Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

5 minutes ago, cavanami said:

Why do you mention Trump? are you so fixated on Trump that you don't understand that in the USA there must be some governor, senator or congressperson that is much better then the worn out losers that the Dems have put up to be their candidate. Understand?

The reason why he mentions trump my imbecilic friend, is that he happens to be the incumbent in the forthcoming Presidential  election.  Now let's do a 180, I know 360 is pretty popular here but we can always just do another 180.  Surely the GOP can field someone more fit for office then Trump?

6 minutes ago, panadolsandwich said:

The reason why he mentions trump my imbecilic friend, is that he happens to be the incumbent in the forthcoming Presidential  election.  Now let's do a 180, I know 360 is pretty popular here but we can always just do another 180.  Surely the GOP can field someone more fit for office then Trump?

The Dems want to gain the white house, thus the discussion is on what better candidates can the Dems come up with. Nothing about this is Trump. Understand?

4 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Watching the Dem candidates struggling to win the race it is sadness that befalls me. Instead of attacking President Donald they waste their time.

It's normal. Each are trying to be the nominee so they differentiate themselves from each other in the form of attacks on each other's record and character. Republicans did the same in the run up to 2016. All of them denounce Trump when it comes up in the debate. Normal here. 

Trump’s re-election campaign sued the New York Times for libel over a 2019 opinion article,
accusing the newspaper of intentionally publishing a false story about a “quid pro quo” between Russian officials and Trump’s 2016 campaign. The suit alleges that the Times “has engaged in a systematic pattern of bias” against Trump by falsely reporting “as fact a conspiracy with Russia” with the “intentional purpose” of damaging Trump’s chances for reelection. Trump’s campaign argues that the op-ed conclusion “is false” and that the Times published the essay “knowing it would misinform and mislead its own readers.” To win the lawsuit, however, the Trump campaign will have to prove that the Times knew in March 2019 that the op-ed was false because of what was later confirmed in the Mueller report, which was published in April 2019.

(
CNBC / Reuters / Mediate / New York Times)

I think we're seeing in this, evidence of Trump's only skill, having bigger Lawyers. In the past, his father's money, has allowed him to out-spend "smaller" people when he sues them and so win. So he makes a calculation, 'is my lawyer spend less than the loss?' OK, proceed....

In this matter, he think's that he has the resources of the Government's lawyers behind him.

His miscalculation here,  is that he thinks, that A/. NYT won't have a war chest for this,  and B/. that the government folk,  won't get sick of all this and serve him up like a reject cheeseburger. 

It's Alabama after all. I personally believe there should be very little obstacles to voting. I would let anyone vote who was not presently incarcerated on a felony. I'd let prisoners on a traffic ticket that went to warrant or in jail for non payment of child support, as examples of things states jail people over, I'd let them vote. 

Also, I think anyone who save a few cases, who has completed their parole should be able to vote. Post parole is for people who have paid their debt to society. Your full rights are to be given back. I could be persuaded to exclude child molesters, domestic terrorists where you are/were actively trying to overthrow or disrupt the government. But overall, there should be very little barriers to voting. And for states that insist on voter ID laws, they must also make sure all voters have an ID. Meaning, they should make it extremely easy and even have ID centers at voting booths. 

Voting is the only real legal check on a bad government. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-blocked-man-voting-because-110046147.html

Alabama blocked a man from voting because he owed $4

That Stock market has been dropping like a rock. If the stock market continues to be unstable and the coronovirus fears continue into the summer, Trump is going to be in serious trouble. A lot of people's retirement in their 401(k) will lose a lot of value, they will remember that in the voting booth. I have to think even Trump's most ardent supporters gotta think he's doing too much to hurt his own chances possibly.