Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

36 minutes ago, Coss said:

I'll see your smart arsery and raise it one smart arse.

"I think you mean what is the axis title."  

2 graphs

I think you mean, 'what are the axes titles'  

there y'go, fixed :)

thank you

It wasn’t about axis / axes, even though I maintain it is singular, just the same axis repeated. What you did say was what are the numbers, not what do the numbers relate to or  what is the axis title 

5 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Lots of laughter here.  So if Woodward would have published the bad news about Trump holding back his knowledge :  " Woodward  a chronical liar, conspiring with the Dem´s and all a hoax by the biased failing NY Times!!! "  President Trump would have yelled.

Am I right?

Not much would have changed. Trump's most hard core followers will not abandon him over that. 

As far as the pandemic. A second wave is not unusual for influenza types of epidemics. I certainly hope and pray its dying off but so did the Spanish Flu after the first wave and the 2nd wave came back as a different strain, and killed a wider variety of people. 

Trump held an indoor rally on Sunday in Henderson, Nevada, in violation of state regulations and his own administration’s pandemic health guidelines. During the event, Trump told the largely-maskless crowd that the U.S. was “making the last turn” when it comes to defeating the coronavirus. Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak called the rally “an insult to every Nevadan who has followed the directives, made sacrifices, and put their neighbors before themselves,” and a “direct threat to all of the recent progress we’ve made.” Temperature checks were given to all rally attendees upon entrance and while masks were encouraged, few people wore them. Trump also held a rally on Saturday on the tarmac of Nevada’s Minden-Tahoe Airport where most people were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing. (Associated Press / NBC News)

Trump claimed that he received “the highly honored Bay of Pigs award,” which doesn’t exist.The Bay of Pigs was a failed attempt by the CIA and Cuban exiles to instigate the overthrow of Fidel Castro. In a tweet attacking Joe Biden, Trump said Biden “spent 47 years in politics being terrible to Hispanics” and is now “relying on Castro lover Bernie Sanders to help him out.” He added: “Remember, Miami Cubans gave me the highly honored Bay of Pigs Award for all I have done for our great Cuban Population!” Trump did receive an endorsement in 2016 from the Bay of Pigs Veterans Association, which is not an award. (The Guardian / The Independent)

Coronavirus cases are increasing in 11 states by a weekly average of 5% or more. Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Wisconsin and Wyoming are all seeing rising case counts. While cases in those 11 states are increasing, the overall daily average of new cases in the U.S. is declining. Over the past seven days, the country has reported an average of about 34,300 new cases per day, down more than 15% compared to a week ago. (CNBC)

Politically-appointed communications aides at the Department of Health and Human Services have demanded the right to review and seek changes to the CDC’s weekly scientific reports on the progress of the coronavirus pandemic. Officials have characterized the requests as an attempt to intimidate the reports’ authors and water down their communications to health professionals. Some of the emails from communications aides to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other senior officials show the aides openly complaining that the reports would undermine Trump’s optimistic messaging about the outbreak. The efforts to change the language in CDC reports have been constant across the summer and continued as recently as Friday afternoon. (Politico)

And this is why you can't have nice things...

The Top 1% of Americans Have Taken $50 Trillion From the Bottom 90%—And That's Made the U.S. Less Secure

https://time.com/5888024/50-trillion-income-inequality-america/

long read. plenty of graphs.

_____

Q: What happens when the top 1%, are living like Gods and the bottom 99%, are living like amoebae, in the sewer?

ano.jpg.6fe24aed113e154ca9f39a1f8b5ed54b.jpg

Asking Vindman whether he believes Trump is an asset of Russian intelligence.

"President Trump should be considered to be a useful idiot and a fellow traveler, which makes him an unwitting agent of Putin," he says. Useful idiot is a term commonly used to describe dupes of authoritarian regimes; fellow traveler, in Vindman's description, is a person who shares Putin's loathing for democratic norms.

Asked whether he believes Vladimir Putin is blackmailing the Republican president, Vindman suggests it's the wrong question.

"They may or may not have dirt on him, but they don't have to use it," he says. "They have more effective and less risky ways to employ him. He has aspirations to be the kind of leader that Putin is, and so he admires him. He likes authoritarian strongmen who act with impunity, without checks and balances. So he'll try to please Putin." Vindman continues, "In the Army we call this 'free chicken,' something you don't have to work for -- it just comes to you. This is what the Russians have in Trump: free chicken."