?  I know it must be difficult, much easier to follow a playbook that was created by people more clever than yourself. 

And where is the valour?  I don't see it.  Invading poor countries for whimsical reasons isn't particularly heroic or courageous.  Getting your arse (sorry your ass) kicked by people that are barely out of the medieval stage is embarrassing. 

If my 'ramblings' are BS then go and shoot them down - because you are unable to are you not?  How dare you dial up the playbook, and accuse me of stolen valour?  I had hoped your were playing devil's advocate.  This isn't even a fair game - you can't even put together a comprehensible sentence. 

How about this - I'll handicap myself by getting myself by sculling two pints of whiskey with a rum chaser.  Well I was going to anyway, still an excuse near to hand is welcome, lol. 

Now bear in mind this is the 'USA thread'.  So welcome, and stay on point.

17 minutes ago, cavanami said:

The medical profession has valor...unlike the lies you tell.

Since this is the USA thread, which you are NOT an American citizen, then I can only supply a warning when BSers like you come into the thread.

Good bye. Another liar to ignore!

I think I've got the gist of what you said, although I did have to parse it.  Not that it's any of your business, but I am an American citizen.  Partly why I feel a duty to reply to people like you. 

Trump's overriding preoccupation is with craving for *superiority coming out of unbearable feelings of inferiority*.  This is expressed through wounded narcism.  There was a pattern of failure in his early life:

* He failed to meet the expectations of his father, a man he worshiped

* He failed to record any type of academic success, despite being bankrolled and virtually guaranteed it. 

* His sexual inferiority, unable to have a meaningful relationship with a woman owing to his hatred of his own mother.

* His very own father rejected him, leading to a desire for supra filiation.  He was literally an outsider looking in, all those people carousing, having the time of their lives, he had wealth, all the opportunity, but watching people enjoying themselves when he was incredibly miserable, it just couldn't be borne. 

I'll get onto what will be the denouement, I think you'll be surprised. 

Yes we know the man is sick.  But it's important to analyse this.  You might think that this doesn't matter - but we need to shine light on this.  If you don't agree with me - well speak up! 

Of course I could have easily written the playbook you are using.  In fact I mind writing something like that in a blackout and burnt it when I sobered up.  Just think of what I could do if I chose to? 

I don't make any excuse for being extremely competent.  Why should I?  If you fear me - well you should.  Because I rely on science and truth.  Good luck trying to disprove that. 

There's a deeper reason to why you should fear me.  I play a mean banjo, I propose a duel.

13 hours ago, panadolsandwich said:

I must admit, I've had a hell of a lot of fun from this thread.  I'm listening to the Rocky IV soundtrack as I write this.  'There's no easy way out!, I'm like a stranger in a no name town. Where's the shortcut?  God the realisation that this guy lingered in torment but he was ultimately deterred because he didn't want to make her angry. 

Or 'Burning Heart', two worlds collide.  'In the warrior's code there's no surrender' - it's the paradox that kills!  These lyrics are gold.

This is Americana.  What America doesn't understand is that this flag waving patriotism is kind of insulting to the rest of the world - like in your face kind of rude.  We tolerate it much like we tolerate an uncouth person by pretending we don't notice their trespass.

I was completely taken aback when Trump made his address to the UN, much like he'd do a rally campaign in Kansas City Missouri.  The German delegation openly laughed in his face.  This *was* a historical moment.  The President of the USA being openly mocked by a UN assembly. 

There is no taking that back.  It's an irrevocable stain on the US, your leader is now open to international mockery.  And it is now widely recognized that he doesn't care - in fact if he wasn't seen as so unreliable by the rest of the world, they'd happily wind him around their little finger. 

Americans who travel are very much aware of America's standing in the world. I have said on here, because of Trump, America no longer has any reliable allies. We have distanced ourselves from all allies with Israel being the exception and with regards to Israel the far right likes Trump but only transactional. They are very much aware of not only his anti semitism (despite a Jewish son in law and converted daughter) but also a lot of his support is anti semetic (...good people on both sides - Charlottesville) and his comments in front of Jewish groups. 

As for everyone else, if there was a war, there is no one out there who will come along if at all, like they have in prior conflicts. No one. Not even that special relationship with the UK is there. Both Canada and Mexico hate us (or rather him). France...Germany...South Korea...Philippines...Japan...no one. I've yet to hear anyone counter that on here. It just gets ignored and moved on because it's true. 

