Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

23 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

The premise that someone can't comment about Trump's taxes until they disclose theirs is some far flung talking point from somewhere.

Very well. Hereby I, BuBi from Germany, offer to publish my 2018 (last one available) tax return on this fine board if Donald Trump does the same. Donald should have no fear , both we are not without failure.

Fuck Trump

Here's something, I'd be very worried about,  if I were in charge 

------

Three New York children die from illness linked to coronavirus

... Experts believe three New York children died after contracting a rare illness linked to Covid-19.

The children died from toxic shock inflammation, which triggered heart problems and swollen blood vessels.

In New York alone, at least 73 children have been diagnosed with the symptoms, which are similar to Kawasaki disease - a rare inflammatory condition.

Symptoms include fever and rash, as well as bloodshot eyes, irritation and inflammation of the mouth, lips and throat.

... While there is no definitive proof the syndrome was caused by Covid-19, all tested positive for the virus or the virus' antibodies, despite not showing respiratory symptoms linked with the coronavirus.

Cases have also been reported in six other US cities, including Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Seattle.

“We're all still waiting for the smoking gun to be sure it is associated with Covid-19. It's certainly suspicious,” Audrey John, chief of paediatric infectious diseases at the Children's hospital of Philadelphia, told NBC News.

... Cuomo ~

“This is new. This is developing.”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300009272/three-new-york-children-die-from-illness-linked-to-coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/10/new-york-mystery-coronavirus-illness-three-children-die

https://time.com/5834737/new-york-children-die-syndrome-covid-19/

Even if it's not related to Covid-19, it's no longer rare, if it's popping up all over the place.

My point was that some people consider certain things personal and thus, not available for public view.

My comment had nothing to do with a person must publish xxxxxx personal info before you can see some other personal info.

You that read some tin foil hat theory into what I said....sit back. For me, I'll wait for SCOTUS to weigh in....

Supreme Court to hear arguments on Trump's tax return case

The Supreme Court justices will hear arguments Tuesday over whether President Trump's financial documents must be turned over to Congress and New York investigators. New York Law School professor and CBSN legal analyst Rebecca Roiphe joined CBSN to discuss what's at stake.

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

My point was that some people consider certain things personal and thus, not available for public view.

My comment had nothing to do with a person must publish xxxxxx personal info before you can see some other personal info.

You that read some tin foil hat theory into what I said....sit back. For me, I'll wait for SCOTUS to weigh in....

Of course there are some things that are private. Your medical records are but if you are sued for giving someone an STD or HIV then the court can order you to give up yours. 

Your school grades are private.  But if you want to go grad school you need to give up your undergrad transcript. 

We will see if the SC is a puppet court or as the GOP who put them there asked for, are 'strict constructionists'. There is plenty of precedence that this shouldn't even be an issue. The very fact that Congress got Nixon's makes this question laughable. The court even considering the matter makes them suspect. It is routine for the SC to tell lower courts they will not hear a case that is basically a waste of time. 

7 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Very well. Hereby I, BuBi from Germany, offer to publish my 2018 (last one available) tax return on this fine board if Donald Trump does the same. Donald should have no fear , both we are not without failure.

I didn't submit tax returns for ten years.  But the tax department always gets to you.  Their letters were becoming increasingly threatening - like seizing assets.  So I finally just buckled down and did all ten in one day, not even bothering to claim any form of return.  I was kind of startled when $120,000 was deposited in my account.  I'd actually paid too much tax.  I suppose that is kind of the polar opposite to say the Republican party. 

46 minutes ago, panadolsandwich said:

I didn't submit tax returns for ten years.  But the tax department always gets to you.  Their letters were becoming increasingly threatening - like seizing assets.  So I finally just buckled down and did all ten in one day, not even bothering to claim any form of return.  I was kind of startled when $120,000 was deposited in my account.  I'd actually paid too much tax.  I suppose that is kind of the polar opposite to say the Republican party. 

You are very fortunate. I have had friends that the IRS (USA) got court orders and took or is taking deductions from them. One friend on US Social Security, the IRS is taking deductions from his monthly Social Security.

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

We will see if the SC is a puppet court or as the GOP who put them there asked for, are 'strict constructionists'. There is plenty of precedence that this shouldn't even be an issue. The very fact that Congress got Nixon's makes this question laughable. The court even considering the matter makes them suspect. It is routine for the SC to tell lower courts they will not hear a case that is basically a waste of time. 

If this is such an important issue, the Dems control Congress, let the Dems enact a law to cover this. Don't bother that it would not make it thru the Senate because if you never try, you never know.

Looking at President Trump's tax return that I posted (above) showed nothing special.

Looking at returns from Obummer, I suspect his returns with BS deductions....