Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

9 minutes ago, Flashermac said:

Have they started writing his obituary yet?

It's already been written.  Convicted rapist and disgraced movie mogul, dies in his cell after guards fall asleep and CCTV cameras become dysfunctional.  It's believed it was owing to autoerotic asphyxiation, the coroner believed. When asked whether the victim might have been garrotted, he replied well, hmmm, no. . .

A California woman cared for her 'perfect' succulent plant for two years. Then she found out it was fake.

Caelie Wilkes was proud she had successfully cared for her succulent for about two years — after all, she had accidentally killed a similar plant in the past.

This time, after getting the plant as a gift, she looked up how to properly care for it. She regularly watered the succulent; when others tried to help, she became protective, fearing they would overwater it.

It seemed to pay off; the plant always looked amazing. Rejuvenated by the success of her first plant, Wilkes — a mother of two from Willits, California, northwest of Sacramento — started accumulating more. 

In late February, she decided it was time to repot it, and that's when she made the discovery that has led to international attention: The plant, her original plant, was plastic.

There were no roots below the surface — only Styrofoam.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-woman-cared-her-perfect-021732550.html

:yay:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flashermac said:

A California woman cared for her 'perfect' succulent plant for two years. Then she found out it was fake.

Caelie Wilkes was proud she had successfully cared for her succulent for about two years — after all, she had accidentally killed a similar plant in the past.

This time, after getting the plant as a gift, she looked up how to properly care for it. She regularly watered the succulent; when others tried to help, she became protective, fearing they would overwater it.

It seemed to pay off; the plant always looked amazing. Rejuvenated by the success of her first plant, Wilkes — a mother of two from Willits, California, northwest of Sacramento — started accumulating more. 

In late February, she decided it was time to repot it, and that's when she made the discovery that has led to international attention: The plant, her original plant, was plastic.

There were no roots below the surface — only Styrofoam.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-woman-cared-her-perfect-021732550.html

:yay:

I know this is a funny story, and glad to see the woman also laughed at it. 

You have to ask yourself, if she'd never found out would it have even mattered?  I mean it provided her with immense satisfaction, and gave her the momentum to actually become successful at growing them.  

There is the question of why she never noticed any growth over a two year period - quite odd.  To be fair they do grow slowly, especially in more colder climes.   

In a way it's a metaphor for modern life - fake tits, fake hair colours, fake coloured contact lenses.  Fake love bought with 2 thousand baht slipped into a purse.  The point is we don't really want to discover the reality of it - because that will spoil the illusion.  Well I imagine most people think like that.  Or I could be mistaken.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Harvey Weinstein moved to jail after having heart surgery

I wanna see the scar, if he'd got a non-custodial sentence, I reckon he would have made a massive miraculous recovery and be back down the girly bars, lickedy split.

This is the President of the United States of America :: phone interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity 

"Well, I think the 3.4 per cent is really a false number," Mr Trump said.

"This is just my hunch, but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this.

"Because a lot of people will have this, and it's very mild. They'll get better very rapidly.

"They don't even see a doctor, they don't even call a doctor. You never hear about those people. So you can't put them down in the category, the overall population, in terms of this coronaflu, or virus.

"So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around, and even going to work – some of them go to work – but they get better.

"And then when you do have a death, like you've had in the state of Washington, like you had one in California, I believe you had one in New York, all of a sudden it seems like 3 or 4 per cent, which is a very high number, as opposed to a fraction of 1 per cent.

"But again, they don't know about the easy cases, because the easy cases don't go to the hospital. They don't report to doctors or the hospital.

"So I think that number is very high. I think the number – personally, I would say the number is way under 1 per cent."

_____

The flu kills about 0.1 per cent of the people it infects.

This is not the Flu, this is Covid-19, a virus,  just as Trump and Any Clever person,  are both Homo Sapiens, but vastly different, in their effect on people.

"a blizzard of dangerous, irresponsible misinformation, all delivered within a span of just over two minutes,"

"dangerously irresponsible lie".