Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

5 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Which is unfortunately true

Deservedly true. It's a reflection on the people. Although technically the majority wanted Hillary, still, enough voted for Trump knowing what he is, is still the issue. And 3 years later still a large number supporting him. 

4 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Meanwhile the markets are skittish. I don't think we'll end the year higher than we started which won't bode well for Trump who foolishly married himself to the performance of the stock market among other things. 

I trade quite a bit myself.  With interest rates so low it only makes good sense. 

I don't read the media meant for the bams.  No I go to the trade journals they pass around themselves.  Extremely dry, and written in a species of dialect, but not too hard to decode - they could use a better code, but there are so many incompetent fools - well you have to work with what you're given.  Let me translate this for you.  Everyone is expecting a crash.  Their advise to each other is make as much as you can while the going is good, but be savvy enough to pull out when it starts to slide.  I mean this is published in journals not hard to find - but I guess not many people look. 

55 minutes ago, panadolsandwich said:

I trade quite a bit myself.  With interest rates so low it only makes good sense. 

I don't read the media meant for the bams.  No I go to the trade journals they pass around themselves.  Extremely dry, and written in a species of dialect, but not too hard to decode - they could use a better code, but there are so many incompetent fools - well you have to work with what you're given.  Let me translate this for you.  Everyone is expecting a crash.  Their advise to each other is make as much as you can while the going is good, but be savvy enough to pull out when it starts to slide.  I mean this is published in journals not hard to find - but I guess not many people look. 

Steve has been saying this for some time, based on intelligent analysis.

I've been agreeing, because I think everything Trump touches turns to shit.

Cav will tell you that the whole shebang, is the bestest thing ever in the history of bestest things... 

3 hours ago, panadolsandwich said:

You are right about the 'experts'. I'm not looking to be entertained, just accuracy. I'm not too optimistic on the dollar long term. I've gotten my toe wet in US Dollar/Singapore dollar swaps.This market may have run out of steam in the intermediate term. Do you think we will hit the old highs again? It's an election year, so I think it will depend on if they think Trump will win. Trump is good for the markets not because he has sound fiscal policy but he will let the banks and companies do whatever they want and that freedom will give them optimism  to buy back their own shares as they have done to keep their wage / compensation packages tied to the company stock price to remain high. 

Gold may hit 1800 years end and I can certainly see 1700 by the summer if things stay the way they are. 

48 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

I've gotten my toe wet in US Dollar/Singapore dollar swaps.This market may have run out of steam in the intermediate term. Do you think we will hit the old highs again?

It will, unless something happens to dethrone the US as the biggest economy in the world.   I mean I haven't particularly examined that scenario, it's been too risky this last year with Trump mouthing off and the interest rate differential - just seems too much of a risk to me.  Sure use some play money to toy with it - but be aware the real players know a hell of a lot more than you do. 

Interesting you mention gold.  And here I'll ask you a question - what happened between say years 2000 to 2010?  Of course I have my own ideas, but I'm always interested in another perspective.

Image result for gold price history chart

No economy lasts forever. None. The US signed its own death warrant taking itself off the gold standard in the early 70s. The US debt is sky high, can never be repaid. China and Russia are working to replace the dollar as the reserve currency. China will pass the US in GDP by the end of the decade its said. This is China's century. 

And yes, they are very susceptible and likely to have a massive recession, but if it does so will the US and the rest of the world. The difference is they know that and are preparing internally to recover. America isn't. America has no plan on how to cope with a massive recession other than more of the same as before and one of the biggest weapons is now obsolete (interest rate cuts). 

4 hours ago, panadolsandwich said:

what happened between say years 2000 to 2010?  Of course I have my own ideas, but I'm always interested in another perspective.

Answer: I bought gold.

I have a maxim, if I wanted to bring the price of oil down, I'd invest in it.

As it happens, I bought a bunch of gold in 2009/10 and as I had always planned to, divested myself of it, in 2014, as you can see, the "Gods of - don't let Coss make a buck", have been attentive.

And alternatively, every relationship I've ever had, with a conventional Banking Institution, has always  been very profitable, for the Banks.