Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

Okay, you have no idea. That's your answer. That's all I asked for. You were the one said Biden isn't a viable candidate. There are multiple on a ballot. So, according to you by omission of any other candidates, the ONLY candidate you can think of that isn't viable is Biden. 

That's your answer and i will respect that.  hehehehe

My comment has been for the Dems, after 3+ years and they have yet to come up with a viable candidate. Biden is hardly a viable candidate. Getting close to 80 y.o. and he is NOT a young 80 y.o. He is suffering and once again, the Dems need a viable candidate, there must be some state governor or senator that can be put forwarded as a viable candidate. It's just common sense that there are better candidates out there.

3++ years and waiting...

Viable against who is the real question. The presumption is that he is not viable against Trump. There is a HUGE difference between not a good candidate and not a viable candidate. The fact that Biden will get the most votes pretty much removes the term 'viable'. Someone who can not muster an approval rating about 50% in 3 years and will not get the most votes would by definition be 'less viable' than BIden....lol. 

The outdated and antiquated electoral college is another matter. In any sane, fair country the person with the most votes wins. So, we are in an 'alternative' universe election. 

quick approximations - USA has ~ 1⁄4 to 1⁄3 of the world's total virus deaths, New York has ~ 1⁄3 of the USA total virus deaths , why doesn't Trump fuck off back to New York? Too popular? streets would be clogged with parades? Economic impact would be so great and good that no one would have ever seen it, who would  believe it?

I was listening to a program that the defense department that has an intelligence arm that rivals the CIA started hearing Chinese intercepts, satellite photos of movements of personnel and intel on the ground that the virus was getting out of control. 

The administration knew from at least early December. The problem this person says is that the info doesn't get filtered up and reported with the severity it deserves because Trump has placed people in charge of various agencies etc, not based on their ability but purely on loyalty. Its why you have someone like a neurosurgeon in charge of housing. And his family in charge directly or indirectly in charge of vital areas. 

If some how Trump wins re-election, I think may eventually usher in a long Democratic party rule. Not that I wish this, because not just myself but friends, family will be massively affected but its almost a certainty with Trump in charge by '24 the country will be in massive economic turmoil. In last 30 years, Dems got 8 years out of that (Bush's '90 recession got Clinton 8 years and Dubya's  '2008 recession got Obama elected twice). 

I think it usher in 12 years or more of Democratic rule similar to 1932. Previously Republicans had 12 years of control from 1918 to 1932. The depression was so massive it ushered in 20 years of Democratic control from 1932 to 1952. I think the current situation has the potential to do something similar. 

Haha..much worse Coss. This is the beginning. There will be a point when even the Trumpers lose hope. That's what happened in 2008. People don't talk about the Republicans who held their nose and voted for Obama. The polls before the crash and the polls after are starkly different. Moderate Republicans were losing their jobs and homes. 

Same in 1932. 12 years of Republican rule, FDR wins massively. Down and out Republicans vote Dem. Blacks voted Republican prior to 1932 as well. As an aside, the Republicans state that without the context. It had ZERO to do with Republican ideology and 100 percent to do with Lincoln being a Republican and ending slavery 

Anyway, if Trump wins he will fuck up any kind of recovery by printing more money out of thin air as he's doing now. The S&P went from 3400 down to 2200 and is back up to 2900 based purely on the government artificially propping it up by providing trillions to companies to buy their own stock and the Fed Reserve doing quantitative easing . They won't be able to continue that. The market will fall lower than 2200 eventually and that eventually will be well before 1924. 

My guess on who will win the Dem nomination and win in a landslide early on if nothing scandalous happens is NY governor Andrew Cuomo. The people are listening to a governor in the same way they would a president. Non NYers tune into his live talks. 

Faaaarrrk!

4000.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Armed protestors in Michigan - 

Hundreds of protesters, some armed, gathered inside Michigan’s state capitol on Thursday as state lawmakers debated the Democratic governor’s request to extend her emergency powers to combat coronavirus.

A tightly packed crowd of protesters, some carrying rifles, attempted to enter the floor of the legislative chamber, and were held back by a line of state police and capitol staff, according to video footage posted by local journalists.

3500.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Google Lever

Just to compare and contrast, were I a black or latino or better yet, Arab group (Michigan has the most moslems and arabs of any state), I'd consult a lawyer first, find out the law and act as similar as possible as these guys within the law and any mistreatment legally, I'd sue the hell out of the state. ;)