On an unrelated note, I keep hearing Fox News pundits talk about the 'economic miracle' and its complete utter bullshit. The very same stats they bring up, Obama did. Same. And people still voted against the Democrats over economic issues. Many of Trump's supporters are doing worse. If we recall early on he touted saving jobs with Carrier in Indiana, and other companies and they still shipped jobs overseas. The only jobs that are growing are jobs that can not sustain a household. Amazon is buying up bankrupt malls all over America and using them as distribution centers. https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2019/05/25/amazon-turns-shopping-malls-into-warehouses-changing-americas-community-landscape/

This the job growth that is making up most of the Trump's job numbers and its common knowledge these jobs pay shit. They have few benefits and the people are overworked.These are the jobs college grads have no choice to make.These are the jobs, if they get it, are part of the low Black unemployment rate, same with Uber. Uber is a part time or full time job for many people. I know people who on their way home from work switch on their Uber app to pick up riders in rush hour and a 45 minute commute home is 2-3 hours because they are picking up rides that go the route home. 

Farms in Trump country are going bankrupt https://modernfarmer.com/2019/11/farm-bankruptcies-are-way-up-this-year/

Record personal debt, credit cards, car loans, student debt as well as record corporate debt near 20 TRILLION DOLLARS. How the f*ck is this a great economy? It isn't . The unemployment rate is low because of 2 things. The stats are bullshit. If you haven't worked in 18 months you are taken off the stats. This is where a large part of the low black unemployment rate is from. So many guys I know in my old Philly area haven't  found steady jobs in months and its not from not trying. There simply aren't enough quality jobs out there. The second reason is that millions more people are now having to work a second job. Either part time, or whatever. Those two jobs by one person count as two jobs on the unemployment stats. It's smoke and mirrors. The stock market practically trippled under Obama but the market is no reliable stat of the economy. The stock market is largely companies buying their own stocks as well as hedge fund speculators. It's not based on the revenues and profits of the underlying companies. Companies like AT&T have 160 BILLION dollars in debt and probably can never pay it off but the CEO and senior management buy the stock of their company because their compensation package is made up stock options. 

If Trump gets re-elected it would have nothing to do with his voters being so financially better off. It's non economic reasons. It's his world view. They are voting for his cult of personality and social/cultural view points. 

Trump blatantly dog whistling he had the Department of Justice interfere with the sentencing of his indicted friend shows you has zero regard for the rule of law and morality. He really couldn't give a f*ck about propriety or the rule of law and literally thinks like a dictator. Literally. 

The good news is that the Republican establishment in Congress and states fear him more than agree with him. They support him publicly out of fear. So, given the opportunity of no retribution they will turn on him in an instant. 

The bad news is that the masses who Trump draws his power from and who are voters in the cowardly Republicans completely back a dictatorship. I am 100 percent sure if you polled the had core Trump supporters and said 'Would you support scrapping the constitution and just making Trump dictator for life' that most would. 

The fact of the matter is America is rotted from the inside and 40% or so is too large a number to overcome for now or ever. Eventually the left wing of America, who are the growing majority, will take over but I fear (and think) that the Trump minded leftovers will resort to any means necessary to be relevant including violence. It's not like it hasn't been happening. 

America is done. Done and dusted. We'll be a shell of ourselves in 20 years. 

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

Americans who travel are very much aware of America's standing in the world. I have said on here, because of Trump, America no longer has any reliable allies. We have distanced ourselves from all allies with Israel being the exception and with regards to Israel the far right likes Trump but only transactional. They are very much aware of not only his anti semitism (despite a Jewish son in law and converted daughter) but also a lot of his support is anti semetic (...good people on both sides - Charlottesville) and his comments in front of Jewish groups. 

As for everyone else, if there was a war, there is no one out there who will come along if at all, like they have in prior conflicts. No one. Not even that special relationship with the UK is there. Both Canada and Mexico hate us (or rather him). France...Germany...South Korea...Philippines...Japan...no one. I've yet to hear anyone counter that on here. It just gets ignored and moved on because it's true. 

On an unrelated note, I keep hearing Fox News pundits talk about the 'economic miracle' and its complete utter bullshit. The very same stats they bring up, Obama did. Same. And people still voted against the Democrats over economic issues. Many of Trump's supporters are doing worse. If we recall early on he touted saving jobs with Carrier in Indiana, and other companies and they still shipped jobs overseas. The only jobs that are growing are jobs that can not sustain a household. Amazon is buying up bankrupt malls all over America and using them as distribution centers. https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2019/05/25/amazon-turns-shopping-malls-into-warehouses-changing-americas-community-landscape/

This the job growth that is making up most of the Trump's job numbers and its common knowledge these jobs pay shit. They have few benefits and the people are overworked.These are the jobs college grads have no choice to make.These are the jobs, if they get it, are part of the low Black unemployment rate, same with Uber. Uber is a part time or full time job for many people. I know people who on their way home from work switch on their Uber app to pick up riders in rush hour and a 45 minute commute home is 2-3 hours because they are picking up rides that go the route home. 

