Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

What you are about to read is going to be construed as a call to violence. I assure you its not. 

People who are not happy with the protests talk of the looting and on occasion even violence. This has been done by some people who share the sentiment of the peaceful protesters as well as protagonists inserting themselves into it. Undercover cops and far right militia. That's a fact. Plenty of video and first hand accounts in various cities to conclude its fairly organized. 

That said, the fact that the protests are as peaceful as they are is amazing. Why? Well, whether you believe it to be so or not, a group of people feel they are being unjustly killed randomly. Killed. Let's get that understood killed. Can you think of any where any place in the world that people who believe they are being literally killed not go on a killing rampage against those doing it? We have seen it many, many times and your station in life is not a factor. People take to the streets in America for loss of rights, imagined or real. Women have marched, gays, gun rights activists, etc. It's not their lives  literally but a right. Not to minimize it, but a people who believe their rights are being usurped feel as if life isn't worth living if you can't have that right. BUT they are alive. These people have rioted and caused violence on occasion. We debate on whether they were right. The Bundy ranch people took up arms over the right to graze cattle on federal lands. No life taken. They feel their livelihood is threatened. Fair enough. We may not agree but the important thing is they feel that way. They believe it to their core. 

So, what would happen if any other group was being killed specifically or they believed it. You may see it as coincidence or some other factor but again, THEY believe it to be true. Would gays, latinos, gun enthusiasts, react peaceably? Really. Serious question. Lets say they believe this has been going on for decades. 

You know where I'm going with this. Whether its Palestine, yemeni separatists, unionists or otherwise in northern Ireland, or Kenosha, Wisconsin, people who feel they are systemically killed unjustly react violently. Its something everyone understands and expects. To the degree it has NOT happened in America is amazing when seen in that light. 

Don't think the government doesn't know its a powder keg. Don't think they don't know that at some point the proverbial straw and camel's back scenario among 45 million and others who are sympathetic won't say fuck it all and wage open war. We have had a few riots in cities, Los Angeles, twice, other cities, but the potential for this to occur widespread and without restraint is there. Something has to give. 

I believe, gentlemen, that the driving force behind all these people supporting Trump whatever he says or does, is the hope that he is on a warpath to keep or make the USA a white country. Actuall the only thing he has not openly spoken out , so far. Last night arselicker-in-chief Pence claimed nobody had done more for the black US-people than Trump, more than Obama. This should have created a nationwide laughter shattering the scyscrapers but it didn´t. The Trump gang vomits such loads of nonsense by the hour that people do not react any more.

May I continue as follows: I am living near the headquarter of a worldwide actice company with lots of employees of all nations you can think of. A German family just came back from Washingtn DC where they have been working for ages. They used to spend the weekends on a caravan site somewhere countryside but this year did not go anymore. Wearing masks everywhere in public they and friends were mobbed by local residents accusing them of something so that they soon left the building. Several of the accusers wore bathing suits with a Trump portrait ( good idea if arse-side). End of anecdote.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:18 AM, Flashermac said:

p.s. I also wonder if that magazine is legal. Civilians are usually only allowed a 5 round magazine or so. That is clearly over 20 rounds, maybe 30.

Nope.  There is no law limiting magazine size.  There was one for a while, the old Democrat assault weapon ban, from the Clinton Administration I think, but that particular law sunsetted a long time ago, and was not renewed.

California recently tried to enact such a law, limiting magazine sizes.  It would have banned fully HALF of the weapons in existence.  The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals just threw it out as an unconstitutional violation of the Second Amendment.  When the Ninth Circus throws out a California law, and rules for a Conservative position, you KNOW the California legislature had to have screwed up royally.

Things just haven't gone well for the anti-gun crazies ever since Heller and McDonald.  District of Columbia v. Heller (2008): The Supreme Court ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is inherently an individual right.  McDonald v. City of Chicago (2010) applied Heller to the several States.

Open carry is nutty. Its insane. Even concealed carry should be difficult to permit. As a society we give people who want to be police a battery of psychological tests, months of training to know how to dispense a firearm in public when called for, they often get it wrong but some 20 year old can buy the same gun, walk around, and who knows what may trigger him to fire it at someone. 

Its a completely insane thing. I'm not saying one can't own a gun to protect their home. Trusting anyone to have the frame of mind not to fire a gun openly is completely batshit crazy for a society to do. 

The person gets fired? The person gets into an argument with someone over a parking space? The person has personal bigotry seeing 2 men as a couple, mixed race couple, arabs, and gets triggered. 

• Like 1

The following words are not mine, they are a pundit's, from the televisual extravaganza:

"The cops now have shown that they think, that a black man standing on a street corner in New York, smoking a cigarette is more dangerous, than a 17 yr old white boy walking around with an AK47 after having shot 2 people".

Just now, Coss said:

The following words are not mine, they are a pundit's, from the televisual extravaganza:

"The cops now have shown that they think, that a black man standing on a street corner in New York, smoking a cigarette is more dangerous, than a 17 yr old white boy walking around with an AK47 after having shot 2 people".

..and water is wet. Unfortunately. We have an unresolved sociocultural issue in America that has been building for 400 years. It can turn out any number of ways. The summers of 1967 and 1968 is one way. I'm a peacenik. But the rumblings I'm seeing from  young people aren't. 

The Breanna Taylor matter in Louisville, Kentucky is by the far the worse. That is straight out of Mississippi 1920s. The couple's home gets broken into mistakenly by cops. They shoot her, naked, several times, nothing in her hand. The man shoots one of the cops who are not identified as such. He (and anyone else) would believe it was a home invasion. He gets arrested while his girl, a first responder, is dying. Arrested for the temerity of shooting an unidentified cop who was in the wrong. The police department demands the prosecutors convict him. 

How this isn't a national outcry by everyone, no matter where you fall on the ideological line is proof that America is completely broken. The fear of the right is if they give any quarter to any murder of this type, its going to be tangentially applied to all the others. So, either ignore having any conversation about it and act as if it never happened or worse yet, lie about the circumstances as some have done. 

Not unexpected but for me the worse are progressives. This is tailor made for the SJW (social justice warriors). And they have failed miserably. There were two police sniper attacks back in 2016. The government fears this. There are hundreds of thousands of gang members nationally who are 'battle trained' on the streets> Have guns, have used it against each other. There tens of thousands of vets from Iraq and Afghanistan (both of the snipers were). Trust me, the FBI and the government is wondering what event will be the straw breaking the proverbial back. I fear that day. It will get very, very messy. 

The chain of the events of the Rittenhouse kid is both shocking and at the same unsurprising. He literally walked toward the police with gun in hand, their knowing he killed people. He does not obey commands and goes back to his home. 

They had every right to kill him. But didn't. They didn't and that (and many other similar cases of people acting badly and violently) not getting shot but others are arbitrarily is the elephant in the room. 

I've told similar hued friends and family members in America. That i think they are insane for not having a plan. For not having a plan for getting stopped, or for someone from the right accosting you, threatening you, etc. That I would not move to America and not have an audio/visual device covering all angles hidden in my car. Same with my home. And I would have my own body cam I would wear on occasion. Yes, it seems way over the top. I mentioned this to them during the multiple shootings back in 2015 and 2016 that made headlines. 

I was back in the states last fall and asked the car rental if they have any such devices. They looked at me with both a strange look but also understanding.