Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Trump sucked as a businessman. Before he ran for President he was laughed at behind his back by the NYC wealth class. He managed to go broke 3 times in real estate when other developers were getting rich. Only person managed to do almost as bad was his son in law. Bought a property in NYC just before the crash, owed 600 million I think. Been using his role in the White House to stay off bankruptcy. 

Anyone who said they voted for tRump because he was a businessman and not a politician is either lying and has some other reason they don't want to admit to or simply has zero business acumen. The guy is a joke as a businessman. 

Again, Herman Cain was a much, much better and proven businessman than tRump and he was in the same primary Republican field. Romney was a better business man as well in 2012. So, we can throw that excuse for voting for him out the window. 

Anyway, wonder why no one got shot? Hmmm...not that they should be but the cops showed a lot of restraint even in the arrest. And they were threatened. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe someone can help me out. This certainly proves the police use restraint doesn't it? 😏

That’s the power of marketing versus reality.  Fourteen years on The Apprentice, showing himself as one of the great businessmen in the world to millions of viewers, gave him name recognition and a misguided notion of what he could do for the country if he became President.  That, and his going low during the Primary and the General Election seasons, gave him a leg up on the other, more qualified, candidates.  I still think that his track record, particularly with COVID, makes him extremely vulnerable with non believers that voted for him in 2016.  Those voters hated Hillary.  While they aren’t enthusiastic Biden supporters, they are receptive to his message that he is one of them and understands their situation.  Come election night and through the counting of the last votes, I’ll be looking at what happens in the swing States and expect Biden to win most of them, probably by close to the same numbers that Trump carried them in 2016.

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

The man in the leatherjacket arises from the ashes, I miss Dr. Corsi and the nervous woman with the mouse-face. Suitable ambassadors of the current US.

I watched that clip, Biden was clearly joking and did even laugh about himself. The leatherjacket-idiot missed the meaning, no surprise.

Seems to 'joke' a lot, it including saying if blacks don't vote Dem they aint black, being in the senate 180 years and slagging off the military, he's a real funny guy, especially when he forgets where he is. 🙄

1 hour ago, dean said:

That’s the power of marketing versus reality.  Fourteen years on The Apprentice, showing himself as one of the great businessmen in the world to millions of viewers, gave him name recognition and a misguided notion of what he could do for the country if he became President.  That, and his going low during the Primary and the General Election seasons, gave him a leg up on the other, more qualified, candidates.  I still think that his track record, particularly with COVID, makes him extremely vulnerable with non believers that voted for him in 2016.  Those voters hated Hillary.  While they aren’t enthusiastic Biden supporters, they are receptive to his message that he is one of them and understands their situation.  Come election night and through the counting of the last votes, I’ll be looking at what happens in the swing States and expect Biden to win most of them, probably by close to the same numbers that Trump carried them in 2016.

Huh? During the Obama years he was a laughingstock. He was big into the birther thing. He was laughed at. It wasn't until  he ran (as a publicity stunt) and said Mexicans coming over were rapists and murderers was when he got a following. The Trump mythology lost its luster long ago. The Apprentice was popular but as a joke. He had gone through multiple  bankruptcies by then. People watched it because he was an asshole and the guest were either assholes like Omorosa or cannon fodder for insults. It wasn't like he was greatly loved. The Apprentice was watched the same as watching a trainwreck. 

CS, obviously, marketing ploys don’t affect you but their are a lot of stupid Americans with deep seated prejudices that fall for this kind of marketing BS. I didn’t vote for him in 2016 because his “business genius” consisted of going bankrupt and stiffing contractors. As a building contractor, I have a special place in Hell for people who make a point of stiffing me (fortunately, it’s only happened once and I can personally vouch that he’s in Hell now).  
I’ll stick with my belief that his track record will be his undoing in the swing States, if all ballots are counted.  I hope that the Election is settled by January 6th, or we will have Nancy Pelosi as our new President until the Election is settled.  I’ll be back here after all ballots are counted to either give my best “I told you so” speech or eat my words.