Farms in Trump country are going bankrupt https://modernfarmer.com/2019/11/farm-bankruptcies-are-way-up-this-year/

Record personal debt, credit cards, car loans, student debt as well as record corporate debt near 20 TRILLION DOLLARS. How the f*ck is this a great economy? It isn't . The unemployment rate is low because of 2 things. The stats are bullshit. If you haven't worked in 18 months you are taken off the stats. This is where a large part of the low black unemployment rate is from. So many guys I know in my old Philly area haven't  found steady jobs in months and its not from not trying. There simply aren't enough quality jobs out there. The second reason is that millions more people are now having to work a second job. Either part time, or whatever. Those two jobs by one person count as two jobs on the unemployment stats. It's smoke and mirrors. The stock market practically trippled under Obama but the market is no reliable stat of the economy. The stock market is largely companies buying their own stocks as well as hedge fund speculators. It's not based on the revenues and profits of the underlying companies. Companies like AT&T have 160 BILLION dollars in debt and probably can never pay it off but the CEO and senior management buy the stock of their company because their compensation package is made up stock options. 

If Trump gets re-elected it would have nothing to do with his voters being so financially better off. It's non economic reasons. It's his world view. They are voting for his cult of personality and social/cultural view points. 

I applaud your passion, but also your awareness.  You may wish to review my decline of the USA thread over in the board bar.

The reason allies no longer trust America is that you're seen as unreliable.  This isn't just Trump it's more a general thing.  Not looking out for your own people is reviled in most places in the world.  Since we are on a Thai forum, lets use a Thai example.  I developed a fever and a painful tropical boil behind my ear.  My wife took me to the local clinic and over about two weeks, every day it was lanced and bandaged up and I was given antibiotics, analgesics, gauze pads etc.  And never once was I asked to pay one single satang.

The very first thing Trump attempted to do was remove the very small foothold that Obama had managed to gain on health care.  He didn't manage to do it - but if you work in the health industry - this reverberated around the world.  It wasn't that it was incredibly callous, ripping people from dialysis machines, it wasn't even that it was cruel - it was the cold calculation behind it - that's what shocked the rest of the world.  The richest country on earth and yet you are willing to do this to your own people?

I'm not overly sentimental, but that just blew me away. 

32 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Trump blatantly dog whistling he had the Department of Justice interfere with the sentencing of his indicted friend shows you has zero regard for the rule of law and morality. He really couldn't give a f*ck about propriety or the rule of law and literally thinks like a dictator. Literally. 

The good news is that the Republican establishment in Congress and states fear him more than agree with him. They support him publicly out of fear. So, given the opportunity of no retribution they will turn on him in an instant. 

The bad news is that the masses who Trump draws his power from and who are voters in the cowardly Republicans completely back a dictatorship. I am 100 percent sure if you polled the had core Trump supporters and said 'Would you support scrapping the constitution and just making Trump dictator for life' that most would. 

The fact of the matter is America is rotted from the inside and 40% or so is too large a number to overcome for now or ever. Eventually the left wing of America, who are the growing majority, will take over but I fear (and think) that the Trump minded leftovers will resort to any means necessary to be relevant including violence. It's not like it hasn't been happening. 

America is done. Done and dusted. We'll be a shell of ourselves in 20 years. 

Don't be so down hearted.  Your comments about the youth, well they can be mobilised.  They just need a leader. 

Also, once Trump is gone either by 'suicide', or house arrest, you'd be very surprised just how quickly this febrile atmosphere will evaporate.  I'm kind of preempting a post I'm working on so I'll say no more. 

There is so much potential in America.  I am a citizen sponsored for work reasons.  So yeah I've got a vote, but more - I've got a vision for America.  All this disrepair, the state of decline - it can all be turned around; we can take a broom and start tidying this place up, it's not hopeless like you suggest, most Americans are on board.  We can get engineers to assess the nation's infrastructure and triage it.  We can set about making this place a better to place to live.  It's not as hopeless as you suggest, it's all eminently possible. 

Don't worry, it's all in hand.  When I said I could have written the playbook, for once I wasn't joking.  It *is* going to be an exciting twenty years, so stick around.