Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Does anyone know why AG Bill Barr asked Trump to stop tweeting?  There's an awfully lot of people scratching their heads over this.  Is it a case of "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"?  Is it the case that he feels so secure in his position that he can criticize the God-like Trump.  It's usually the routine that you'll be thrown under the bus, bullied and sued for your impertinence after that move. 

I for one smell a large whiskered rat.  It's become entirely obvious that Barr is Trump's lapdog. 

Image result for barr trumps lap dog

Here is the AG's Oath of Office:

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Take note of the 'without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion', part.  Which is exactly what has been going on recently - mental reservation for the purpose of evasion.  Mental reservation if you don't know it is also known as a 'lie of necessity'.  That where there is a conflict between Justice and Veracity (truth) that Justice will prevail.  The constitution expressly forbids this.  There's are high likelihood Barr will be going to prison once he is deposed.  And he's recently faced some serious pushback from his own department. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/12/politics/barr-frayed-relationships-walkout/index.html

Trump personally intervened in Jessie Liu's appointment to a senior Treasury position just one day before she was set for a confirmation hearing in the Senate.  Apparently she wasn't corrupt enough to his liking. 

There a real storm brewing and the shit is about to hit the fan in a big way. 

If I was prez, I'd severely cut our military budget, specifically many of the roughly 800 military installations large and small we have globally. Any combat veteran has universal healthcare head to toe, mental, dental, physical, etc. They can pick the doctor, don't even have to be the VA hospital. Their choice. All others who have served but non combat, any VA hospital. 

Families (spouse, children, and some benefits to parents, full if only child) of KIAs, MIAs, monthly amouint to be determined, livable wage for a certain length of time. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-budget-zeroes-out-funding-for-stars-and-stripes-the-militarys-newspaper-191802421.html

Trump budget zeroes out funding for Stars and Stripes, the military's newspaper

55 minutes ago, cavanami said:

Six in 10 Americans say they feel better off after first 3 years of Trump, poll says

A Gallup poll has encouraging news for President Donald Trump as his battle for reelection heats up: Six in 10 Americans say they are better off than they were three years ago when he took office, and about the same number credit him for the improvement. 

No other incumbent president in the past three decades has enjoyed such a high percentage of people saying they feel better about their situation. In 2012, when President Barack Obama was in the White House, 45% of Americans told Gallup they were better off than they were three years ago. In 2004, 1996 and 1992, the number was 50%.,,

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-6-10-americans-feel-150836030.html

Trump's approval ratings are some of the worst for a President. It's big news if it gets near 50%. This is one of those polls that tries to mask how unpopular he is. He has a high negatives. The economic numbers don't lie. 40% can't come up with $400, so I take this poll with not a grain of salt but a whole heap. 

When the default poll is to go down the regularly used polls to find one that sounds favorable, you are in trouble as a President. 

14 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

If I was prez, I'd severely cut our military budget, specifically many of the roughly 800 military installations large and small we have globally. Any combat veteran has universal healthcare head to toe, mental, dental, physical, etc. They can pick the doctor, don't even have to be the VA hospital. Their choice. All others who have served but non combat, any VA hospital. 

Families (spouse, children, and some benefits to parents, full if only child) of KIAs, MIAs, monthly amouint to be determined, livable wage for a certain length of time. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-budget-zeroes-out-funding-for-stars-and-stripes-the-militarys-newspaper-191802421.html

Trump budget zeroes out funding for Stars and Stripes, the military's newspaper

I don't begrudge the military their medical care.  Out of a budget of about 700 Billion about 50 is spent on medical care (2019 figures) about 14%.  Obviously having a medically fit standing army is one of the things you can't really skimp on.  But I do agree the military should be slimmed down.  The last thirty years or so has involved getting more and more contractors involved (mercenaries).  The don't have to report when these guys are KIA - there's no flag draped coffins or military salutes, they are just quietly buried.  Which has made perpetual war more palatable for the public, who quite naturally don't like their young men and women being slaughtered for foreign adventure. 

You might look at the axing of Stars and Stripes as a reaction most likely to Trumps growing unpopularity with the military.  He's made some awful micro managing decisions, overriding senior officers decisions, like the punishment of the madman shooting civilians in the Seals.  Firing Generals, the most recent Alexander Vindman for his testimony about his 'perfect' phone call to the Ukrainian President - which by the was highly illegal.  But it's a long list including John Kelly. 

No one forgets his comments about John McCain which were pretty rich coming from someone who dodged the draft, in fact comes from five generations (as far as we can trace back) of draft dodgers. 

Also raiding the military's budget for his prized wall hasn't gone over that well - which is a large understatement.

39 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

...Bill Clinton had very high polling numbers in every category. So, using the same line of thought.........?

Trump is fucked?  Not so fast Steve.  Hilary believed the polls which predicted she was going to romp in.  On election night she was so shocked she didn't even address the crowd to announce her defeat.  She just couldn't do it.  Apparently she was in a catatonic state.  She hardly even bothered to campaign she was so sure she'd get in.  It was her turn you see.  She was Presidential royalty you see (well that's how she viewed herself). 

The polls got it spectacularly wrong.  Of course they didn't factor in the Russian influence, particularly in social media.  Hilary was rather clueless in that regard.  She was a lazy Senator and as a Presidential Candidate she took the high road every time, which pissed a lot of Americans off that were tired of her arrogance.  Most people saw through her facade, one moment she'd be acting like a ditsy housewife - 'How do I clean a computer, with a cloth?' was incredibly insulting to American's intelligence.  She didn't do herself many favours by speaking in one language to bankers from Goldman Sachs for example, and adopting a folksy tone when talking to 'ordinary folk'.  Almost anyone could and should have beaten Trump but the DNC didn't go so far as to shoot themselves in the foot, they blew the whole leg off.  

Ignore the polls, at this point given that nothing has been done about election interference they are pretty much meaningless.