Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The current polls and sentiment is that Trump will lose. I don't think its foregone conclusion but likely. What kind of President will Biden be? Its likely he will be administrating a recession at best possible depression. 

My overall view is that America is fucked. Sanders would have beaten Trump easily in 2016 and this year. There is a lot of time between now and November. Things can and do change. Especially if there is going to be debates. Either one can self destruct. lol. 

Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May. It was formerly known as Decoration Day and commemorates all men and women who have died in military service for the United States. Many people visit cemeteries and memorials on Memorial Day and it is traditionally seen as the start of the summer season.

Some things to think about...

The average age of the men who landed on the five beaches in Operation Overlord was 20. Twenty years old. So next time you wonder if you can make it to classes in the middle of winter, or find your classes, or talk to a professor, remember this fact. The average D-Day age was 20.

Fact: Assuming KIAs accurately represented age groups serving in Vietnam, the average age of an infantryman (MOS 11B) serving in Vietnam to be 19 years old is a myth, it is actually 22. None of the enlisted grades have an average age of less than 20. The average man who fought in World War II was 26 years of age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

Looking at Trump´s really unbelievable weekend tweets I wonder what he will do in case of loosing the race. Call in the army, fire some nuclear missiles or beat Melania unconscious?

If or when he loses the election, It will be interesting see how Trump reacts and our good friend Cav. ;) 

If Trump wins, I actually won't be sussed about it. I won't like it but he may be governing a depression and that will be sadistically fun to watch despite the harm it will do millions of people. 

I'm looking at the polls and one thing that has shocked me is that Biden is leading  in Arizona. Arizona was/is a very red state. They have only had one Democratic senator in the last 50 years before their  current one and he was about 25 years ago. They are allowed 2 senators per Congress so that illustrates just how red they are. 

They have one current Democrat elected in 2018, which shows you the effect Trump has had. The current senatorial race shows the Democrat with a sizeable lead outside the margin of error, about 8 or 9 percent lead. 

What I have noticed about Republican masses is that they have very few ideological beliefs that are sacrosanct. Dems are a bit more of 'true believers' in what they believe. Not by much. The establishment is bought off as well but they push back a wee bit more on compromising their core tenets. 

Republicans are against anything the Dems are for. If a Republican is for it, they will be for it. I can provide actual cases. Nixon founded agencies and enacted laws that conservatives would have fought against were it a Democrat. 

The Environmental Protection Agency to fight pollution and promote conservation. Remember this was the early 70s. Companies were still dumping waste in rivers at this time. Big business were for Republicans. This never would have been supported by Republicans if a Dem had proposed it. Nixon provided Title IX, which sought to force universities to provide athletic teams to women. Completely anti Republican ideals at the time. Same with OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Act which provided national regulations on workplace safety. Big business was totally against it for obvious reasons, yet Republican masses didn't fight against it. It would have been fought hard against had a Dem president proposed it. Reagan got passed the Brady bill, for mandated background checks after Reagan press secretary Jim Brady was shot along with Reagan. Gun rights and access to firearms is as about as sacrosanct as you can get with the right wing and yet they supported this in 1984. It would have seen massive street demonstrations had a Democrat proposed it. Reagan had the biggest pardon of illegal immigrants ever. Let a Democrat try to do it, then or now. 

If Trump says he is going to propose Medicare for all, Trump voters would not protest against it. Guaranteed. If Trump said he was going green and saving the planet and that climate change is real, they would be for it. Why? It's about power. It's not about ideology. As long as its their guy and their party getting and retaining power, it supercedes ideology. 

To be fair, Democrats will violate their own beliefs as well, but they will have push back from their own. For example. when Obama pushed for TPP, which would provide a new trade agreement with countries in the Pacific as a counter to China's influence in Asia, Democrats in Congress were against it. They have a line. Republicans have one but we just haven't found it yet. 

There is a term I had no idea about but I've heard mentioned by friends. The term is 'Karen' and its a slang for white women over 35 or so. I didn't hear this term from black friends but white male friends in America. I have been living outside America for a decade now so have no idea what is going on in some segments of America. 

I have a former coworker from Louisiana who explained the term to me. He's a white, male Trump supporter and he like many American men who travel to Thailand and other locations refuse to date or marry American women. He only dates non white women in New Orleans. The term is national now. He said a lot of these women voted for Obama and Hillary but are the first ones to call the cops if a random black guy is walking down the street in their neighborhood. They could also be Republican as well but over all they have an entitled attitude. 

and this is the latest "Karen" video that has made the news. 

My understanding is that white women (and this only applies to white women, not Asian, Latino or Black women) hate the term. Despise and one of them tried to say on social media its the same as using the N word for blacks. That didn't go over well. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/karen-n-word-racism-white-women-julie-bindel-coronavirus-a9453201.html