Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Gold prices have shot up over the last six months. A huge sign that the powers that be think there is a big recession coming. Gold went from about 900 an ounce to 1900 bucks under Obama when the economy was in the Great Recession and dropped continually to about 1100 bux an ounce while Trump is in office now. It's gone up to 1600 in several months and is climbing. 

There are some experts who see 3k or even up to 5k an ounce when this economy crashes. Gold hasn't gone higher than 2k an ounce. I think it will break that easily and I suspect we'll see another 100 dollars or so before this year is out. 

Sneaky Obummer! Now to vet this claim...

Fact Check: Does ‘First Grandma’ receive a pension?

By Carole Fader
Posted Nov 4, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Times-Union readers want to know:

I received an email that says Marian Robinson, First Lady Michelle Obama’s mother, will receive a lifetime pension of $160,000 from the U.S. government. Is that true?

Here we go again. Another shared email. Another fake report.

Snopes.com reported that on Oct. 17, the Boston Tribune website published an article reporting that Robinson would be receiving a lifetime pension of $160,000 per year from the U.S. government from being the caretaker to the President Barack and Michelle Obama’s children during Obama’s presidency. Here is what the website says:

“According to documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, Mrs. Robinson earned the lifetime pension for ‘services rendered as full-time/in-home caregiver’ for granddaughters Malia, 18, and Sasha, 15, during President Obama’s two terms in office.

This report is untrue.

The Boston Tribune is a fake site that makes people think it is affiliated with a legitimate big-city newspaper to lure readers with fabricated stories, Snopes.com notes.

The Boston Tribune article provided links to the general pages of the National Taxpayers Union, FOIA.gov and the Civil Service Retirement System. That might look weighty, but those links did not provide any corroborating information.

The Former Presidents Act of 1958 ensures that presidents receive lifetime benefits after they leave office. This law also provides some benefits for former first ladies, such as Secret Service protection, but not lifetime pensions for them (or their parents).

First Ladies don’t receive a salary or a pension, and neither would a “first grandma.”

=========================================================================

PRESIDENT TRUMP JUST ENDED THE OBAMA'S VACATION SCAM!
Ex-President Obama was going to stick us for $2.1 billion or so. Before Obama left office, he arranged with the State Department for a series of "official visits"
to foreign countries spanning the next 20 years. Using funds from the Office of Presidential Visits and Vacations, Obama was planning to use what would have been $2.1 billion in free vacations for him and up to 24 members of his family plus staff and even a dog sitter until the year 2036. He would have, that is, until President Trump put a stop to it. Trump, who is always looking for ways to save money, was presented with a ledger that contained all of the Obama's travel plans and expenses. The ledger was found by one of the workers President Trump hired from outside the typical White House staff. President Trump immediately canceled the plans and recalled all Secret Service agents scheduled to protect the Obamas anywhere outside of the United States. The Obama's are also facing another new challenge at the hands of President Trump. They're going to have to repay the government $214 million for all of those vacations that weren't official state business.
The bill, after some small allowances for days that were possibly work related, is for $214 million. Of the 692 days the Obama's spent on vacation, almost none included any work at all. They ate, slept, and golfed And, Michelle was given shopping allowances from the Office of Discretionary Gifting Funds, which is supposed to be used to buy presents for visiting dignitaries.
Feel free to share this with everyone in your email list. Many Americans will appreciate to know this hidden facts.
Yea, President Trump! We love what you do and for what you stand for!
P.S. Michelle's mother, who took care of the granddaughters for all 8 years was GETTING PAID! And NOW she is getting a pension of $13,000 a month for the rest of her life. (chew on that; how much is your social security?)
You can't get another example of curruption of blatant abuse of the American people and their tax dollars. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧🇺🇸🇨🇦🇷🇺🇮🇹🇮🇱🇭🇲🇳🇿🇫🇷

8 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

The Federal Reserve wants you broke. The insinuation is that saving is not good for the economy. In no healthy economy is it ever a bad thing not to save. The Japanese are culturally a nation of savers. Their economy took off in the 80s while they were notorious savers. Germans are culturally savers as well comparatively. 4th biggest economy. 

