Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

8 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

I support the proposal, nobody here does ever read this junk I guess.

I read your junk Bubi   👍

2 hours ago, panadolsandwich said:

You have to be reminded that this guy is a grown adult and not a child in a playground. 

Whilst I agree with you,   👍 ,   I do have to, for the sake of completeness, exhort readers to remember, that very early on, in the orange turd debacle, some years ago, my oft stated opinion, was that the orange turd was a 12 or 13 yr old, bully girl, in a playground, at least, that is his imaginary theatre.

Ahhaaa!

I've been thinking that Barr is a conscious Manchurian Candidate. Remember, best mates with Robert Mueller.

(a Manchurian Candidate is a person, especially a politician, being used as a puppet by an enemy (read anti-Trump) power.)

---

After Trump’s Attacks on Justice Dept., Barr Says He Will Not ‘Be Bullied’

The attorney general said that the president’s attacks on prosecutors’ handling of his friend Roger Stone’s sentencing undermine the legal system and the Justice Department.

Since becoming attorney general, William P. Barr has been one of President Trump’s most trusted advisers.Since becoming attorney general, William P. Barr has been one of President Trump’s most trusted advisers.Credit...T.J. Kirkpatrick for The New York Times

WASHINGTON — In an extraordinary rebuke of President Trump, Attorney General William P. Barr said on Thursday that Mr. Trump’s attacks on the Justice Department had made it “impossible for me to do my job” and asserted that “I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody.”

Mr. Barr has been among the president’s most loyal allies and denigrated by Democrats as nothing more than his personal lawyer but publicly challenged Mr. Trump in a way that no other sitting cabinet member has.

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody,” Mr. Barr said in an interview with ABC News. “And I said, whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial board, or the president, I’m going to do what I think is right. I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”

Mr. Barr’s remarks were aimed at containing the fallout from the department’s botched handling of its sentencing recommendation for Mr. Trump’s longtime friend Roger J. Stone Jr., who was convicted of seven felonies in a bid to obstruct a congressional investigation that threatened the president.

Mr. Trump’s criticisms “make it impossible for me to do my job and to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we’re doing our work with integrity,” Mr. Barr said.

He added, “It’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases.”

People close to the president said they were caught off guard by the interview.

Hours after prosecutors recommended on Monday that a judge sentence Mr. Stone to seven to nine years in prison, Mr. Trump attacked their request as “horrible and very unfair” and as a “miscarriage of justice.” The next day, Mr. Barr and other senior department officials intervened to lower the recommendation.

The episode ignited a firestorm among rank-and-file lawyers at the Justice Department. While the officials blamed the original filing on a miscommunication and said they had intended to correct it even before Mr. Trump assailed it, four of the prosecutors working on the case withdrew. Career prosecutors began to express worry that their work could be used to settle political scores.

The optics only worsened when Mr. Trump congratulated Mr. Barr for his decision to step in and ease the sentencing recommendation for Mr. Stone. “Congratulations to Attorney General Bill Barr for taking charge of a case that was totally out of control and perhaps should not have even been brought,” Mr. Trump said on Twitter.

The president also accused the prosecutors who had secured a conviction against Mr. Stone of engaging in an “illegal” investigation. He incorrectly accused Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who is presiding over the Stone trial, of placing his former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, in solitary confinement. Mr. Manafort, who was convicted of monetary fraud in a case that grew out of the special counsel’s investigation, at one point had a jail cell to himself but was not in solitary confinement, and Judge Jackson was not involved in his placement.

And Mr. Trump compared the Stone case to the Russia investigation led by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. “Even Bob Mueller lied to Congress,” Mr. Trump said, without evidence.

Congratulations to Attorney General Bill Barr for taking charge of a case that was totally out of control and perhaps should not have even been brought. Evidence now clearly shows that the Mueller Scam was improperly brought & tainted. Even Bob Mueller lied to Congress!

Mr. Barr did not immediately respond to those false claims about the prosecutors, the judge and Mr. Mueller. 

Mr. Barr quickly became one of Mr. Trump’s trusted advisers after becoming attorney general last February — a reversal of the tense relationship that Mr. Trump had with Mr. Barr’s predecessor, Jeff Sessions.

Mr. Trump soured on Mr. Sessions after he recused himself from oversight of the Russia investigation. Their toxic relationship cast a political shadow over the department and strained dealings between the department and the White House.

Tensions eased when Mr. Barr arrived and embraced some of the most divisive aspects of Mr. Trump’s agenda, often serving as a polished and articulate defender of the president against accusations of abuse of power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/us/politics/william-barr-trump.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Maggie Haberman contributed reporting from New York.

