Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The USA are now on the way to become a banana-state equal to the ones further South in America. I would propose to print a promotion for the Trump golfcourses on the back of the cheques which they send these days and not call them cheques any more but vouchers acceptable by all companies Trump.

And now he thinks about closing down the parliament. Not sure yet for what purpose but certainly to build another pile of Trump-invented dung. Can´t be anything else. 

I'll let objective historians and history books determine Obama's place. So far he's being remembered very well. He left office with a high approval rating. Higher than most of, if not all his contemporaries. I've said this a few times but his place in history as a good -President will be certain because he comes between Bush and Trump. Republicans won't even acknowledge Bush anymore. He's forged a life as the 'lovable, buffoonish grandfather figure'. He's already assured to be in the bottom 5 of all the Presidents. 

Try as they might, Trump will suffer a worse fate. He had an opportunity with the virus outbreak and all presidents get a bump in a national crisis if that crisis wasn't of their own doing. Trump's initial approval bump has been erased. I can't see how he can be remembered as anything but a bad president when he has never been able to have any sustainable rating above 50% in a so called booming economy. He will be loved by a small few and the rest of the people will laugh about him if not curse his name, depending on who you are. 

I've long said, I was very disappointed in Obama. I thought I was getting Franklin D. Roosevelt but we got a centrist who had policies that angered his base and demonized by his opposition. That being said, I'd place him 2nd at worst but I could make an argument for him being the best President of the modern era and by modern I'm talking from the 1960s to present. Granted the competition is weak. ;)

I'd genuinely love to hear who was better overall. Domestic and foreign policies, achievements, failure in all its proper context. 

50 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

The USA are now on the way to become a banana-state equal to the ones further South in America. I would propose to print a promotion for the Trump golfcourses on the back of the cheques which they send these days and not call them cheques any more but vouchers acceptable by all companies Trump.

And now he thinks about closing down the parliament. Not sure yet for what purpose but certainly to build another pile of Trump-invented dung. Can´t be anything else. 

I've long held the opinion (based on people I've read) that we are witnessing the last stages of empires in America. There are common denominators in nations that ruled its era from rise to decline. America has gone through those stages almost to the letter. 

And I've long said, this is China's century. 

I'm also genuinely interested in reasons why or why not both those statements may not be true. I don't profess to know for certain. Only repeating what makes logical sense from what I've read so far. 

For me, a recent proof that America is in permanent decline is that the powers that be saw the pandemic as a way to rob and steal for themselves and friends than trying to address the true needs of the people. The trillions committed in Congress have gone in part to bailout the very companies and 1% who have caused the crash in 2008 and have continued to screw the country. 

The government is without redemption. Too far gone when you can't take care of the people properly in its hour of need. 

"It would be the first time a president’s name appears on an IRS check, annual refund check or other stimulus check distributed by the government. Neither Barack Obama nor George W. Bush put their names on stimulus checks that were mailed to Americans when they were president."

Because neither of them is a swine like Trump. And if you think it can´t get worse just wait for next time.

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

And if you think it can´t get worse just wait for next time.

Bubi, with the greatest of respect, I think that the word "time" in the above quote, should be replaced with "week", or "day", or "hour", or ....

27 minutes ago, passingthru69 said:

Heck I can't even find info on my check status. The website is so f'ed up

Mainly due to the fact I end up paying into each year. No refund.

I hope that, because you are not part of the Trump inner circle, that they do not, find a way of making you re-pay your non-received cheque.

8 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

You might have seen this photo somewhere already, showing US citizens protesting gainst the Corona-restrictions. Unit speaks for itself, any further comment is superfluous.

Bild auf Twitter anzeigen

Except to say it's a bummer when doors open outwards.

If you look in the reflection, of the dark part of the doors, you can clearly see, at least two gentlemen, obviously democrats and possessors of brains, who earlier had divined that the doors open outwards and had entered by pulling the doors in the outwards direction..

It is well known that in zombie apocalypses, zombies cannot enter door that open outwards.