Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

5 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Is she a poor judge of character? Look at the full context. Did she know of his reputation at all? The Obamas are far removed from the Hollywood community. They know it only from donation time. The public had no idea of Weinstein. 

If she had no idea about him is how that a poor judge of character? Seriously. 

You are right of course.  It's a poor habit of mine to expect people to see what I do.  Think movie mogul, think casting couch?  Not to mention the fact it was a pretty open secret that he was sexually abusing women for favours. 

I was merely suggesting she'd been closeted from this (which is fair enough), and that she was credulous.  First lady, look as pretty as you can and say what you think people want you to say - pretty easy fucking job in my opinion.  Getting them to think for themselves?  That is actually nearly impossible.  Clearly someone told her the things to say, and she said them.  Doesn't make her such a horrible person - not very bright - yes.  

The picture only has meaning IF its known Michelle Obama knew of about the foul deeds he was doing or had done. Its pure right wing gaslighting to take eyes off the multiple rape allegations of Trump as well as his normal behavior which is foul. 

That's why I asked the question. You can only show poor judgment about someone if you know of their reputation and disregard it. One of my teachers from middle school. Beloved teacher. We all loved him, in fact he and I used to support different teams and used to call each other during rival games. Sounds improper now but he and another teacher were that close with the students. They played basketball and football with us at recess time. The other teacher was his best friend, married and we are still good friends. This teacher other teacher was single. A few years ago he got arrested and convicted for trying to have sex with a female student. 

Did all of us show bad judgement? Totally shocker about it. When we were talking about it on social media, none of the female students he taught said nothing that hinted at it ever came up and in fact, how supportive he was of their career in a time (and I'm dating myself as an old fogey) where women didn't have careers more than nurses, teachers and clerks. 

3 minutes ago, panadolsandwich said:

You are right of course.  It's a poor habit of mine to expect people to see what I do.  Think movie mogul, think casting couch?  Not to mention the fact it was a pretty open secret that he was sexually abusing women for favours. 

I was merely suggesting she'd been closeted from this (which is fair enough), and that she was credulous.  First lady, look as pretty as you can and say what you think people want you to say - pretty easy fucking job in my opinion.  Getting them to think for themselves?  That is actually nearly impossible.  Clearly someone told her the things to say, and she said them.  Doesn't make her such a horrible person - not very bright - yes.  

Was it an open secret outside Hollywood? Even within Hollywood. I have lived in LA. Unless you are at a certain level, it was not well known. To get to the point where you are doing an audition to Weinstein privately, you have a CV already and are on the cusp of making it big. The average starlet has no idea. I have heard the interviews from well known actresses who said they were shocked when pressured. These things are set up by agents. Agents will tell you "okay, this person is like this or that" so you can be successful. They do tell you if a person is 'grabby' as my ex model best friend says. She has gone for shoots and been told, okay, this person likes to violate personal space. The last thing an agent wants is for you to get blindsided. It reflects badly on him being able to get someone else in front of the decision maker. 

While I totally agree the 'casting couch' is common enough its a cliche. outright rape isn't. Weinstein has been accused of phsyically restraining women and raping them. Not that its right but the casting couch has already been factored into the American psyche as a cost of doing business sometimes in Hollywood and its not like the right wing doesn't have its Hollywood supporters whom they gladly accept as well (Clint Eastwood, Jon Voight). If it turns out the first lady said they were fine people and either of them it turns out later pressured women into sex and extorted selection of roles for sex to be 'bad judgement'. 

I hear what you are saying Panodol but the premise then is to reject all men in film and tv because the casting couch is so common, they are all probably / possibly guilty. 

Michelle Obama is too far removed from that world. She has never hobnobbed with them, that association was purely donation related and for people in attendance to cut a check..haha.. then go back to Washington. 

5 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

That's why I asked the question. You can only show poor judgment about someone if you know of their reputation and disregard it.

I'm sorry, will have to correct you there.  Poor judgement is made often *without* knowing - in fact that is the most likely scenario - you make a mistake by misjudging from too little evidence (or most likely too little curiosity/intelligence).  I'd also go so far to say is if you did disregard someone's reputation despite knowing about it that you are complicit with them. 

15 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

I hear what you are saying Panodol but the premise then is to reject all men in film and tv because the casting couch is so common, they are all probably / possibly guilty. 

Okay Steve, fully understand what you are saying.  If you haven't seen this clip of Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes yet, it's pretty damn funny, and a real dressing down of Hollywood.

No one fights tougher in an election than a motivated Republican. No one. No holds barred, anything to win. Approve of the methods or not you have to respect the tunnel vision, win at all costs mindset. 

However....

...Trump and his surrogates on Fox News who started out calling the Dems and left of the political center 'snowflakes', it turns out they are. They complain about Pelosi and Schumer, while controlling the Sentate, WH and Supreme Court. In essence, they are pussies. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-skip-st-patricks-day-180824528.html

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

No one fights tougher in an election than a motivated Republican. No one. No holds barred, anything to win. Approve of the methods or not you have to respect the tunnel vision, win at all costs mindset. 

I don't respect anything about them.  Ask yourself what motivates them.  🤑 Money. Oh and racism. 

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

Trump and his surrogates on Fox News who started out calling the Dems and left of the political center 'snowflakes', it turns out they are. They complain about Pelosi and Schumer, while controlling the Sentate, WH and Supreme Court. In essence, they are pussies. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-skip-st-patricks-day-180824528.html

One of Trump's traits is he hates women; can't stand them.  Pelosi expertly manipulates him knowing this.  Mind the sarcastic hand clap, or the tearing up of the speech.  He's actually scared of her. 

I mean what a puny excuse for a man.  He couldn't even attend a commemoration in France for U.S. soldiers and marines killed during World War One (after the enormous expense of flying his fat arse over there on air force one, and accommodating him)  - because he was worried about his hair.  Ever heard of an umbrella - oh no well Trump doesn't do umbrellas being too stupid to know how to use one. 

Personally I'm glad he didn't come to it - Muff said he was scared about going there because someone mentioned they might actually rise from their graves when he started talking.  Come on Muff, don't be so credulous.  Hmmm . . . .   does have a ring of truth to it though. . .

6 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

It comes as a great relief to read that president Donald has a fine tuned plan in his desk at the White House that will stop the Coronar virus in no time once it starts to hit the USA. Now it seems to be there. Open fire, Don.

He's got Pence on it.  A person responsible for a HIV epidemic in his own State because he wouldn't allow a needle exchange.  A man that doesn't believe in science.  Or even that the world is older than 6000 years, and thinks dinosaur fossils were put there to test his faith in God.  A man that calls his wife mother. 

Of course it was palmed off to Pence because Trump had already fucked it up, and Pence is a suitable fall guy - the person to take the blame when inevitably the shit hits the fan.