Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

4 hours ago, cavanami said:

Politics and the economy...I'm not betting the ranch on either one!

Dig via the internet enough and you can prove about anything you might want to.

Which is why I read the literature.  Want to know what the bankers think?  Go read their trade journals.  It can be inscrutable at first, but I quickly learned the codes.  Just a small matter of applying some intellect to it.  Which, LOL, appears in short supply at the moment. 

Bit off- topic here Cav, and this is advise is mostly for myself - kind of  a working journal if you please.  What women want is a man they can proudly say to their friends and family that is my man, and I'm proud of him.  They can instinctively recognize when some guy is a piece of lying shit, in fact like a shark in the water they can sniff it out from miles away. 

I think that's why we talk about Karma.  You can be a horrible person and put up a respectable shopfront.  But you'll always be found out in the end.  And for what?  Surely these corrosive beliefs are kind of bad for you health.  I mean why not genuinely care for people?  If you love a woman you want to see her confidence grow.  By being a lying sack of shit and ignorant to throw into the bargain, what can you ever reasonably hope to gain?  Perhaps you might enrich yourself, but that won't console you, all you end up doing is viciously chasing your tail. 

I don't mean this in a bad way.  But I really do pity you.  You could easily reform yourself if you wanted (the ability seems to be there), but it appears beyond you.  And if I didn't care, I wouldn't be saying this to you.  I'm genuinely concerned for you. 

Boy Scouts: A wholesome US institution poisoned by predators

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) - one of the largest youth organisations in the US - has filed for bankruptcy amid an avalanche of sexual abuse allegations.

The century-old group became as American as the Norman Rockwell paintings that immortalise their three-fingered salutes.

But its considerable membership - 2.4 million youth participants - is about half what it was in the 1970s, a decline that tracks mounting scrutiny surrounding the Scouts.

So what is behind the rise - and fall - of this American institution?

Considered a bastion of traditional American values, the BSA's self-declared "foundation of scouting" includes an oath to fulfil one's "duty to God and my country", with a mission to "prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices".

But behind the camp fire singalongs lurked "the largest paedophile ring on earth", a lawyer representing alleged victims said last year.

The BSA has been beset with a deluge of sexual misconduct allegations.

In February 2019, as reports emerged that BSA was considering filing for bankruptcy, the Abused in Scouting group used television ads to reach Boy Scouts across the country and found nearly 2,000 people with complaints, including one in every state, according to the New York Times.

The organisation now faces hundreds of claims directed at nearly 8,000 Boy Scout leaders.

And such controversy isn't entirely new. A 1935 article in the New York Times detailed files on hundreds of people, labelled as "degenerates" who had served as leaders with BSA.

The organisation says its transition to bankruptcy is intended to build compensation for victims of sex abuse.

"The BSA cares deeply about all victims of abuse and sincerely apologises to anyone who was harmed during their time in scouting. We are outraged that there have been times when individuals took advantage of our programmes to harm innocent children," chief executive Roger Mosby said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51552576

:mad: