Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

On 7/12/2020 at 10:24 AM, Coss said:

d.thumb.jpg.a7092007154b271e9dc780b4ad199e93.jpg

Gee, look at that! Trump wore a mask when he visited a veteran's hospital where there were coronavirus sufferers present. What a shocking thing to do.  :)

"I've never been against masks but I do believe they have a time and a place," he said as he left the White House.

On Saturday he said: "I think when you're in a hospital, especially in that particular setting, where you're talking to a lot of soldiers and people that, in some cases, just got off the operating tables, I think it's a great thing to wear a mask."    BBC news

• Thanks 1

Rename Brown University!

"The slave trade in particular was dominated by the northern maritime industry. Rhode Island alone was responsible for half of all U.S. slave voyages. James DeWolf and his family may have been the biggest slave traders  in U.S. history, but there were many others involved. For example, members of the Brown family of Providence, some of whom were prominent in the slave trade, gave substantial gifts to Rhode Island College, which was later renamed Brown University.

"The southern coastal states from Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia and Maryland were therefore home to the vast majority of enslaved persons. But there were slaves in each of the thirteen original colonies, and slavery was legal in the north for over two hundred years. While the northern states gradually began abolishing slavery by law starting in the 1780s, many northern states did not act against slavery until well into the 19th century, and their laws generally provided only for gradual abolition, allowing slave owners to keep their existing slaves and often their children. As a result, New Jersey, for instance, still had thousands of persons legally enslaved in the 1830s, and did not finally abolish slavery by law until 1846. As late as the outbreak of the Civil War, in fact, there were northern slaves listed on the federal census."

http://www.tracingcenter.org/resources/background/northern-involvement-in-the-slave-trade/