Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

So you say that one cannot be at certain locations? cannot politely talk to people? We now must succumb to the rioters? Someone physically pushes you and you must succumb???

So someone that regularly does a youtube show cannot walk about in his home city of NY??? What laws did Jason break....NONE!!!

This is not the USA when only the rioters have rights and others have none!

Come on, CS...

You are trolling now Cav. the video speaks for itself. C'mon. Next. 

Here is a little secret non Americans. EVERYONE hates cops. The GOP and some politicians make this 'Brave men in Blue' verbiage is bullshit. Cops have been co opted by cities to be a revenue source because the cities are broke. For about 30 years now, all cities require the police department unofficially to write as many tickets as they can. How do I know? I went to a church in LA that had 3 cops and they said that when they started out they gave warnings for broken tail lights, etc. However, over time things changed. Your promotion is tied to number of tickets and arrests you have made as well as how you do on the exam. 

Two of the cops were patrolmen in LA and the 3rd worked in Inglewood. They said, the last thing they want to do is right a ticket for a tail light for a poor person in south Central going to work at a minimum wage job but that is the job. You have a partner and he wants that ticket. So, the public hates cops because all they do is look for a reason to take your money. And if you are 18 to 35, they look for a way to escalate a situation to get an arrest. I've had that happen to me. Right from the start they are confrontational, ask questions in a tone that is accusatory iin rapid fire to get your anger up. I know the game and i act as calmly as possible. It unnerves them. I've been asked a few times if I work in a law office. I say certain things that gives them pause. "what do you do?" With all due respect officer my place of employment or my employment status is not germane. That makes them very wary.

Anyway, everyone hates them. Cops aren't around to help, they are there to take. Yes, when called they help but typically on patrol they are looking for any opportunity to take your money or your freedom in an arrest. Every American has had a cop car trail them for blocks. They are looking for any small infraction to write a ticket. "You didn't signal 100 feet from the stop sign" as if you can judge exactly 100 feet. Cops have told me you can not fight that in traffic court at all. Impossible. What I do is when cops are trailing me looking for any excuse is I simply pull over. I signal and pull over. The cop has to either drive past or talk to me. They always ask why I pulled over. Well, officer, you are following me. So, I pulled over. Why did you do that. You are following me. Well if you are not doing anything wrong why did you pull over. With all due respect officer (my standard line), if I wasn't doing anything wrong I wouldn't be followed, would I? Okay, so now I'll know what the potential issue is. Well, you blah blah blah. I don't say anything and if he asks me I say I am not going to incriminate myself. Right now, your opinion, not mine is what is important right now. I can deny it and still be given a ticket. So, i'd rather not give it. Yes, cops hate my passive aggressiveness but it puts them on edge because they sense they are being set up. I'm the type of asshole who will get their business card, under protest mind you  "why do you need it" but by law they have to. And I will write a letter of complaint to the precinct captain, copy it to Internal Affairs and send it to the Chief of Police. Will it end up in the trash? Maybe, but the last thing a cop wants is a complaint in their file. When they go for promotion, public complaints are a huge factor. No one wants a Sergeant out on the streets supervising other officers if he is overly aggressive. They want a calming element. 

Anyway, as I said, cops are hated by the general public. Celebs, politicians, people of fame and influence are treated well by cops. LeBron James is speeding the cop is almost always going to let him off and get an autograph with a story for every one "I pulled over LeBron James once, great guy,..blah blah". Same cop stopping Steve, speeding, endangerment, etc. 

I say all this to say that the the animosity against the cop is across all strata of society in America. I've been to a couple dozen countries and cops overseas are great. I expected a bit of American style policing in London but they were fine. The Thai cops are fine. Okay, maybe because I'm a tourist and that means money but by and large they are okay other than the extortion once a month if you have a motorbike and there are road blocks...haha

With regards to the protests. We have to discount some of the rioting. There is ample proof, from me on here but there is plenty out there of the police themselves initiating riots as infiltrators to give the police a reason to arrest otherwise peaceful protesters who have not violated the law. The cops hated being taunted in freedom of speech and unable to arrest and harass. So, they start it from the inside. No one investigates this. They were in Ferguson, MIssouri, Baltimore, doing this. Instigating as undercover cops. And these days the 'very fine people" Trump likes have also been infiltrating these groups hoping to start some sort of "race war" they preach about in private forums. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/on-all-sides-fears-of-outside-agitators-in-floyd-protests-184606899.html

The American government, city, state and federal have given the police gestapo style powers. The law has been changed where a police officer can get away with straight out murder. They can shoot someone if they THINK their life is threatened. THINK. It's up to the officer to determine his own fear. It's impossible for lawyer to prosecute you if you say you felt threatened even if you aren't. You determine it. The court can't. You get stopped and the cop says the tone of your voice and 'stance' is threatening. They define that. Calm, cool and collective Steve can be said to be 'aggressive and threatening". 

