Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Our non American friends on here have a fairer grasp on American politics than many, many Americans. But all of us are still suspectiple to gaslighting. Ronald Reagan is a god to American conservatives. The older ones have been trying to deify him and if they could get away with it, he'd be carved alongside Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt on Mt. Rushmore. Other than being an absolute bigot  https://www.salon.com/2019/08/01/that-racist-reagan-recording-just-confirmed-what-my-community-already-knew/   , Reagan, who spent his life as a B list actor, had no f*cking idea what he was doing both as Governor of California and as President. He was well coached, squeezed every ounce of acting skills out of himself to play the part. On a few occasions I have put the following article. Until then, no other person was as ill prepared for the office. Trump has eclipsed him. The people worked for him and loved him said this. 

https://www.salon.com/2015/12/28/behind_the_ronald_reagan_myth_no_one_had_ever_entered_the_white_house_so_grossly_ill_informed/

I'll put this post into some context. I don't like Biden. I think with the exception of Bloomberg and perhaps 1 other candidate he's the worst of the lot. I do agree that he may not have the cognitive stamina for the office. But like Reagan, you can work around that with an able staff. 

I've posted the link about Reagan more than once and the lack of objection to it, tells you all you really need to know. You can't deflect, nuance, the words of his own staff. Reagan came into the White House in January of 1980. The video below is in 1984 I believe. It should scare the f*ck out of you. It does to me. And yet, the same people who talk of Biden gladly accept this about Reagan privately and hope and pray no one talks about it publicly. You may feel pity for him. He acted his way through 8 years of presidency. After he was shot, he was gone mentally. I mean done Reagan had no idea where he was the last 2 years of his office. Nancy Reagan acted as gatekeeper and would not let anyone in to see him. She "played" go between.  There was no go between. He had no memory, could not retain anything mentally and she essentially ran the country. I'm not being hyperbolic.  Its a fact. Reagan took the stand to discuss Iran Contra soon after he was out of office in 1990 and he said he couldn't remember and it wasn't a ruse. He had no fucking clue. The most beloved and elevated Republican in the modern era had no fucking clue where the fuck he was...LOLOLOL. I shouldn't laugh because its sad but they put him in power and ran the country on their own behind the scenes. 

Sad as hell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YaWQnXu0Tg

7 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

he said he couldn't remember and it wasn't a ruse. H

And if we use our memories, it suddenly became popular for CEOs and in fact anyone, accused of wrong doing, to use "I do not remember" as a defence, in proceedings. Acceptable to the defence teams, but not necessarily reality. Prior to this no one in their right mind would say they couldn't remember when they were trying to be taken seriously.

7 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Our non American friends on here have a fairer grasp on American politics than many, many Americans.

Re: Regan, I can remember him being joked about, down here in the South Pacific,  as someone who spent his afternoons watching Maxwell Smart save the world in "Get Smart" re-runs. Better than Fox News, I suppose...

This is huge!

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, one of the court’s four liberal justices, died Friday evening, the court announced in a statement.

Ginsburg, who was nominated by President Bill Clinton in 1993, was 87 years old and in delicate health for some months, although she had kept up a full schedule on the bench. She was hospitalized earlier this year with a recurrence of metastatic pancreatic cancer, which was first detected in 2009, and that was listed as the cause of her death.

Shortly before she died, Ginsburg dictated a statement to her granddaughter, Clara Spera. “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new President is installed,” she wrote...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-has-died-supreme-court-says-234042604.html

• Like 1

Right on cue Republicans show they have zero ethics and flaunt their own hypocrisy. Not unexpected. When Obama had a Supreme Court seat to fill months before an election in 2016, Republicans held up the vote for Trump's election. Unprecedented. Now that its a Republican, its okay now. 

The blatant dishonesty is the norm. What is also the norm is the Democrats are so spineless they almost invite it. Both parties are bad for different reasons. Internally they are bad for different reasons. A Dem run government for years would be debt ridden, and an  overly regulated country with a social safety net but it would require a lot of taxes and money. A Republican run government for years would be closer to North Korea than to North America. Closer to South Africa than to southern California. Debt ridden and have an American version of the brown shirts in 1930s Germany. I say this with no embellishment or hyperbole. 

Ginsberg's death will be cheered quietly by the right and openly by right extreme pundits. I just hope for the life of me Clarence Thomas never gets to be chief justice. The most unqualified man to be appointed in memory. His nomination hearing was bitter and contested and partly unfair to  him. He's taken that to the high court and has been the most extreme right wing justice for decades. He's also been the worst. For years and years on the court he didn't ask one question. He was justice Scalia's cuck. Voting with him no matter what. Interesting thing about Clarence 'Uncle' Thomas is that he bitterly opposed affirmative action which isn't a crime of itself. There are aspects of it, I am not for. The thing is though EVERY single school and job he's had post HS was because he is black. He got into Holy Cross and Yale on affirmative action. ALL his government appointments was because he is a black conservative and they were in Republican administrations. 

When the elder Bush was replacing Thurgood Marshall (first and only black justice at the time), he was given a list of candidates and told them to throw out any candidate wasn't black. The problem is there weren't any qualified black conservative judges at the time in the federal circuit if there were any period. The ABA (American Bar Association) traditionally rates nominees and that is used as an unofficial endorsement or unqualified mark by the Senate. Thomas got the worst rating ever. It was embarrassingly bad. Since Scalia's death, he's made some bizarre rulings as well as well that even fellow conservatives on the high court raised an eyebrow to. Leaps of logic that would even make Cav's  video pundits look confused. 

https://news.yahoo.com/schumer-senate-must-not-fill-002721489.html

5 hours ago, Coss said:

Wot about Jared ? He looks like a good Supreme Court Judge, I mean he married the stupidest Trump, he can't be too bad :)

Will have to disagree with you there Coss.  As dumb as she is she's not the most stupid. There is a big fight for that honor but I tend to think Don Jr shades it. Although, Baron is still young and in time may change our views. 

However, there is some video evidence supporting your view. This is cringeworthy. I actually felt sorry for her. Jimmy Carter's brother, Billy, was seen as a southern boob

she has to defend her dad, i get it but the smart thing would have been to leave daddy out of any convo as much as possible.