Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

There are 3 possible events that may "save" America. Understand, I'm NOT wishing for this to happen but hypothesizing on what event(s) can trigger a change socio-culturally. 

1. The same or a new pandemic under almost any President other than Trump. A traditional Republican president would have handled the pandemic with far more concern and empathy. Goes without saying for a Democratic president. The Spanish Flu was much worse and although there were calls for re-opening early in some circles, the country was united in fighting it. 

2. An economic collapse. America was firmly a more libertarian, small government country in 1929 and prior. The Great Depression brought in a complete shift in the role of the government as well as the most progressive era ever. Yes, more progressive than the 1960s economic legislation. It could not have happened without the country already having FDIC, Social Security, and a host of other New Deal enactments from the FDR days. The country was open to the 60s accepting Medicare, and other things because it saw the benefits of the New Deal. An economic collapse may galvanize the country, and put away to the side, cultural differences. 

3. A war or coming close to a war with a major power like China or Russia and the nation feels its in the right. 

4 hours ago, Coss said:

Call me a cynic, some of the people in the photo below look like kids earning $100.00

and special chromium topped flag poles? That's a marketing person's idea for sure.

8573dade-c752-4c35-9a13-7f8a27dfeaf8-AP_

Some of those kids earn fortunes on fb, you tube, Instagram and tik tok etc. Look up Mr Beast on you tube, income about $600k a month with over 130 million subs, he's in his early 20's

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coss said:

Call me a cynic, some of the people in the photo below look like kids earning $100.00

and special chromium topped flag poles? That's a marketing person's idea for sure.

8573dade-c752-4c35-9a13-7f8a27dfeaf8-AP_

There are some true believers: Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, all of variable intelligence. 

There are also some grifters. They are in it purely for the money. Candace Owens is chief among them. Often well coached but she fails at times. She's trying to catch up but there are often holes. She can't stand up to counter arguments to certain folks and has either looked incredibly uninformed (Joe Rogan show) or out debated (Dr. Cornell West, who to be fair, can counter pretty much anyone.). So they are careful to put her against only folks they can fully research for their talking points and who they can gaslight counter exchange. She won't touch, Kyle Kulinksi, Roland Martin and others who know their facts. She has straight out told outright lies. One of them in front of Congress for the reparations discussions. No one countered her, no time but I'm literally some guy in his boxers on a lap tap of average intelligence and I'd love to have a go against her. 

Wow, she is blatant about gerrymandering. The codespeak word is 're-districting'. These are supposed to be based on population, natural areas, but she's openly talking about making districts that are Republican majority. Sadly, Dems don't do enough to fight back. Again, Republicans have to fight dirty because they are not the majority. Kansas is a red state and will stay red for the most part but its moving to the left  more and more. So, the Republicans won't have super majorities, like 2/3 of state legislatures where they can literally do what ever they want. Even when Dems have super majorities I don't like it. The extreme either way is not good. I like checks and balances. 

A little bit of CossCommentary, then I'm off Kayak fishing for a few or more days. 🎣

Covid 19 coronavirus: US President Donald Trump claims he has a 'protective glow'

news.com.au

US President Donald Trump's doctor has announced he is no longer considered a risk of infecting other people with the novel coronavirus, and the President has claimed he is now "immune" and has a "protective glow".

Trump's doctor Sean Conley released a memo on Sunday clearing him.

"By currently recognised standards, he is no longer considered a transmission risk to others," Dr Conley said. - So the 'standards' that Dr Conley, an Osteopath, recognises...

"Now at day 10 from symptom onset, fever-free for well over 24 hours and all symptoms improved, the assortment of advanced diagnostic tests obtained reveal there is no longer evidence of actively replicating virus," he added. - over 24 hours, 25 hours? this jibes with 'cured' and 'immune' - no longer evidence? can't find it? has the virus gone? or is it just not replicating flat out?

Trump was ready to declare victory over the virus on Monday morning (AEDT) as he returned to Fox News for an interview with Maria Bartiromo, days after he called in and spoke to her on the network for almost an hour last week.

"The note ... which says you are no longer considered a transmission risk, does this suggest you no longer have Covid?" Bartiromo asked.

"Yes and, not only that, it seems like I'm immune," Trump said.

He said he could be "immune" for "maybe a long time, maybe a short time, it could be a lifetime, nobody really knows but I'm immune", Trump claimed.

"The President is in very good shape to fight the battles," he added.

"I have to tell you, I feel fantastically. I really feel good. And I even feel good by the fact that, you know, the word immunity means something — having really a protective glow means something," Trump said.

Earlier it was noted Trump was sporting a bandage on his right hand, prompting more questions about the nature of his recovery from coronavirus and whether he is still on medication.

or just batshit stupid...