Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Trump's 'Chinese' Virus Is a Racist Taunt from a Racist pile of orange shit.

---

Even as his Administration’s response to COVID-19 has evolved, one part of President Donald Trump’s reaction to coronavirus has remained consistent. More than a week after he prompted outcry by retweeting a supporter who called the novel coronavirus the “China virus,” photos from Trump’s Thursday press briefing about the virus showed that “corona” had been crossed out and replaced with “Chinese.” The President and his team have defended the use of that language—despite the World Health Organization making a point of not naming the disease after the place where the outbreak began, and despite advocates arguing that such terminology fuels the risk of hate crimes against people of Asian descent, who have already reported a surge in discrimination.  https://time.com/5807376/virus-name-foreign-history/

---

A photograph posted on social media in March 2020 shows an authentic image of U.S. President Donald Trump's speech notes with the word "Corona" scratched out and replaced in handwriting by "Chinese."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-chinese-virus-notes/

Getty-Close-up-of-President-Trumps-notes

Writing Very Big

or hands very small?

-----

I'm actually gonna back Trump on the China taunt thing. He is petty. And I would prefer if he didn't keep repeating it, once is enough, but its not uncommon to refer to the source of a disease. Ebola had a few strains. The Zaire strain was the most dangerous in terms of kill ratio. 

China wants to be excepted. It came from there. heck, Spain is still living down the "Spanish Flu". China tried its own fake news by supposing that the US Army created it. It's grossly wrong to do that. To politicize something like that in that way is beyond the pale. Trump should have called them on it once and move along. His pettiness about it went way too far. 

The Chinese community has enjoyed the 'model immigrant' label for about 60 years. Like other groups (Jews, Blacks Gays) they are hypersensitive of how they are portrayed in times such as these. I'll take you back to 911 and moslems being sensitive about things 

I think Trump was originally right to make the point and he said why. To keep going on is counter productive. We need global cooperation and he should have put aside the ongoing pettiness. But that's the type of person he is. 

Fellow Senators in the Capital Building gym are now very worried about catching the virus. They fit the group most vulnerable. The very fact they gym was open despite Washington DC closing all gyms exemplifies why these men think the way they do and do the things they do. 

I'm not sympathetic to any of them who caught it doing something the various governments have forced the rest of us to comply with. 

We may see the elderly retiring to the tropical zones in the future if this gets bad enough. The lack of cases compared to size of population, exposure to Chinese tourists, workers, as well as western people sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Philippines, Thailand, 2 countries with large numbers of western and Chinese tourists, sub saharan Africa with tens of thousands of Chinese workers have an incredible low number of deaths as well as infected given the size and exposure. 

The only reason I would deem okay to delay the vote is to see what things are snuck in with the legislation. The Patriot's Act was passed way too quickly without proper analysis. Literally no one read it. They passed it out of fear of being politically labeled for not signing it. 

I wouldn't put it past any person to add something nefarious onto the act. So unless it was that and not just some bullshit reason.