Savers avoid debt. Avoiding debt is obviously good. Had more Americans and corporations avoided debt in the run up to 2008, we wouldn't have had the great recession. Germany is teetering on recession as a nation and some of their industries are technically in a recession but they are well placed to deal with it. Americans and more importantly corporations since they are employers need to take on 'smart' debt, such as borrowing to invest in new factories or upgrading, etc, instead of borrowing to prop up stock prices. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m-h-star-kellye-nakahara-035423887.html

How Millennials Could Make the Fed's Job Harder

A young generation of aggressive savers could leave central bankers with less room to cut interest rates, which they have long done to boost growth in times of economic trouble.

To leave the workforce early, millennials would need to build up massive retirement funds and consume less in the process. That hit to demand could slow growth and force rates to drop ever lower to entice spending. And if today’s workers actually managed to retire young, it would exacerbate the situation by shrinking the labor force, further weighing on the economy’s potential.

There is so much wrong with this that I'm simply going to ask you revisit your assumptions.

Nah fuck it.  Okay a millennial retires early - he doesn't have a fucking retirement fund.  He's just a bum living on the street.

You seem to think millenials will solve everything - the reality is they don't give a flying fuck, what with being so disenchanted and all.  Most of them don't even bother to vote - they fail to see the point. 

Also central bankers will just start printing money.  I'll restate that - they'll start printing more money.  And those businesses too big to fail, you will be paying for them one way or another - whether through you or your children. 

Go ahead and actually take some goddamned responsibility yourself.  Phone a senator and demand a meeting.  If it's denied mock him. And if he does see you make the point that you will hold him personally responsible for not acting on your entirely responsible beliefs. 

But whatever you do - please don't rely on this mythical new generation to solve everything for you.  If anything they are looking up to people like you to provide leadership.  Take a deep breath, well up the courage and just go out and get it done. 

Hey Panodolsandwich, I welcome your view and input. You always have good insights and ask good questions. I don't think the youngest generation will solve everything...haha...but they are the future. The 2 youngest generations will determine what the future is. Many of us (assuming you are baby boomer or Gen X) will be around when they take over. So, what they think or do is very important globally. They will be the decision makers on social security, taxes, the size and scope of government. 

There is a popular strategy that millenniels are employing called FIRE, Financial Independent, Retire Early. So, no they are not living like bums if they employ this strategy. The plan is to be extremely frugal, save as much as you can in your 20s into your 30s, invest the money and they hope to retire by 35 or 40 with income for the rest of their lives.Is it possible? Well, many have done it, some fail I suppose. 

Traditionally, in all generations, the youngest, newest voters vote the least. However, there was a huge up surge in young people voting in Obama's first election in 2008 and in 2016 and this year for Bernie Sanders. The stats bear that out. https://www.vox.com/2019/4/26/18516645/2018-midterms-voter-turnout-census

Presumably they will be voting in higher rates and at some point a millenniel today will be President and have the same mindset. The Federal Reserve will have a different view of things. 

As for me personally, I'm fine. I don't have kids but I worry about yours (if you have) and others kids and their future. I have a plan for my future and am working it right now. 

5 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Hey Panodolsandwich, I welcome your view and input. You always have good insights and ask good questions. I don't think the youngest generation will solve everything...haha...but they are the future. The 2 youngest generations will determine what the future is. Many of us (assuming you are baby boomer or Gen X) will be around when they take over. So, what they think or do is very important globally. They will be the decision makers on social security, taxes, the size and scope of government. 

There is a popular strategy that millenniels are employing called FIRE, Financial Independent, Retire Early. So, no they are not living like bums if they employ this strategy. The plan is to be extremely frugal, save as much as you can in your 20s into your 30s, invest the money and they hope to retire by 35 or 40 with income for the rest of their lives.Is it possible? Well, many have done it, some fail I suppose. 

Traditionally, in all generations, the youngest, newest voters vote the least. However, there was a huge up surge in young people voting in Obama's first election in 2008 and in 2016 and this year for Bernie Sanders. The stats bear that out. https://www.vox.com/2019/4/26/18516645/2018-midterms-voter-turnout-census

Presumably they will be voting in higher rates and at some point a millenniel today will be President and have the same mindset. The Federal Reserve will have a different view of things. 

As for me personally, I'm fine. I don't have kids but I worry about yours (if you have) and others kids and their future. I have a plan for my future and am working it right now. 

