Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Trump rails at 'loser types' as dissident Republican ad gets under his skin

TV spot called Mourning in America was made by group backed by George Conway, husband of White House aide Kellyanne Conway

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/05/donald-trump-coronavirus-ad-george-conway-twitter

They’re all LOSERS’: Trump lashes out 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/05/trump-george-conway-conservative-critics-new-coronavirus-ad-236461

here y'go

On Monday, the Lincoln Project released an ad entitled "Mourning in America" -- playing off the famed "Morning in America" ad by President Ronald Reagan in 1984.

"Under the leadership of Donald Trump our country is weaker and sicker and poorer," says the ad's narrator. "If we have another four years like this, will there even be an America?"

Its message is dark, foreboding and harsh. And it's very likely that almost no one would have even seen that message had it not been for Donald Trump.

"A group of RINO Republicans who failed badly 12 years ago, then again 8 years ago, and then got BADLY beaten by me, a political first timer, 4 years ago, have copied (no imagination) the concept of an ad from Ronald Reagan, 'Morning in America', doing everything possible to get even for all of their many failures. You see, these loser types don't care about 252 new Federal Judges, 2 great Supreme Court Justices, a rebuilt military, a protected 2nd Amendment, biggest EVER Tax & Regulation cuts, and much more. I didn't use any of them because they don't know how to win, and their so-called Lincoln Project is a disgrace to Honest Abe. I don't know what Kellyanne did to her deranged loser of a husband, Moonface, but it must have been really bad. John Weaver lost big for Kasich (to me). Crazed Rick Wilson lost for Evan 'McMuffin' McMullin (to me). Steve Schmidt & Reed Galvin lost for John McCain, Romney's campaign manager (?) lost big to 'O,' & Jennifer Horn got thrown out of the New Hampshire Republican Party. They're all LOSERS, but Abe Lincoln, Republican, is all smiles!"

So, yeah. But he wasn't done! Before leaving for Arizona on Tuesday morning, Trump again addressed the ad and the group, saying (in part):

"I saw a Project, the thing called the Lincoln Project, and I would have them change their name to the 'Losers Project.' Because if you take a look -- it's (Steve) Schmidt, it's George Conway -- the guy, Kellyanne must've done a big number on him, but it's George Conway and some other people, (John) Weaver, every one of them, I either defeated or they lost by themselves. But it's a group of major losers. They're Republican losers. ... So they should not call it the Lincoln Project, it's not fair to Abraham Lincoln, a great president. They should call it the Losers Project."

So what is your suggestion? With two decidedly uninspiring candidates for the highest office in the USA, should we pretend that they are competent?  I'm old enough to remember a time when we had a choice between equally competent candidates. Nowadays it seems we have a choice between men who would never have even been considered for the office a few decades ago, one of whom actually appears to be senile.

I totally agree there is Dem hypocrisy regarding Biden and Kavanaugh as well as even Trump with regards to sexual harassment and misconduct. The same way the NOW (National Organization for Women) still supported Bill Clinton but screamed bloody murder about the alleged misconduct of Justice Thomas. 

Both parties have done so, such as Republicans backing a known pedophile in Alabama (which is by far the worse of any matter save rape by a candidate). 

I am not a fan of Biden. Never was. That said, it boggles the mind to equate Biden's alleged acts and his habit of showing lapses to the opposition. Are we really equating the two candidates as if both are so equally bad we might have to flip a coin to decide? 

In hindsight, would Hillary have been a worse President? A case can be made with not too much light between Obama and either Romney or McCain but for a few issues. But really. Are we really saying Biden is close enough to Trump that there is a wringing of hands and gnawing of teeth decision? Biden has the real potential to suck as President. But to consider an additional 4 years of this? Especially having to deal with a full blown recession and probably second wave of the virus? A man who has bankrupted a real estate empire he inherited while his contemporaries in the same business didn't? I'm missing something obviously. 

• Thanks 1

Gentlemen , an estimated century ago I have been studying law and our professor for public law used to say: Before you start complaining about politicians be aware they are meat of our meat.  In other words: you get what you deserve. What the currently available top US candidates just show is the status of the US society. The way to find those candidates could not be more democratic but it did not result in anything better. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Flashermac said:

So what is your suggestion? With two decidedly uninspiring candidates for the highest office in the USA, should we pretend that they are competent?  I'm old enough to remember a time when we had a choice between equally competent candidates. Nowadays it seems we have a choice between men who would never have even been considered for the office a few decades ago, one of whom actually appears to be senile.

I don't wish to give an alternative to a piece of shit.

if cav and others want to continue to promote a piece of shit, it is not incumbent on me, to provide an alternative, just because I say, 'look, piece of shit'.

One thing this administration has done is its made it much, much easier for a Democrat or independent to vote for a 'traditional' Republican. McCain and Romney must seem like a marxist to many liberals. In the long run this may be a plus for the Republican party in some respects. There are Republicans who having to admit they voted for Bush. The elder Bush is possibly the last Republican people may...may with some pride they voted for Reagan for sure.  You will have to pull teeth for someone say they voted for Bush in 2004....2000 you can claim you didn't know. That's my claim 

If things go further off the rails, the only Trump supporters who will be proud of it, I'm guessing are the far right. Support for him if proven, will also be a social litmus test I'm guessing. I am fairly certain current Republicans will be rewriting their support history if things go off the rails and they have to run for office in certain areas. 

16 hours ago, zzzz said:

Pick the lesser of two evils.  But that may not be easy.  During the last election, both Clinton and Trump looked equally bad to me.

Good point, if I was presented with a choice between two dogs, both horrible in their own ways, one clearly no good at being a dog and the other so unlikeable, that morons would choose, the incompetent dog...

I'd choose - no dog