Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

4 hours ago, cavanami said:

CS

America doesn't need BAD ALLIES! Understand that?

Germany is a good ally? Start at the end of the Viet Nam war and work up to today and then comment if they are a good ally...

We have NO allies. Germany are a great ally. From the most progressive Congressperson to the most far right wing, Germany is universally accepted as a great ally and friend. You may not but the country doesn't agree with you. Your opinion is your own but no one (and I mean that as generally accepted opinion) agrees with you. 

Trump wants to label Antifa a terrorist group. What is his criteria? I have no problem with this if there is an accepted standard we can all agree with. 

Lets look at Antifa on one side and the KKK and neo Nazis (whats the difference anyway?) on the other. 

1. Which one has destroyed property? Antifa check...neo Nazis/KKK check

2. Which one has taken innocent lives. Meaning non combatants in their struggle  Antifa, none, neo Nazis/KKK check. 

Most of the Germans still wish to be good allies but under current circumstances people either laugh about the US or close their eyes in despair. We and the world pray for a change, as many Americans do I guess. Trump is the lowest level of a US Presidency one could imagine.

4 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Most of the Germans still wish to be good allies but under current circumstances people either laugh about the US or close their eyes in despair. We and the world pray for a change, as many Americans do I guess. Trump is the lowest level of a US Presidency one could imagine.

Were I to advise the German government, I'd suggest to wait out the current administration. The odds are they have will only have another 5 months before a 'regime change' .In a worse case scenario Trump wins, be patient for 4 years. Work with America on what you can, avoid and ignore otherwise. 

Merkel and Obama had a professional relationship from what I read. It wasn't touchy feely but it was effective. 

Not sure what Cav is going on about Germany being bad allies, but it certainly does not reflect the average America's view. Not at all. Both parties. I've never heard a conservative or Republican trash Germany. 

That advice is the same for Britain as well. Wait Trump out. If he picks on you, ignore, don't engage. If domestically they want a respond find the right words. I've had to work with people like Trump. I've had bosses like Trump. One guy, complete asshole who took over when my former boss and mentor left the company, was similar. He would blame me for things that were obviously not my fault even if proven so, so I didn't fight him, I just waited him out because he made mistakes and eventually he got fired. It took months but it happened. The same thing with Trump, wait him out and let him continue cutting his own throat as he has been doing. The country can only take so much drama. Its tiring and the mood is the people are tired of it. His hard core supporters love it but deep down they are worried. Very, very worried he won't win the fall and are hoping for a last second win. If or when he loses, they will blame everything and everyone: the deep state, Obama, Hillary, the liberals, the fake news, all of the above. And the rest of us won't  care because their relevance will be gone with Trump. They will spend their time accusing Biden of things Trump was doing. Its Biden that needs to ignore that if he is smart about things. 

The senate will be gone I think. Its not looking good. The House of Representatives will definitely stay Democrat. The new senate will probably replace 2 supreme court justices. 

2 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Am I the only one who is angry at himself for debating the obvious? lol. 

I think, that with one exception, we've all been very prescient here, we all saw what was coming and backed up our foresight with logic and evidence and analysis.

What takes me by surprise still,  is how Donald won in the first place, I guess you can never underestimate the unattractiveness  of a deeply disliked female.

Elephant in the room, nope elephants are too clever, transpose the GOP logo to a walrus.

apologies for the utube but it's not left or right Spam,  is Coss' serious opinion :)