And you know who hates the cops too? Not just the far left, that's a given. But the far right. The milltias. The white supremacist groups. They hate cops. Probably more than the far left does. They envision having to go to war 'with cops' when it all "hits the fan". The ONLY role Americans see for cops is to 'control' over groups. That's why the police are called if someone is using the condo pool instead of the condo itself. Its why someone in a department store will call the cops instead of the store security. They know the cops are assholes and hoping the cops will be assholes to the people they don't like. 

Finally, the reason why the government, city, state and federal is fine with the cops power is because they have fucked over Americans so much in all facets, that they need the cops as a physical buffer between them and the people. 

And the cops have broken that one line, the sacrosanct line about the press. And are given free reign via Trump calling them fake news. 

Back in the day, they had riots in Indianapolis, Indiana. RFK (Bobby Kennedy) was to go to Indianapolis to speak. This was after JFK was killed.

RFK had concerns as the rioters were beating and burning, big time! RFK was advised to go and to speak.

RFK went and spoke and not a hair on his head was ruffled. They loved him in Indianapolis.

So it depends who you are and what is your message. If only "they" didn't kill RFK...

I just saw a sheriff in Flint Michigan, with his police, take off his helmet and lay down the batons, issue a rousing little speech to the protestors and tell them that the police are there to help the protestors get their point across and turn this into a parade, and after lotsa high fiving with protestors, they all headed of down the street to continue the protest, with the police.

I'm also seeing a lot of folk 'taking the knee', Biden obviously, protestors obviously, and one shot of a squad of white police 'taking the knee'.

When the tide turns, eh Donnie?

Two things, you are deflecting. The president is encouraging the police to break the law and abuse citizens. He is or he isn't. It hasn't been denied so we'll take that as a yes, he is encouraging illegal behavior.  Second, the police get a lot of money and resources from the Federal government because the cities and states are broke. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Crime_Control_and_Law_Enforcement_Act

The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, .... provided for 100,000 new police officers, $9.7 billion in funding for prisons and $6.1 billion in funding for prevention programs, which were designed with significant input from experienced police officers.

That was the start. Various Federal agencies since 1994 have given millions in equipment and money to local police forces all over the country. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1033_program  1033 program.

In the United States, the 1033 Program transfers excess military equipment to civilian law enforcement agencies. The program legally requires the Department of Defense to make various items of equipment available to local law enforcement.[1]

As of 2014, 8,000 local law enforcement agencies participated in the program that has transferred $5.1 billion in military material from the Department of Defense to law enforcement agencies since 1997.[2] According to the Defense Logistics Agency, material worth $449 million was transferred in 2013 alone. Some of the most commonly requested items include ammunition, cold weather clothing, sand bags, medical supplies, sleeping bags, flashlights and electrical wiring. Small arms and vehicles such as aircraft, watercraft and armored vehicles have also been obtained.

Homeland Security provides a shit load of things as well 

https://www.dhs.gov/LEP-resources

12 hours ago, cavanami said:

CS

You neglect to mention that the police are controlled by the cities and states, not President Trump and the federal government. Just to clarify for our non-USA friends.

Cav once again demonstrates his complete lack of understanding.

In comparison, In NZ we have one police force, nation wide.

But that would not be a good thing, for Trump to get his hands on, in the states, you'd end up with Thailand's ménage à trois , Police/Military/Politicians

US President Donald Trump taken to underground bunker

protests outside White House:

US President Donald Trump was moved to the White House's underground bunker Friday night to shelter in place for a period of time as the protest grew outside the Executive Mansion, according to multiple outlets.

The protests over George Floyd's death hit the nation's capital Friday night as angry protesters arrived at Pennsylvania Avenue, leading to a lockdown at the White House.

Outside the White House on Friday (Saturday NZT), Secret Service could be seen after 7 pm taking at least one person into custody.

KarlLaugh.gif.5ebeb59afe225054fae5b9480309e491.gif

How that racism working out for you Donnie?

Tangent: The phrase "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" dates to 1967, 'Miami Police Chief Walter Headley' a famous racist, a racist's racist.

Could it be that Steven Miller and or Steve Bannon, are casually tossing racist phrases, into their conversations with Trump, knowing that he'll use them, because he's too dumb to think about what he's saying? And to dumb to know where common tropes are from?