Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

There are 3 things that have to happen in November to put the Republican Party in disarray.  First is Trump loses.  Second, the Senate flips.  Third, enough Democrats have to win Governorships and state legislatures to put Democrats in control of redistricting after the results of the 2020 Census are in.  If that happens, the Democrats should be in good shape for the next ten years.  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, dean said:

There are 3 things that have to happen in November to put the Republican Party in disarray.  First is Trump loses.  Second, the Senate flips.  Third, enough Democrats have to win Governorships and state legislatures to put Democrats in control of redistricting after the results of the 2020 Census are in.  If that happens, the Democrats should be in good shape for the next ten years.  

Whether or not those 3 things are desirable, separately or together, they've got to be better than the current situation?

9 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Why does BuBi see immediately that this is fake ?

1/. because as Cav says, Coss only posts, trolling, fake news.

or

2/. because it's a "see what people think of the USA" post.

or 

3/.  It's fake? really? I know people, who would spend a happy Sunday, making a set up like this, don't like 'em but I know them and their sister/wife.

...and BLM has support??? WTF!!!

Despicable...

All we ever do is help those who are in need. When you’re unable to escape your home because the fire is too hot or the smoke is too thick, we come for YOU. Or if you’re running out of your house and have to leave your loved ones behind because you can’t get to them, we risk our lives to go after THEM. Every Single Action we take is for YOU. We literally risk everything we know and love, for YOU, a STRANGER... BUT you want to DISRESPECT us by destroying our apparatus, preventing us from helping and saving the lives and properties of others, and then you DEFACE the memorial statue of Fallen firefighters who gave it all for strangers just like YOU...

DISGUSTING

Image may contain: outdoor

Biden's  VP choice will alter the polls to the good or to the bad depending on who he picks. If I were him, I'd choose Susan Rice. Immaculate CV, not controversial, black (although that shouldn't be in the discussion but this is politics after all), a woman, held high ranking positions so her 'readiness' to step in in case Biden loses it completely (a distinct possibility...lol). 

I would not have advised Biden to limit his choices saying he would only choose a woman. Its pandering and its political theater but what's done is done. My choice for him would have been Julian Castro of Texas. There would have been a chance, a fairly decent chance Castro could put Texas in serious play. Biden is only down a point or two there. The obvious huge latino vote as well as someone who is well liked among Blacks in Houston and Dallas. Biden is liked in the north. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

...and BLM has support??? WTF!!!

Despicable...

All we ever do is help those who are in need. When you’re unable to escape your home because the fire is too hot or the smoke is too thick, we come for YOU. Or if you’re running out of your house and have to leave your loved ones behind because you can’t get to them, we risk our lives to go after THEM. Every Single Action we take is for YOU. We literally risk everything we know and love, for YOU, a STRANGER... BUT you want to DISRESPECT us by destroying our apparatus, preventing us from helping and saving the lives and properties of others, and then you DEFACE the memorial statue of Fallen firefighters who gave it all for strangers just like YOU...

DISGUSTING

Image may contain: outdoor

There are a lot of agent provocateurs doing things including undercover cops and right wing militia groups. Documented, on video and eyewitness accounts. And the movement is varied. There is no one group ideology other than justice and that can be defined in different ways. its grassroots, organic and diverse in people and views. Just like the term 'conservative' and 'liberal' or 'religious' or 'Christian'. 

31 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

There are a lot of agent provocateurs doing things including undercover cops and right wing militia groups. Documented, on video and eyewitness accounts. And the movement is varied. There is no one group ideology other than justice and that can be defined in different ways. its grassroots, organic and diverse in people and views. Just like the term 'conservative' and 'liberal' or 'religious' or 'Christian'. 

CS

Possible but until evidence is brought forward to support your opinion,  I will go with what I see and consider what I see as circumstantial evidence.

I will say this. The BLM movement, for lack of a better word, is not monolithic. It's very diverse and that's why its going to be very difficult for the government to "kill it". The marching in Portland are completely different than the marches in New York. Floyd's murder and black issues are a common factor but Floyd's death is symbolic. The protesters in Portland and Salt Lake City are largely Gen Zers and Gen Yers and white. My guess is they are using the death as an entry to talk about socio-economical issues that they are dealing with. 

As much as the right wing says they love cops, no one likes cops. The police are used as a source of revenue and they will ticket all strata of society for whatever reason because they are mandated to write tickets and get arrests for financial reasons. No fault of their own in some respects. But they have too many overzealous officers. Its hard to debate there aren't. For ever cop caught on video there are 100 that aren't. A myriad of other issues like in Oklahoma and some of the so called 'fly over states', highway police are confiscating cash and valuables with no proof they were the result of illegal activities. Also, I think hidden in the marches is the lack of quality jobs for all graduates, the high student debt, etc, just life in general. 

This 'greatest economy ever' is a fallacy. It wasn't great under Obama either but we were getting out of a massive recession. Quality jobs didn't magically appear January 2017 under Trump. There are an endemic issues in America that neither party want to face and the BS is apparent to the masses. 

I have several friends and family members (almost all under 35 or 30 y.o. and children of friends and relatives actually)  that have been involved in marches in Philadelphia, NYC, LA, San Diego, Houston, Atlanta. What I've universally heard is that the protesters police themselves or try to. If there is an 'rowdy' element trying to break windows, etc, someone always addresses the person that they are not about that. 

I'm not saying there isn't people trying to cause havoc but that is not what 99% of the people are doing. They are working people, etc. They have varying reasons but the common theme is just to address societal inequalities be it police, etc.