Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

An unsourced rumour has it that Trump was ready to blame the whole Covid-19 emergency, on the LGBTQ community, confusing HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and Homosexuals,  with Covid-19 (the Corona Virus) and Humans generally.

Unnamed officials have said that the Whitehouse, on heightened Trumpism alert, has managed to prevent Trump publicly espousing this idea.

One of the things I want to see a constitution amendment on is limitations to presidential pardons. There are parameters set in the constitution. In theory a President can pardon a person who was found guilty of helping him and it has happened. Bush pardoned everyone ahead of time who was in Iran Contra, he was the VP and sat in on some of those talks. 

Bill Clinton pardoned financial swindler Marc Rich. His ex wife gave a lot of money to his foundation,  campaign, etc. 

In theory if Biden wins, he could give his son a blanket pardon. Pardons have not been challenged legally so it would be new territory for the Supreme Court to address it. What I wouild like to do is make it where a pardon an be overturned but it would have be very difficult. In that way, it removes most of the politics. I'd like to see a pardon overturned if 3/4 of the House of Representatives and 2/3 of the Senate vote to overturn it. An opposition party would need super majorities for that to happen and its politically unlikely that the white house would have both parts of Congress in opposition control to that degree, so an overturn would almost always have to be bipartisan. So egregious his own party voted against him. 

I think that there should be no pardons, from your pile of turds, or any Royal, like we've got.

By the time a conviction works it's way through the justice system, of most modern countries, the perp is deserved, of the sentence, with very few exceptions. To pardon  the perp is just wrong.

I'd rather have one innocent man (even if it's me) take one for the team, than have all Trump's henchmen back on the street.

Here is a scenario, which I think is very, very plausible. A nightmare scenario to most, A 'thank the Gods' moment for our friend Cav probably. 

The virus will get worse before it gets better. Public gatherings of more than 50 people are now being banned in some places. The economy will get worse into a full blown recession if not depression. Trump's popularity plummets.  Trump eventually wants to postpone the election. He cites the virus obviously. Can't have these long lines of people passing the virus to each other. We don't have the infrastructure for any other means of voting. Democrats obviously fight back. But Trump has the Supreme Court who back him. He is a dictator..."legally". Indefinitely. The virus gets worse, not better in all likelihood. 

• Haha 2

“Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That’s what the bottom line is,” Trump told reporters March 6 during a visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

Moments later, Trump added that anybody who needs a test gets one.

“But as of right now and yesterday, anybody that needs a test — that’s the important thing — and the tests are all perfect, like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect, right? This was not as perfect as that, but pretty good,”

_____

Aaah no.

I don´t think that the US people have an idea about what is coming, like Jerman people did not realise the danger. Today they shut down the majority of shops, all pubs and even children´s playgrounds. Sooner or later it will be a closure of public life like in Italy. Many many small enterprises shall implode, the solution is just giving them non-refundable cash which is available here but what happens elsewhere?