Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Coss, at the risk of turning this thread into the NZ thread, how big is it of an issue that young people are leaving the country? Or its not true. I was told this years ago by a Kiwi backpacker couple in their gap year. Or they leave to see what the world is like and come back? 

Not much can be done about the cost of living. Its not a big country and does not have a lot of resources of its own. So understandable. I've seen NZ mentioned in the list of countries facing issues due to low birthrate. How much of an issue is that? 

I read an article years ago of decent amounts of money to come to rural NZ and do farm work or other types of semi skilled or unskilled labor and I won't lie that I seriously considered it just to visit the country. ;) Although I think I'd be terrible at it. I'm the softy office type. A day or two of hard labor will have me on the phone to mum. 

And how would you address unemployment? How is being addressed now? I'm trying to think of industries or business niches NZ could emphasize to alleviate the issue. 

6 hours ago, Coss said:

Pompeo to meet with Chinese delegation this week in Hawaii

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/pompeo-to-meet-with-chinese-delegation-this-week-in-hawaii-sources/ar-BB15wxQI

(Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is planning to meet a Chinese delegation at a U.S. military base in Hawaii this week to discuss bilateral ties that have soured deeply since the start of the year, sources familiar with the matter said...

The cynic in me thinks: 

Pompeo: "Orange Man gone in November, wot about if we work together, then I can be Boss Man?"

China: "Good plan, open markets, lose tariffs, give I.P."

Every 4-8 years we have a different strategy. There used to be some very monolithic foreign policies, good or bad. The USSR and Cuba are bad. Our fellow western countries are good. That's pretty much it .The rest we determined what to think based on if we could make any money off them. 

34 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Coss, at the risk of turning this thread into the NZ thread, how big is it of an issue that young people are leaving the country? Or its not true. I was told this years ago by a Kiwi backpacker couple in their gap year. Or they leave to see what the world is like and come back? 

Not much can be done about the cost of living. Its not a big country and does not have a lot of resources of its own. So understandable. I've seen NZ mentioned in the list of countries facing issues due to low birthrate. How much of an issue is that? 

I read an article years ago of decent amounts of money to come to rural NZ and do farm work or other types of semi skilled or unskilled labor and I won't lie that I seriously considered it just to visit the country. ;) Although I think I'd be terrible at it. I'm the softy office type. A day or two of hard labor will have me on the phone to mum. 

And how would you address unemployment? How is being addressed now? I'm trying to think of industries or business niches NZ could emphasize to alleviate the issue. 

We do have a New Zealand thread that you can put posts like this in...

Gentlemen,

from another brilliant analysis you could learn several weeks ago that I am of the opinion that the President Donald is basically exhausted. My observation has been confirmed by his surreal behaviour during an event at West Point Military Circus. He could not even drink a glass of water properly and later stumbled down a ramp that he explained was slippery. Similar behaviour can be observed on this side of the Atlantic Ocean at Chancellor Merkel who starts trembling like a trembling machine when listening to a piece of music in public. Greeting heads of state for example. Although the President might not be a lighthouse of hard work there is still the effect of permanent mental stress which comes with this job. In particular as he must realise his ship is taking water and about to capsize.

I believe he would prefer winning the election to prove the world that he is the greatest person ever alive and afterwards step down presenting a piece of paper from his doctor which tells him to resign due to something. Thus causing convulsive laughter round the world looking at President Pence the holy man to succeed.

Looking at a string of Presidential rallies in preparation I recommend him to yell at the crowd he helped to strengthen the greatest pandemic EVER and Obama did not even do a small one. Well, he did, but they caused far less casualties than mine, only 2 in North Dakota. Loser.

Edited by buffalo_bill
Blue added after received helpful enlightenment from cavavanami

Bubi,

As usual you do not know what you are talking about...try to keep up! You might to watch your own country...(https://www.jihadwatch.org/2020/06/germany-muslims-declare-a-sharia-zone-and-forbid-all-unbelievers-to-enter-threaten-to-kill-infidels-and-cops) which I will post in the Germany thread,

SWINE FLU 

It is true that the H1N1 (swine flu) pandemic, which occurred between 2009 and 2010, coincided with Obama’s presidency (here).  

It is incorrect to say that nothing was consequently canceled, or that the stock market was “smooth sailing” while this pandemic unfolded. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), “when novel influenza H1N1 emerged suddenly in 2009, it was not surprising that over 726 K-12 schools in the United States closed” (here). On May 2, 2009, President Obama in his weekly address to the nation reminded Americans of the CDC’s recommendation that “schools and childcare facilities with confirmed cases of the virus close for up to fourteen days.”

