Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

34 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Fellow Senators in the Capital Building gym are now very worried about catching the virus. They fit the group most vulnerable. The very fact they gym was open despite Washington DC closing all gyms exemplifies why these men think the way they do and do the things they do. 

I'm not sympathetic to any of them who caught it doing something the various governments have forced the rest of us to comply with. 

Hear Hear, not even my bunch of arseholes...

16 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

We may see the elderly retiring to the tropical zones in the future if this gets bad enough. The lack of cases compared to size of population, exposure to Chinese tourists, workers, as well as western people sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Philippines, Thailand, 2 countries with large numbers of western and Chinese tourists, sub saharan Africa with tens of thousands of Chinese workers have an incredible low number of deaths as well as infected given the size and exposure. 

Those countries are NOT doing adequate testing. That is why their reported numbers are low. Singapore is at 455 cases. Brazil has 1593 cases. Florida has 830 cases.

Eugene Gu, MD @eugenegu Replying to @realDonaldTrump and@RandPaul

Trump needs to stop calling the coronavirus the “Chinese Virus.” It’s not like anybody calls the H1N1 swine flu pandemic the “American Pig Flu” just because it originated in factory farmed pigs in North America. We are all in this together as one nation and one people. Stop this.

Eugene Gu, MD @eugenegu

And as ironic as it is that Senator Rand Paul voted against the law that allowed for coronavirus testing for Americans yet somehow managed to get tested himself without having any symptoms, I wish him well as a fellow physician and hope he gets better soon.

Illinois Governor Tells Trump To 'Get Off Twitter & Do Your Job' Instead Of 'Throwing Tantrums' Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
https://www.newsweek.com/illinois-governor-tells-trump-get-off-twitter-do-your-job-instead-throwing-tantrums-amid-1493655

‘You wasted precious months when you could’ve taken action’ — governors slam Trump’s coronavirus response

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/illinois-governor-has-had-enough-of-president-trumps-twitter-tantrums-2020-03-22

_

On 3/13/2020 at 11:57 AM, buffalo_bill said:

Mr Cavanami, with all due respect I note these your very words as published on this Friday, March 13th at 11:55 AM  German time. we shall come back on this in say 10 days from now which then would be Monday the 23rd. Noted.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:32 AM, cavanami said:

The "news" media and Dems are stoking panic! Don't be dumbed down and sucked in!

Any further comment seems to be superfluous.

8 hours ago, baa99 said:

Those countries are NOT doing adequate testing. That is why their reported numbers are low. Singapore is at 455 cases. Brazil has 1593 cases. Florida has 830 cases.

You make an excellent point. However, in lieu of that. We still aren't seeing the expected level of hospitalized and dead given all the parameters I mentioned. Many if not most of us here go to Pattaya or even live there. Why aren't we seeing the level of hospitalized and dying that dictates a city that gets bus loads of Chinese, global visitors, etc.? 

Reported numbers not being accurate I totally agree with you. Why isn't Pattaya, Manila, Jakarta or Kuala Lumpur looking like Lombardy, Italy? Even remotely?

Africa even moreso with tens of thousands of Chinese workers coming and going. I'm guessing based on logic and reason, Africa should have numbers that should equal the rest of the world outside China combined. As well as the Nigerians and other Africans in Guangzhou / Shinzhen area. For those there, they are fairly young so I can see them being carriers but not getting sick. However, Africa has plenty of old, ill people with far less medical access than the elderly of Italy. 

So, while I agree there are likely more unreported in the aforementioned, the news out of these places should have had WHO and other organizations in the same mode they were when ebola hit. 

All of our friends in the USA, and elsewhere for that matter, this is definitely going to get worse, especially in countries without adequate responses.

Good luck all, I'll see you (hopefully) on the other side.

Trump is considering ending “social distancing” guidelines due to concerns about the economic damage from an extended shutdown. Easing guidelines would run counter to recommendations by senior U.S. health officials, who have warned that the U.S. has not yet felt the worst of the pandemic. “WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF,” Trump tweeted late Sunday. “AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!” The 15-day period ends on March 30. Administration officials said there is a growing sentiment that the White House went too far in allowing public health experts to set policy to “flatten the curve” that has hurt the economy. Pence, meanwhile, said the CDC will issue guidance allowing people exposed to the coronavirus to return to work sooner by wearing a mask. (Washington Post / New York Times / Axios / Politico / NBC News / Bloomberg / CNN / Wall Street Journal)

Once again, good luck all, I'll see you (hopefully) on the other side.

What happens when there's only 6 people left with all the money? Who's gonna teach them how to feed themselves ?

FFS  - Senator Kirsten Elizabeth Gillibrand talking on the TV,  about the covid-19 problem:

"We have a responsibility to make sure, we don't transmit the virus, anymore than it needs to be transmitted..."

My sister suggested I take a look at the USA airline stocks...WOW!!!

Some great buying opportunities!!!

American Air, now $10.25....usually about $30.00

United Airlines: now $26.23...usually about $89.00

...I'm sure the airlines will recover so $$$can be made!!!