Katie Benner covers the Justice Department. She was part of a team that won a Pulitzer Prize in 2018 for public service for reporting on workplace sexual harassment issues. 

Cav, you're going silent on me. 

I've been thinking long and hard on this and I think this may work.  Trump's policy to make Mexico pay for his Game of Thrones style wall, complete with alligator and shark swamps and sharp spikes on too, with transparency, electrification and a laser system to stop drugs from being thrown of the top - Mexico will pay for all of this.  On this Trump and I as I am sure you as well are in accord.  Mexico will let us have the wall with all it's whiz fan dangled contraptions. 

Thereby freeing up the American budget - just think of the possibilities!  Every man, woman and child could be gifted a banjo.  Who'd have thunk it, a world were a kid didn't have his damned birthright, a banjo.  This is not an impossible dream, Trump you and I can make this happen.  Have you decided on a date for the banjo duel yet?   Don't mean to harp on it, but it sounds like you're fairly advanced in age, so don't wait too long.  It could be a while before we can put this banjo legislation through congress, and there will be some rather difficult diplomacy to sort out with Mexico - don't dream it's over buddy, don't ever dream it's over - if there's a man that can do it, that man will be Trump. 

This is true. Wealthy New Yorkers stopped respecting Trump after his second bankruptcy I've always heard. You get one bankruptcy and then other millionaires and billionaires will let it slide but a 2nd is gross incompetence. 

He's gone through it a few times. The reason Bloomberg and Steyer entered the race was because they saw someone who they knew was a compete narcissitic clown fool the American people or enough of them to get elected. Their campaign is really about how little they think of the American people to be fooled by a clown like Trump. I think they are partially right, I don't think its simple as that. I think most of his hard core supporters voted for him because he is an unapologetic bigot and they view his bigotry as being a patriot and defending the America of a generation ago, the Mad Men (referring to the TV show) era. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-bloomberg-trade-blows-president-143000649.html

Bloomberg snapped back on Twitter, saying that he and Trump "know many of the same people in NY."

"Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown," Bloomberg continued. "They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence. I have the record & the resources to defeat you. And I will."

10 hours ago, panadolsandwich said:

Don't be shy about the banjo, the reason I choose the banjo is because it favours you.  I want the duel to be so heavily weighted in your favour that my eventual triumph will be seen as a win among wins.  I've made no secret that I wish to handicap myself, my youth, my intelligence, my charisma, my education lol simply to eclipse anything you are.  A banjo duel is a fair way to settle things.  I don't wish to be seen as demolishing a feeble old stubborn misguided crotchety man simply because I can.  Dueling banjos gives you a fighting chance.  Take the olive branch and let us fix a date for the duel. 

Hugh Hoy, hmmm I'm sure would have been carousing with my great grandfather.  Just how old are you?  Next you'll be reminiscing about the good old days with Bernard Trink.  If my calculations are correct you are just about to pop off.  You are out in deep water and I highly doubt you are a good swimmer.  If you don't have much time, please factor it into your banjo decision.

I always say, I am old enough to know better 55555555555555

26 minutes ago, cavanami said:

I always say, I am old enough to know better 55555555555555

Okay so you are on board. Congratulations, don't worry I've got the banjo legislation primed and ready to go.  The Mexicans will do as they're told, it's all in hand.  It will take some cajoling, but I'm sure we as a team are equal to the task.  As you say old enough to know better, but the poorer for knowing what a sad old cheap man you've become. 

I have handicapped myself and this is the best you can come up with?  And still if you are struggling in deep water I would swim and save you.  That is the difference between you and I.  I can't stay angry at anybody for very long.  I've got this conscience you see.  Don't see this as a weakness, I'll do you a bad turn in a heartbeat, not because of any sense of justice, just for the devilment of it.  I'm just as bad as Trump, think about it.  I'm more competent.  I can play the banjo like the devil.  I'm suring you can as well, suring you can - so if we can't work as a team, then it is dueling banjos!!!

Anyhow Cav, you're off the hook.  You've been schooled and by the legendary Panadol no less.  You should chalk that up as quite an achievement.  There are people begging to be schooled by me.  I mind being three years old and looking at people like you.  Of course I was too young to know much of anything, but I knew people like you existed.  Cheap people.  Contemptible people.  People not having any sense of pride, or dignity. 

Anyhow you're off the hook.  All you have to do is the banjo duel.   Remember I'm good.