Thanks for your generous words.  I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have children.  When my wife presented me with our daughter I just clutched her to my chest and wondered what the hell I'd done.  With my wife being a 10, and I having very strong Scandinavian heritage as she grew older she my dread grew.  As a Eurasian she is incredibly beautiful.  People often take photos of my family thinking we are famous.  When she started talking, my heart dropped into a sea of black.  She has that exact kind of precocious  inquisitiveness I had when growing up.  Difference being I am quite a physically imposing man accompanied by a general bearing that kind of screams out just try to fuck with me. 

Anyhow sorry about that tangent.  Don't be offended, but these FIRE characters have kind of decided to quit the system, and live a kind of wretched life.  I mean it's okay by me if they want to burn their cash, howl at the moon, live off spliffs and watermelons and who knows a handful of lentils and rice, whilst they fuck themselves senseless.  But when they inevitably become sick owing to malnutrition and alcohol abuse, I'll look them up and down, put them on drip, most likely pabrinex known to be useful for psychiatric states of dysphoria, mania and hysterical tantrums. 

Again being curious, I'll ask them what the hell they think they are doing?  I mean you were virtually dead when they brought you in here.  'Because I want to fight the system'! The system doesn't want you dead.  'Yes they do'.  I shouldn't be saying this but if you are against the 'system' so much, the next time you are incredibly ill and on the verge of dying don't come here again.  'That's exactly what the people like you from the system want me to think!'   I entirely understand what you mean, but you must try to remain composed and relaxed. 

Talking to the nurse in the hallway, this patient is displaying highly worrying symptoms of hysterical mania, dysphoric state, and if we don't tranquilize her immediately I fear she will become a danger to the other patients and of course your colleagues.  I hand over a prescription with enough potency to knock an elephant off kilter.  She rushes off.  I look at the prescription pad, and I look around the hospital.  I then repair to my office and write off the necessary documentation to get the woman transferred to a secure mental facility.  I didn't feel particularly bad about this.  I thought a spell in the 'system' would be a kind of interesting experience for her. 

When America was founded, only white men with land could vote. The reason most historians state is that the colonies were fairly new and many were born abroad. Many had suspected and actual dual allegiances, England, Germany, Holland, etc. The majority of country were landless, poor and under educated or uneducated. The concept of a Republic was new. A Republic was something learned men at the time were taught ancient Greece tried for a time and it failed miserably. 

So, the founders only wanted those to vote who had "skin in the game" to use a modern term The ones with the land were the ones that financed independence and stood to lose the most if they had lost the war. Also, more often than not, people with land were educated. The framers feared that the masses of poor and landless would be easily swayed and would choose wrong leaders. However, the framers still didn't trust the ones that owned land. Why? Because you had a lot of new landowners. The former penniless, uneducated men who worked off their indentured servitude debt and scraped enough money from being a smith, carpenter, butcher, farming or apprenticeship like Ben Franklin endured, to buy a small plot of land in the rural area or a small townhouse in the city. They were still under educated. Too many of them. The framers felt they needed something to protect the nation in its infancy to ensure a Republic would survive so they added another layer. The Electoral College. These would be learned, respected men who would protect the country from a possible despotic ruler who could sway the voters with lies, etc. (they feared an 18th century Trump in other words 😁)

The southern slave states had a lower population than the north in terms of freedmen. They held up ratification of the constitution to protect themselves. Slaves being deemed 3/5 of a person was the compromise. So a slave owner who had 100 slaves would have 60 votes instead of 1. With the exception of Washington, every other early President would not have been elected without this compromise. Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, probably Jackson as well. 

The Electoral College is extremely outdated and non democratic. It's supported by Republicans more than Democrats these days because it helps them being the minority party in terms of total voters of their party. If the Electoral College was so great then why isn't used at the state level? There are large states like Texas, New York and California that are big and diverse enough to use it but don't. Why? Because its not only an unfair system of election its illogical as well. 

The theory PS is that we will have nationalized healthcare at that time. And they will be paying taxes. When these young retirees liquidate their stocks or if they receive passive income from the rental real estate they own, etc, they are paying taxes on that income. 

I think you are under the impression they are living off the state. I have met a few of them. Bali has several young people there who have made hundreds of thousands from eCommerce, Youtube videos, etc. 

You sound like you have a beautiful family. Congrats. Its also evident you care about the future your child will be living in.