Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I didn't mind the pardon of Michael Milken although it came after the fact, but still, the impeachment vote has made Trump worse. He is blatantly accepting bribes. His supporters love it because it pisses off Democrats but ignore it sets a precedence they may have to deal with and it shows no respect for the office. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-pardoned-man-whose-family-donated-to-campaign-2020-2

Trump pardoned a construction-company owner whose family donated over $200,000 to his campaign

• Haha 1

Trump rightfully guessed that the Dems won't try impeachment again and he knows no matter what he does (and I mean that), he won't get convicted of impeachment as long as his supporters don't care because  the Senate republicans only care what the Trump supporters in their state think. When Trump continues to violate the law, and does impeachable acts he knows he won't be convicted. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

We are an authoritarian state

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-offered-assange-pardon-covered-171516819.html

Trump Offered Assange Pardon if He Covered Up Russian Hack, WikiLeaks Founder’s Lawyer Claims

Fake News! even your snopes had no comment! truth is...more BS from those suffering from TDS...

The allegation was denied by the former Republican congressman named by the Assange legal team as a key witness.

Rohrabacher denied the claim, saying he had made the proposal on his own initiative, and that the White House had not endorsed it.

“At no time did I talk to President Trump about Julian Assange,” the former congressman wrote on his personal blog. “Likewise, I was not directed by Trump or anyone else connected with him to meet with Julian Assange. I was on my own fact finding mission at personal expense to find out information I thought was important to our country.

“At no time did I offer Julian Assange anything from the president because I had not spoken with the president about this issue at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/feb/19/donald-trump-offered-julian-assange-pardon-russia-hack-wikileaks

How the great institutions have fallen...

Another Catholic diocese seeks bankruptcy after abuse deals

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, filed for bankruptcy Wednesday, six months after disclosing it had paid millions of dollars to people sexually abused as children by its clerics.

The diocese joins at least 20 others across the United States in seeking protection from creditors through the federal bankruptcy system, but it is the first diocese in Pennsylvania to take such a step.

In August, the diocese said it paid 106 people a total of just over $12 million to compensate for claims of sexual abuse they suffered as children from its clerics, deacons and seminarians,and officials said Wednesday the current total is 111 settlements...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/another-catholic-diocese-seeks-bankruptcy-181931516.html

Rohrabacher is a Republican and connected to Trump based on the administration's constant lying and Trump officials saying its okay to lie to the press because it considers them the enemy. Rohrabacher's claim means Jack Schitt frankly. The administration zero credibility left. I believe it. He said he would "call on Trump" to pardon. Why would he say that if it wasn't already a condition? He would not have said it if it wasn't a deal. 

Rohrabacher weighed in on Wednesday afternoon, insisting he never spoke to Trump about Assange prior to his personally-funded “fact finding mission” to London. He said he told Assange that he would “call on” Trump to pardon him if he was able to say who gave him the hacked emails.

Not sure how the bankruptcy of the Boy Scouts is a liberal issue but oh well. If anything, traditionally its a fairly conservative organization, same as the Catholic church. Some things are societal, not ideological. 

Many years ago, I attended a church in LA and they asked me to take over the boy's club. I didn't want to do it. It was my girlfriend's church at the time but I said okay but only on a few conditions. First, I told them the pastor that he shouldn't have anyone in charge of any youth group unless he ran their name through the system. 2 types of people volunteer to lead childrens groups. And they are both polar opposites, those that have a genuine love for kids and want to make sure they have a great environment to grow and those that target kids and try to groom them for abuse. The other thing I said was there should always be a second adult and a plan for things such as illnesses or accidents that required a doctor. And open door, any parent can stop by anytime. 

This was LA. There were simply too many stories out there. I didn't want to be falsely accused of anything, church or not. As soon as a permanent replacement was found, I quit...lol. 

On a side note, we did have a pretty good time but I wanted teach them to be happy with what they had. So, during the Christmas holidays we went to the children's hospital the wing with the terminal kids and had a video game night. You had to partner with someone from the other group. It was very awkward at first, then kids are kids and they were arguing and joking with each other. Some of them had shaved heads. I didn't stop them from asking questions. The parents for some of them were there and they were very, very grateful for a little normalcy. The hospital was a little skeptical and worried (lawsuits, insurance, etc.). Nurses had to be present, which was fine. The most surreal and awkward moment was when one of my boys said, they'd love to do it next year and one of them said maybe, maybe not and it hit them that these are terminal kids for the most part. 

Anyway, sadly any group dealing with kids gets targeted, you can't trust any group or people. I won't babysit any kid unless its a family member. Its a shame. I used to say hello to kids in line when I was young but stopped years ago. Just not worth it. But if I had a small child I'd be wary as well. 

Trump offered to pardon Julian Assange if the WikiLeaks founder agreed to say Russia was not involved in hacking emails from the Democratic National Committee. Assange’s lawyer, Edward Fitzgerald, claimed at a court hearing in London that former Republican congressman Dana Rohrabacher offered Assange the deal in 2017. Fitzgerald said he had a statement from another Assange lawyer, Jennifer Robinson, that shows “Mr. Rohrabacher going to see Mr. Assange and saying, on instructions from the president, he was offering a pardon or some other way out, if Mr. Assange … said Russia had nothing to do with the DNC leaks.” White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham denied the allegation, saying Trump “barely knows Dana Rohrabacher” and has “never spoken to him on this subject or almost any subject.” In Sept. 2017, Rohrabacher said that as part of the deal, Assange would have to hand over a computer drive or other data storage devices that would prove that Russia was not the source of the hacked emails. The White House confirmed that Rohrabacher had called John Kelly, then Trump’s chief of staff, to talk about a possible deal with Assange. Kelly reportedly declined to pass it along to Trump. (The Guardian / Daily Beast / Washington Post / Washington Post / The Verge / CNBC)

Accused Russian spy Maria Butina had dinner last year with Dana Rohrabacher, a California Republican congressman on the House Foreign Relations Committee. Two years earlier, Butina arranged a meeting in St. Petersburg, Russia, that included Rohrabacher and her mentor Alexander Torshin, who is one of Putin’s closest allies. Rohrabacher also met Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya during an official trip he made to Moscow in April 2016. Later that summer, Rohrabacher traveled to London to meet with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. WikiLeaks released Hillary Clinton’s hacked emails on July 22, 2016. (ABC News)

3 hours ago, cavanami said:

Fake News! even your snopes had no comment! truth is...more BS from those suffering from TDS...

The allegation was denied by the former Republican congressman named by the Assange legal team as a key witness.

Rohrabacher denied the claim, saying he had made the proposal on his own initiative, and that the White House had not endorsed it.

And yet the Whitehouse confirms the story, so it's not fake news Cav, you are a moron. And Cav, by perpetuating a lie, you become a liar.

"The White House confirmed that Rohrabacher had called John Kelly, then Trump’s chief of staff, to talk about a possible deal with Assange. Kelly reportedly declined to pass it along to Trump. "

So Kelly saved the day. Not Cav.