Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

9 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

i've said what I have said about Sanders. Sorry, but I basically disregard what  someone who supports the bullshit Trump's administration does about Bernie. He's a saint in comparison. If its a Warren supporter or similar, fine. Sanders is and remains the purest of all the candidates in comparison by either party. That's without question. Unequal comparisons to justify things like kids in cages, bigotry against other groups, immoral behavior, etc, I really don't care for. 

CS
Your hero in a nut shell...facts and truth!

1. Sanders has worked hard to cover up his assets.
2. From the moment Sanders achieved political office, he created a system of benefiting his allies as well as himself.
3. Sanders hypocritically speaks out against the military-industrial complex but he supported General Executives and denounced the protesters when he was mayor.
4. Sanders avoided consistent employment by his endless running for political office.
5. He demonized Pomerleau, a greedy developer per Sanders, but Sanders formed an alliance with Pomerleau that has lasted for decades.
6. Pomerleau made Sander's wife and her college venture possible.
7. It was discovered that Sanders was having secret meetings with big money families for the Alden project. Sanders was pushing for the project but the voters rejected it.
8. The 1990 Sanders bid for election was financed by wealthy investment managers in Manhattan.
9. Sanders and family setup companies, one of them for "media buying". A murky and lucrative source of income but never disclosed the commissions paid to the Sanders family..
10. Sanders wife was hired to be in charge of the Burlington College (less then 200 students), because Bernie was a Congressman.
11. Sanders wife traveled to Cuba in an attempt to bring the Burlington College students to Cuba. US government rejected her request.
12. When Sanders ran for president in 2015 he was required to file personal financial disclosures but he repeatedly filed for extensions to avoid doing the disclosure.

22 hours ago, panadolsandwich said:

I find the reaction to Bernie winning as a 'surprise' fairly offensive. 

Also Flash I expect much more from you then just regurgitating propaganda.  I mean I don't mind an interesting news item placed without out any comment.  Frankly I thought you must of been in your late 80s.  Kind of like posting something and then forgetting why the hell you are posting it.  A harmless old codger in other words, we kind of indulge, listen to his detached memories whilst bored out of our minds, smile and wave at then turn the corner and think, bloody hell he got old awfully quick.  Well at least he won't be around much longer. 

Have a nice day.  :)

Bernie vs Trump will be interesting. In private Trump has said he fears Bernie. The only thing Trump fears about Bloomberg are 1. his money and 2. Bloomberg knows things about him no one else does. Trump has alienated the NY dinner circuit set. 

Bernie routinely polls above Trump. The unknown is how supportive the DNC will be. It's a catch 22 for them. If Bernie wins, the party will move left towards the justice democrats types and the establishment Dems will be weaker. If Bernie loses, they can say internally, "see, we can't run anyone far left" but they may end up without the House of Representatives as well. So, they remain in power within the party but lose all external power. So, it may be a matter of the establishment will rather rule in hell (control the party) rather than serve in heaven (be the party in power but no longer have anywhere close to the same power within the party). 

I still maintain the economy will play a major role. The GOP have done a Jedi Mind Trick by repeating a lie about the economy so often even the Dems believe it. When you are the party with significantly less voters, you have to be better at politics. 

Bernie has integrity on his side. He can't be bought off and that is a good selling point as well as populist platform. He will bring out a lot of young people. A lot. Obama did as well in his first term. They didn't come out as much his second term when the luster wore off a bit. 

8 hours ago, cavanami said:

CS
Your hero in a nut shell...facts and truth!