ZIKA 

It is true that the 2015-2016 outbreak of Zika virus coincided with Obama’s presidency (here). In 2015, there were 62 symptomatic Zika virus disease cases reported in U.S. states and 10 reported in U.S. territories (here). In 2016, there were 5,168 symptomatic Zika virus disease cases reported in U.S. states and 36,512 reported in U.S. territories

Only swine flu (H1N1), Ebola and Zika happened during Barack Obama’s presidency, not SARS; schools did close due to the H1N1 pandemic of 2009-2010; there was some reported impact on the stock market during these outbreaks. The differing characteristics of the named outbreaks - including the numbers affected in the U.S. and the ease of transmission - do not allow for meaningful direct comparison with COVID-19.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-viruses-obama/partly-false-claim-ebola-sars-swine-flu-and-zika-outbreaks-happened-when-obama-was-in-office-nothing-was-canceled-suspended-and-stock-market-was-smooth-sailing-idUSKBN21B3K9

5 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Or they leave to see what the world is like and come back? 

Yep.

I've seen NZ mentioned in the list of countries facing issues due to low birthrate. How much of an issue is that? 

Why you want more? Immigration brings enough and all different flavours too :)

And how would you address unemployment?

we export a lot of stuff, non value added, like logs, should be milled first, same same whole sheep...

Value add to exports and do stuff like tech, see https://www.rocketlabusa.com   American money, but NZ rockets :)

Of course he did, 55555.....

US President Donald Trump asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to help him win the 2020 US election, telling Xi during a summit dinner last year that increased agricultural purchases by Beijing from American farmers would aid his electoral prospects, according to a damning new account of life inside the Trump administration by former US national security adviser John Bolton.

During a one-on-one meeting at the June 2019 Group of 20 summit in Japan, Xi complained to Trump about China critics in the United States. But Bolton writes in a book scheduled to be released next week that "Trump immediately assumed Xi meant the Democrats. Trump said approvingly that there was great hostility among the Democrats.

US President Donald Trump, and Xi Jinping, China's president, shaking hands during a news conference at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on November 9, 2017.

"He then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming US presidential election, alluding to China's economic capability to affect the ongoing campaigns, pleading with Xi to ensure he'd win," Bolton writes.

"He stressed the importance of farmers, and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome. I would print Trump's exact words but the government's prepublication review process has decided otherwise."

and so on.........

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/300037222/donald-trump-asked-chinas-president-for-reelection-help-according-to-security-adviser

And there's more ::

In one May 2019 phone call, for example, Russian President Vladimir Putin compared Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaidó to 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, part of what Bolton terms a "brilliant display of Soviet style propaganda" to shore up support for Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro.

Putin's claims, Bolton writes, "largely persuaded Trump."

In May 2018, Bolton says, Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan handed Trump a memo claiming innocence for a Turkish firm under investigation by the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York for violating Iranian sanctions.

"Trump then told Erdogan he would take care of things, explaining that the Southern District prosecutors were not his people, but were Obama people, a problem that would be fixed when they were replaced by his people," Bolton writes.

Bolton says he was so alarmed by Trump's determination to do favors for autocrats such as Erdogan and Xi that he scheduled a meeting with Attorney General William Barr in 2019 to discuss his behavior. Bolton writes that Barr agreed he also was worried about the appearances created by the president's behavior.

In his account, Bolton broadly confirms the outline of the impeachment case laid out by Democratic lawmakers and witnesses in House proceedings earlier this year, writing that Trump was fixated on a bogus claim that Ukraine tried to hurt him and was in thrall to unfounded conspiracy theories pushed by presidential lawyer Rudy Giuliani and others.

Bolton's commentary ranges from expressions of disgust with the president's actions to relief that his advisers were able to prevent catastrophe. During a NATO summit in the summer of 2018, Bolton recounts a moment when Trump had decided to inform US allies that the United States was going to withdraw from NATO if allies didn't substantially increase defense spending by January.

"We will walk out, and not defend those who have not [paid]," read a message Trump dictated to Bolton.

Bolton tried to stop Trump from delivering the threat, and became even more alarmed when Trump told him, "Do you want to do something historic?"

During one trade meeting, Trump grew irate when advisers begun discussing Japan and the alliance, and began railing about Pearl Harbor, Bolton writes.

Bolton's book is also filled with examples of Trump's closest advisers sharply criticizing the president behind his back, including Pompeo.

After Trump completed a phone call with South Korea's president ahead of the 2018 Singapore summit with North Korea, Pompeo and Bolton shared their disdain for the president's handling of the conversation, he writes.

Pompeo, having listened in on the call from the Middle East, told Bolton he was "having a cardiac arrest in Saudi Arabia."

Bolton shared his similar disappointment with the call, describing it as a "near death experience."

Bolton attributes a litany of shocking statements to the president. Trump said invading Venezuela would be "cool" and that the South American nation was "really part of the United States."

Bolton says Trump kept confusing the current and former presidents of Afghanistan, while asking Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to help him strike a deal with Iran. And Trump told Xi that Americans were clamoring for him to change the constitutional rules to serve more than two terms, according to the book.

He also describes a summer 2019 meeting in New Jersey where Trump says journalists should be jailed so they have to divulge their sources: "These people should be executed. They are scumbags," Trump said, according to Bolton's account.