Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

17 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Absolute fucking bull shit, but it's anti-Trump so it's got to be true.

Well Flash, I have heard Trump say the following words:

“not a war hero, He’s a war hero because he was captured.” also “I like people that weren’t captured.” 

Admittedly it was not in person, it was on TV.  It was Trump saying them in 2015.

Oh and here is a youtube video of Trump saying it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1ajHAeXMU

Trump called John McCain a “loser,” saying the decorated Vietnam War veteran was “not a war hero, He’s a war hero because he was captured.” Trump then added: “I like people that weren’t captured.” 

On 9/3/2020 at 8:16 AM, Coss said:

I post this here in the 'merica thread, because of Bannon's close links to Trump and ongoing criminal court case for -  conspiracy to commit wire fraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering - in the U.S.

It details a criminal inquiry by the Rome criminal court and efforts to 'rark up' fascism, in uRope and elsewhere.

It's an interesting, if unpleasant, read.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-bannon-europe-idUSKBN25T1NZ

8e0e4525adfc4a0daa0cee1e5384a0d8_18.jpg

February 2017 - "Steve Bannon, Mr Trump’s white nationalist political advisor, has been made a member of the national security council’s so-called principals committee "

On 9/5/2020 at 3:51 PM, Coss said:

Given that the 'mericans are by far and away, the most infected and dying, of the various countries who have got the virus, I propose we recast Covid-19, as the 'Merican Virus.

Actually, you could go back to the Spanish flu/epidemic of 1918.  It didn’t come from Spain but, more likely, came from western Kansas on a farm where not much hygiene was practiced.  So, we could claim ownership of the two great pandemics of the last 100 years.

2 hours ago, Coss said:

Flash, as much as I respect your service and your intellect, I have to ask a, two,  questions.

How many of Obama' and Hillary's closest and important associates who worked for the US government; and closest and longest serving friends, have been imprisoned or otherwise subject to the attentions of the law? And haven written books about how bad their leader was?

I'm sure you'll find one, or even a few, as 'merica seems to be a corrupt as hell these days, but in sheer numbers, Trump is "Winning" this one.

And if all these books about Trump are full of lies ( about him, not his ones ), then they would be shut down and prosecuted for libel in an instant, if it's one thing Trump knows, it's how to send in the lawyers (even government paid ones).

If I were a 'merican, I'd be really upset, when I found out,  what the defence of Trump, and the Trump led attacks,  in courts, was costing the tax payer.

Does the DOJ have a bill-out rate?

He’s using campaign donations to his re-election campaign, to the tune of $58,000,000.  Some of that money went to personal lawsuits.  To contrast, Obama spent $10,000,000 on similar campaign legal fees.

I think that Trump’s base cares about the economy but mainly cares about appointing as many anti abortion and very strict constructionist to Federal judgeships and to the Supreme Court.  McConnell will start again next month to ram them through, going through January 20th.  Concerning how much credit Trump should receive for the economy, he certainly knows how to super charge it by gutting regulations and putting anti regulation and environment Cabinet members (Both appointed and temporary, which he prefers).  Unfortunately, to do this and pay for a military increase, he took money from various programs, including agencies that prepare for pandemics and the attire needed to slow the spread of the virus. Ultimately, this super heated economy would have blown up like in 2008, except it probably would not have before the election (which would have made the next 4 years with Trump in charge a disaster).  By the end of the year, we will be at around 400,000 dead.  I just hope that Trump and Putin don’t decide to concoct some international incident to help Trump’s re-election chances.   

Everyone cares about the economy. The religious right puts abortion at or near the top of wish lists. The run of the mill, alt right Trump supporter doesn't. They have probably had a few girlfriends have one or two. They care about abortions ONLY in the context of demographics. Nothing to do with the morality of it

"Super charge"? How? Specifics please. Superfluous and broad generalizations. Gutting regulations? That's a 2 sided coin. Fracking, environmental issues, allowing oil drilling in national parks? .There is absolutely no way one can credit Trump for the 2016 to Covid 19 economy without saying the same (and more) for Obama. None. The unemployment rate and the stock market have a direct trend line from Obama. Can't have one without the other. 

Hey Coss, you notice no rebuttal of Americans having the largest ever consumer debt in history under Trump, as well as the largest car loan bubble, as well as the largest corporate debt (20 trillion), another bubble or the biggest rate of increase and highest national debt in history of America. The same national debt Trumpers beat Obama for increasing (and was decreasing his last 2 years). Pre Covid debt has gone through the roof. I've said on here multiple times, pre Covid 40% of Americans didn't have $400 for an emergency. All pre Covid. 

Also, the GNP that Obama was hammered on for not hitting 3% (after the 2nd biggest economic collapse in 100 years). Trump claimed it would be easily to get 3% and 4%, he's not hit 3% either. Facts. I need facts? Where is this super charged economy? 

The economy got worse pre Covid. Failed China trade dealings made Trump give welfare to farmers to the tune of tens of billions. The 'repo market' (this is the short term lending between banks and other companies) crashed last fall for the first time ever and the government had to pour in 400 billion dollars in September to prop it up. This is the most liquid market. It shouldn't be this way. They lend money to each other for 1 day up to a few days. Wells Fargo needs 50 million overnight and pays it the next day. Simple, no one defaults but they stopped lending money to each other. This is the biggest warning the economy is teetering on insolvency. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-04/usps-mail-dumped-at-two-separate-locations-in-glendale?fbclid=IwAR1mjCyM1laWicXzF14I32qB9yeyjSjtnNbTkln4gvD-HrvV8qVcc7Kq4bk

The economy has been held up with financial tricks and I'd suggest fraud. I'm not even saying Trump started it. Obama can take credit for getting America out of the biggest collapse in 100 years but it wasn't a full recovery (for a few reasons, some his fault, some Republicans for sabotaging him). Trump made it worse. Much worse. 

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/9-charts-comparing-trump-economy-to-obama-bush-administrations-2019-9-1028833119