Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

4 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

The theory PS is that we will have nationalized healthcare at that time. And they will be paying taxes. When these young retirees liquidate their stocks or if they receive passive income from the rental real estate they own, etc, they are paying taxes on that income. 

I think you are under the impression they are living off the state. I have met a few of them. Bali has several young people there who have made hundreds of thousands from eCommerce, Youtube videos, etc. 

You sound like you have a beautiful family. Congrats. Its also evident you care about the future your child will be living in. 

Again thanks for you kind words Steve.  Certainly not under the impression they are living off the state.  As I say I regularly meet the demographic you describe and it's almost heart breaking how polite and respectful they are.  Thais most definitely embrace this people and respect them.  However they are in a real minority.  The millions of disenfranchised youth are skulking around in regional areas.  It's not hard to divine their beliefs.  Just go ahead and ask them.  They will describe the world as being out of reach.  Or it will never belong to me.  I mind I've been kind of depressed, waging chemical warfare against myself.  But to see it in such a large scale in such a population is particularly frightening. 

We kind of wander around in this shameful shadow land.  We see the filth in the streets, step over the bums with contempt, we crush the pollen of flowering plants with our crude feet, we kind of engender a peculiar contempt for the very thing that allows our survival.  I can't stay here, it's become extremely painful.  It's an entirely sick world.  But I can't go.  

Because if noone changes anything.  You know what?  We are all going down, together.  These days my ship has sailed.  Where the sea doesn't meet the sky.  No moon will raise the tide.  Because I will drift until I die.  And no ship can ever return me.

Whoops sorry had a fevered spell I was on one of those corona virus cruise ships. 

The US under this so called President is on the way to become a Banana-state. I do not wish to insult banana-producing states but that is what is happening. Recently about 2000 (ex)-employees of the Barr administration claimed the house is going down the drain. Where on earth did anything like that ever happen?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

I propose that President Donald issues a pricelist depending on time left to serve.

Bubi...here are some stats to bring these pardons in to focus and that ALL PRESIDENTS have done this...

Democratic president Barack Obama pardoned 212 people and commuted the sentences of a further 1,715 people.

Obama holds the record for the largest single-day use of the clemency power, granting 330 commutations on January 19, 2017, his last full day in office.[5][6] He also issued more commutations than the past 13 presidents combined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Barack_Obama

7 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

The US under this so called President is on the way to become a Banana-state. I do not wish to insult banana-producing states but that is what is happening. Recently about 2000 (ex)-employees of the Barr administration claimed the house is going down the drain. Where on earth did anything like that ever happen?

America is done. When there is a reasonable possibility Trump can win re-election it means there are too many Americans who simply do not believe in the rule of law, the constitution and being humane. About 40% of the country. The other 60% can't control them. 

America has ceased to be a functioning Republic. It's China's century. Buffalo Bill, you may be right in that its a last gasp. It's the cornered rat syndrome and you may be right. But we are talking 40%. The younger generation will eventually move the country farther left but the right will get desperate and I truly believe will resort to violence. If you recall in modern history, Italy had had bombings and such in the '70s. Red Brigade and other groups. America will have the same but on the right. We have already seen that almost all the shootings are right wing. When it is obvious they can no longer elect people and the country has gone down a certain road, they will get violent. 

You know? I believe deep down, the fringe right, hard core Trump supporters know they are eventually going to lose. They are grasping on to hope. After Trump, who? My guess Nikki Barber. Cruz won't win a national election. Trump cucked him. He may not even win his own state's senate race. Someone will emerge but I can't see them galvanizing enough people. 

I will say again, if Trump wins re-election it will end badly because he will have a massive crash. No matter who wins there will be a crash and a Dem president can possibly/probably blame it on Trump if it happens soon enough. If its Trump, he owns it and it will not be pretty for a few reasons. First, he won't know what to do and will fuck up a recovery. Second, its going to be interesting when he is like Bush in October 2008 and your popularity plummets and hard core supporters are too embarrassed to wear your paraphernalia. He will panic. He will go off hinge and it we may hear whispers of the 25th amendment where his cabinet votes to remove him for being mentally unstable and unable to govern. 

At that time we may see him trying to start a war or blatantly violate the law and openly impeachable acts or fake a medical emergency or all of the above. Part of me sadistically wants to see him re-elected to see it in real time. 

Has anybody within the esteemed community ever heard of an arsehole by the name of Richard Grenell ?? Most hated US-ambassador in Germany ever and member of the group of dedicated Trump slaves. Now appointed by the Donald as secret services coordinator. No job-experience whatsoever of course but probably usable looking at the forthcoming election. Putin might want to repeat his support for Donald , you know what I mean.