1. Sanders has worked hard to cover up his assets.
2. From the moment Sanders achieved political office, he created a system of benefiting his allies as well as himself.
3. Sanders hypocritically speaks out against the military-industrial complex but he supported General Executives and denounced the protesters when he was mayor.
4. Sanders avoided consistent employment by his endless running for political office.
5. He demonized Pomerleau, a greedy developer per Sanders, but Sanders formed an alliance with Pomerleau that has lasted for decades.
6. Pomerleau made Sander's wife and her college venture possible.
7. It was discovered that Sanders was having secret meetings with big money families for the Alden project. Sanders was pushing for the project but the voters rejected it.
8. The 1990 Sanders bid for election was financed by wealthy investment managers in Manhattan.
9. Sanders and family setup companies, one of them for "media buying". A murky and lucrative source of income but never disclosed the commissions paid to the Sanders family..
10. Sanders wife was hired to be in charge of the Burlington College (less then 200 students), because Bernie was a Congressman.
11. Sanders wife traveled to Cuba in an attempt to bring the Burlington College students to Cuba. US government rejected her request.
12. When Sanders ran for president in 2015 he was required to file personal financial disclosures but he repeatedly filed for extensions to avoid doing the disclosure.

Half this stuff isn't true, and the other half "meh". Gaslight 101. For the record, I'm an independent. Secondly, compared to Trump, Bernie is Mother Theresa. Very funny a Trump supporter saying do't vote for Bernie because of the stuff above. Very, very funny. Sorry, but I've dismissed the meme/post/allegations, whatever it is. 

25 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Half this stuff isn't true, and the other half "meh". Gaslight 101. For the record, I'm an independent. Secondly, compared to Trump, Bernie is Mother Theresa. Very funny a Trump supporter saying do't vote for Bernie because of the stuff above. Very, very funny. Sorry, but I've dismissed the meme/post/allegations, whatever it is. 

As usual...you dismiss truth and facts as they do not fit your narrative...now that is sad....and ALL IS TRUE. Can you say, cognitive dissonance?

Gaslighting? you brought President Trump in to the Bernie Sanders discussion...that makes YOU the gaslighter (is that even a word) 555

News flash....truth and facts do not require your approval...try again....

Wait until I post the 200+ fuckups of Obummer....

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

As usual...you dismiss truth and facts as they do not fit your narrative...now that is sad....and ALL IS TRUE. Can you say, cognitive dissonance?

Gaslighting? you brought President Trump in to the Bernie Sanders discussion...that makes YOU the gaslighter (is that even a word) 555

News flash....truth and facts do not require your approval...try again....

Wait until I post the 200+ fuckups of Obummer....

Little man, what now?  I have always assumed you are trying to wind us up.  Haven't changed my mind.  The thing is, you do it rather poorly.  I'll give you a script, but don't make one goddamned move until I call action.  

Picture poor Muff Richardson, working his way through all the obstacles using only his 20 year old computer, but leveraging it by getting it to take command of the world's computers.  Levering the world off it's fulcrum so to speak. 

Often I'll chastise Muff, deploring him,  but he'll often ask my advise.  Wanting me to direct his actions.  I'm a kind of natural leader I suppose, so I asked him about breakfast.  Waffles with creme fraiche.  I was shocked, what kind of fresh hell is this?  Just get back to work Muff, just get back to work. 

9 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

So, it may be a matter of the establishment will rather rule in hell (control the party) rather than serve in heaven (be the party in power but no longer have anywhere close to the same power within the party). 

Curiously, I think you are right and also about the GOP, so, both parties.

• Like 1

Donald Trump butchers pronunciation of Sachin Tendulkar in speech

Oh for fu...

Embedded video

US President Donald Trump made a meal of pronouncing Indian cricket great Sachin Tendulkar's name during a speech in Ahmedabad.

Trump basked in India's welcoming embrace during his first official visit to the subcontinent with more than 100,000 people packing out the world's largest cricket stadium.  

"Where your people cheer on the world's greatest cricket players from Sue-Chin Tendulkar to Virat Ko-Lee," Trump said to cheers.  

Sachin Tendulkar is the highest runs scorer in test and ODI cricket, amassing 15921 in 200 tests between 1989 and 2013, including 51 hundreds. In the ODI format he finished his career with 18426 in 463 matches.

Trump opened his rally speech in Ahmedabad on Monday by declaring that he had traveled 8,000 miles to deliver the message that "America loves India, America respects India and America will always be faithful and loyal friends to the Indian people."

//  8,000 miles for 4 hours and "Sue-Chin" ? Is this what the President of the United States is supposed to be doing? Going to cheer fests ? Does he know that these cheering cricket fans can't vote for him?