Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

14 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Its interesting that some people are more outraged about the reaction than the act that triggered it. 

One problem is that the schools in the USA mostly do not teach Civics. Young people today do not understand the process to make changes in the USA, do not understand the
constitutional rights available to people...so they default to burning and looting.

Yes, people are outraged at the reactions and they rightly should be! Violent outbursts are the very last resort and never should be the first resort as we now see.

Supremacist groups have infiltrated law enforcement throughout the country, operating secretly are all throughout America. This has been increasing for years. There is a 2006 FBI report  https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement  on it. The report took months to compile. Bush didn't do a thing about it. Shockingly Obama didn't act on it. One of several issues I had with Obama. Trump probably likes what is going on. So we have 15 to 20 years of infiltration. Philadelphia cops, (330 cops) https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia/police-philadelphia-facebook-comments-racist-20190601.html one of the Dallas cops a sniper shot,    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/slain-dallas-cop-mightve_b_10953276?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAF_v5TB022tvy4-_8sL862qKa1uXJn-ieTm9DZsqpPNeAC41dvJ7rQJWQXPklde3Q988P4j4gHtPqGATg-x8nJUb2DRyq7LsTLxEy_bwj99VDWMVx8dNuKPLqPD2GZfw4H2rhLOdKOWosZPu9scewoAzqGhTeQ1YJi4rBbFZFCVF were all part of neo Nazi groups. The former head of the Grand Dragon of the Maryland KKK was a Baltimore cop. 

There are over 80,000 cops nationally in all departments and I heard a recent report that at least ten percent, 8,000 were part of these groups. 1 out of ever 10 cops. Think of the large urban police departments? 

Policing in America is broken. As I wrote before. It doesn't matter what face is at the top. The person who is chief is never, ever, ever a reformer. To make it up the ranks you have to not just look the other way but protect all cops from any act they do, even if improper. That's why you can have a black police chief and still have abuse. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-officer-assault-20200602-gxwdnzlwuzdtxmqt4gpy3eugmq-story.html  

As I stated before the police can't be touched because they provide millions of dollars to the city because their primary job is to impose a de facto tax via writing tickets for anything whatsoever and if the mayor tries to reform them they cut off the revenue via what is called a 'slowdown' where they stop writing tickets for mundane things and only address felony crime like murder, assaults, things of that nature. Here is what happens to a mayor who speaks publicly dressing down the police: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/tickets-drop-92-week-apparent-nypd-slowdwon-article-1.2066763 and to feed the prison industrial complex by arresting anyone and to escalate interactions where there is no crime so the person reacts aggressively and gets themselves arrested. Many of the prisons are privately run and contractually the city and state has to provide enough people for it or risk getting sued. https://rollingout.com/2013/09/26/what-private-prisons-suing-states-for-millions-if-they-dont-stay-full/

15 minutes ago, cavanami said:

One problem is that the schools in the USA mostly do not teach Civics. Young people today do not understand the process to make changes in the USA, do not understand the
constitutional rights available to people...so they default to burning and looting.

Yes, people are outraged at the reactions and they rightly should be! Violent outbursts are the very last resort and never should be the first resort as we now see.

Sorry Cav, I respectfully disagree with that. The system is rigged against all of us. Some groups realize it and some groups don't realize they are victims. Both parties are wholly controlled by people who have their own agenda and that agenda almost always is bad for the rest of us. 

Its not in the interest of companies to pay a good wage. They want the best labor at the cheapest price. If they could get software engineers for minimum wage they'd do it in a heart beat. Things we take as a no brainer today, such as dumping chemical waste in rivers, smoke stacks of factories sending tons of smoke into the air, even Republicans don't want that in their cities and towns. No child labor. Over time pay. Companies fought these regulations when it was legal to do all of it. Even Republicans see these things as wrong now. But if you allowed the companies open reign, do what you want, no legal consequences,  do you think with what they know, no company would go back to dumping chemicals and waste? Would not hire kids in factories? Someone would. 

So, they get as close as they can. They buy off both parties to get as much of that. Some will do the right thing but some will do what ever is economically feasible and damn the rest of us. 

The millennials are right. The older generation, as a collective, sold them out. Yes, we did. 

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

Much better to kneel on people's throats eh Cav?

The worst thing Trump can do is call the national guard. He is saying it to seem tough to his core supporters. No need to. They are all in. He calls in the national guard or whatever kind of force, he has handed the election to Biden on a platter. Young people will turn out in droves to vote against him, even in red states. 

Also, it will get ugly. If you think turning over cop cars and such is bad enough, try bringing in the jack boots. It will escalate. The national guard will quiet the streets but no one is going to shop with an armed solider on the corner. The economy will nose dive even more. 

Curiously enough the stock market has remained stable. Its obviously being propped up. It should be crashing with nationwide unrest. That tells you all you need to know about the system being rigged for the haves against the have nots. 

5 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

It would not surprise me if Donald's friends, the Russians were behind that one.

_____

CS you'll forgive me if I think that   "Also, it will get ugly. "   is here already.

I'm seeing coverage of  Police and Secret Service and Military looking troops, mistreating and shooting at (rubber bullets or pepper bullets) protestors.

Also, clearly identified, not protesting, Media,  -photographer blinded with a bullet, - lotspepper sprayed, some in hospital with wounds.

This Terrible.

-----

I just now watching as peaceful protesters were forcibly cleared from in front, of the White House and from the Lafayette Park, so Trump could do a 'theatre' walk to a nearby church and waffle on about how he is gonna take action, Big man Strong man,

I'm surprised he could walk that far, he'll be tired now, time for a sit down and a cheeseburger.