Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Before I go, I've always criticized the Democrats. They are a lost party these days. They left their roots with the working class and are beholden to some of the same masters the Republicans are (Wall Street, big Pharma, etc). Today's Republican party is really the Donald Trump base and the rest of the GOP. Both parties have stoked fear in their base. The Democrats have done some to ethnic minorities. Vote for us because the other guy is coming to take away what little you have be it rights or tangible things. The Republicans have done the same from the opposite direction. Vote for us because the liberals hate you and America and want us to be a failed state and the ethnic minorities are taking over the country, only we can stop them. 

Biden owes his nomination in part because of that tactic. His campaign turned around on the votes of Blacks in South Carolina. The Republican establishment fears/loathes Trump. They fear him because he commands a large part of their base. They loathe him personally. The Republicans have shown, with a few exceptions, that they also have no spine. The long list of Republicans who criticized him and are now or were part of his administration shows you they have no moral compass. Kellyanne Conway, like her husband, once said extremely critical things about Trump but has been his sock puppet for 4 years. 

Republicans are now seeing that Trump is not going to win. They have seen that the weaker part of his base have left and they smell blood in the water. You hit a guy or gal hard enough in the wallet. And spam them with hateful spew. Or show them enough incompetence, they will look elsewhere. 

If you recall there were Bush supporters on here during his administration. You never, ever hear anyone proudly saying they voted for him. The same will happen with Trump. In fact, I think within the Republican party if you have sung his praises you will be ostracized to some extent. I also think generally with Americans if you have publicly supported him in person or social media, its almost like people in Italy remembering you supported Mussolini in the 1930s. 

I don't like Biden but Trump is obviously worse. Either wins, I'm preparing personally for what ever happens in the economy the best I can. That said, the biggest, most awaited event of the year is how Trump handles losing if he does. 

It looks certain now but anything an happen in 4 months. But if he does, I can't wait to see how ungracious he is..LOL. It will be hilarious, surreal, reality tv in real time. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/politics/joe-biden-donald-trump-suburban-voters-polling/index.html

• Thanks 1

Some things are beyond politics. Some things goes against everything we believe in and is a threat to all. The federal government has literally been snatching people off the streets in Portland. Not a peep from the right because it's not them...yet. 

If this was Obama, the GOP congress would be up in arms (and rightfully so). The far left (and my views as well) thought drone strikes on targets with their families, US citizens was wrong, if not the drone strikes themselves was wrong when Obama was doing it.  These strikes continued under Trump and the conservatives never criticized Obama for it because they agreed with him. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/07/18/oregon-attorney-general-sues-federal-agencies-over-portland-arrests/5465670002/

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

The federal government has literally been snatching people off the streets in Portland.

And fortunately, the media can still, note this, November is very close,  the worst case, will be a neck and neck finish, 'merica will take a decade to sort it self out, after this.

They say history is written by the winners,   in my view the winners, now, are the protestors and the people ditching statues in the drink, opposites in many ways, to the establishmentarianism that Cav and his mates, long for and that the Dems dress up in nice clothes and philosophy.

Young, "woke" and angry, - it was the Vietnam protestors in my day,  espousing Lennonism (John Lennon), and protesting apartheid in South Africa.

Now its the young'uns again.

Good Job.

:beer: 

47 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Recently pardoned Roger Stone goes full MAGA and goes full gaslighter denying to his core something that is on tape...surreal. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/roger-stone-calls-black-radio-host-racial-slur-71868073

You know the story of Roger Stone? and the numerous books he has written exposing the Clinton cabal?

Geee, wonder why they went after him...