Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

5 hours ago, Coss said:

Interesting - 

poster.png.dcbb61cf94ea593393bdc0d4b589e472.png

The couple are now speakers at the Republican convention - for pointing guns at protestors - 

On 10 July, city police searched and seized both of the guns from the couple. About a month later, St Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner charged both with "unlawful use of a weapon", which is a felony. The complaint said that both had displayed their semi-automatic weapons "readily capable of lethal use, in an angry or threatening manner".

They are characterised as rich, on the assumption that owning a house, makes them rich, how big is the mortgage?

I see they've not come far, from their hillbilly roots, having yet to learn, how to wear shoes.

Even if one were to adopt their point of view, which is presumably, "we must prepare for civil unrest, by rioters and hooligans, who will attack us, so we have to get guns and load them and be ready to shoot people",  then surely you'd want to wear shoes, to protect the feet, from the broken glass and such, in the ensuing fracas?

Yeah, Coss. Just ignore the fact that the "protestors" had broken into their gated housing estate and were threatening to burn people's houses down. And maybe it's a shoes-optional zone. :)

chicago.jpg

Sorry, Flash, that narrative is not true.  You are right, the gate was broken but  there was no threat. That's why they were arrested for brandishing a weapon. It was peaceful. Even neighbors confirm this. Private videos showed they were simply walking through. There was no protest in the complex at all, they were on their way to a protest. 

They were there to go to the mayor's home. No weapons with the protesters. They were noisy (the protesters) but all the videos showed no threat and no one on private property (home / yard)

The RNC has found any black person they could find who wouldn't embarrass themselves to speak. Its a known fact the Republicans a problem getting black voters. With good reason. The current (and old) argument is the Democratic party has either under-served Blacks or even been knowingly detrimental via certain programs, etc. 

I am not disagreeing. I am not a fan of the Democratic party. Haven't been for a long time. When you say 'Okay, I agree, the Democrats are bad for my community. What's the solution?"

That solution is 'Well, Trump...." or "Well, the Republican party..." Non starter there. It's a pretty insulting answer. I totally agree the Democrats have used fear tactics and demonization of the Republicans to 'scare' black voters, especially the older, church crowd who lived through the crazy days of the '50s and 60s and even early 70s. The problem is the Republican party has consistently used blacks to scare white voters into coming out to vote. Using coded speech, just like the Democrats. 

When Trump tweets that "the Suburban housewife will be voting for me.....I ended the long running program where low income housing would invade their neighborhood" that's not even subtle." Its insulting to suggest the Republicans are better. The scare tactics of the Dems work because they have evidence like these tweets. And we are all aware of now decesased Republican strategist Lee Atwater saying on tape that's the intention  

Latinos were 8% of the USA population in 1970. They are now about 24%. Blacks, defying statistical science have remained at 13% for decades and decades. (btw, its almost statistically to remain that given the size of America organically but that's a story for another day). The RNC and DNC thought Latinos would now be the 'go to' minority but that didn't work out because 1. They are in states that their vote don't matter (California, Texas, Arizona) and 2. They have low voter turnout. 

Blacks are in numbers in swing states (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and even Wisconsin where 24% of  the state population is in Milwaukee county).  I hate discussing race. Its mentally tiring. I love Thaialnd because I am a a 'falang'. Yeah, I'm black but they see falang first. You are your passport overseas. I'm seen far more the same as Cav to Thais than I am to a Nigerian who looks like my twin. Unforunately, in America its still relevant. Its our history. We have made tons and tons of progress but I fear it will always be the elephant in the room. Trust me, blacks as a collective hate bringing it up, but there are overt things like police and subtle things like microaggressions for sitting in a startbucks and being the ONLY person asked to leave if they are not buying. The race debate stems down to this. When Blacks feel targeted and complain "why is it always about race?" But there is no problem when race is used negatively by either party. It's not about race when Blacks such as Herschel Walker and Vernon Jones are used to give speeches. It's a hypocrisy and I post about hypocrisy all the time. 

Were I a Republican strategist, I'd keep pushing the first half of that 'The Dems have not done right by you" narrative because Blacks experience will give it veracity, but instead of saying join the Republican party, perhaps suggest the Green party or another 3rd party. If the Dems lose the votes, Republicans stand to gain. I think they don't because of the fear of making a 3rd party relevant. That's my thinking. One of the only things both major parties can agree on wholeheartedly is that they should be the only 2 relevant parties. 

I hearing a growing number of young Blacks (under 30) leaving the Democratic party, some joining the Green Party but the buzz is not voting for anyone without specifically addressing issues with solutions. It is Democratic party unofficial policy to 'sympathize but make no firm promises' when it comes to Blacks. That's not speculation. Its a fact. There are enough uncovered emails, etc, to give that veracity. Clinton's campaign was caught out stating that. The Republican party would have a problem with a mass influx of black voters. The core base would be immediately at odds policy wise. It wouldn't work. 

This is the real truth about Vernon Jones.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/24/vernon-jones-georgia-rnc-republican-national-convention/?fbclid=IwAR08Wiflk5ehj75OES4cXg9xKn6NZEtJfjSAv7f8_zq_jgEaGz2rZx099dk

This will make Cav happy. I have a friend who is obsessive about politics. A progressive. Establishment Democrat type and he called the 2016 election fairly early and he says Trump will win again. Democrats will snatch a loss from the jaws of victory...again. 

11 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Sorry, Flash, that narrative is not true.  You are right, the gate was broken but  there was no threat. That's why they were arrested for brandishing a weapon. It was peaceful. Even neighbors confirm this. Private videos showed they were simply walking through. There was no protest in the complex at all, they were on their way to a protest. 

They were there to go to the mayor's home. No weapons with the protesters. They were noisy (the protesters) but all the videos showed no threat and no one on private property (home / yard)

God help them if they'd shot anyone. In just about every state you can only use lethal weapons in self defense. The other person has to be actually threatening you (and preferably armed). The news reports I read said the protestors were making threats against them and their property.  If they weren't they deserved to be charged.

p.s. I also wonder if that magazine is legal. Civilians are usually only allowed a 5 round magazine or so. That is clearly over 20 rounds, maybe 30.