Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

My older siblings were in the military as well as several cousins. I have family members in every conflict going back to the Korean war. I got accepted into the Naval Academy in HS but wanted to have a normal college life, partying, chasing women, joining frats, etc. :)

This is nothing new to my relatives. The government knows this, the military knows this. It's old news to my family members. In some ways the military is a great institution for those from impoverished backgrounds. My second oldest brother was on aircraft carriers and has a fairly high clearance and has a job paying over 100k with a military contractor because of that clearance. He has a HS diploma and not a day of college. Another cousin who was in the Gulf War and Iraq is a master sergeant and anyone in the military knows they often have more clout that junior officers. 

That said, the military has tried to be fair to everyone. However, you can't be everywhere. Years ago militia groups started to infiltrate law enforcement and the military so they can learn new skills as well as build a network internally in those institutions to help them carry out plots on the outside. On a related matter, I've also wondered why there are very few non whites in the special forces, SEAL teams, black ops, etc. I asked a few of my family members. Some said, that most blacks join with the intention of getting out of their area. They didn't have the money or grades for college and the military was a way to get paid to learn a trade that can be used in civilian life and we weren't super nationalists about fighting America's battles. And simply aren't interested in the special forces. Others said the elite special forces have made it a closed society based on a few things including ethnicity and race. One of my relatives said that, for example, there is a peer evaluation in the Navy SEALS and that no matter how well some blacks or latinos  do their peer evaluation was low. And that the ones running the program saw that pattern and reduced the impact of peer evaluation. He also said there are some of the instructors who want to keep them out. 

Anyway, this is old news. The military knows it very well but its hard to know exactly how they are dealing with it. Obama, didn't lift a finger to do anything about it. No president has even though the FBI had a report dating back to 2006. The FBI itself is infiltrated its said but not to the same degree as law enforcement in cities across America. Darrell Wilson who killed Mike Brown to spark the protests in Ferguson, Missouri came to the Ferguson PD from a small PD that was corrupt and had KKK members. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-americans-unaware-of-white-supremacist-groups-military-links-2020-10?fbclid=IwAR3VPKkQMRW0FC3hbsWp-rY84kKwIWUmOinFaSpUNZ7KTem83oYbdUucMqc

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/27/white-supremacists-militias-infiltrate-us-police-report?fbclid=IwAR32t1BOGfbYOOlePvm0hzp6BuS3CSisr-DB2ANiPYeSQwKIE7MQ0V74ZlY

The last Dem to win Arizona was Clinton. And before that you have go back a very long time I think. The state has been far right for a while. The country is left of center. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/az/arizona_trump_vs_biden-6807.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/senate/az/arizona_senate_mcsally_vs_kelly-6801.html

Biden is the most beatable Democrat since maybe Mondale. The fact he is even leading by as much as he is shows just how much out of favor Trump is. One of the easiest re-elections since maybe Clinton '96 or Reagan '84 and its floundering. Trump seemed to have pretty good political instincts but his own character caught up with him. 

He's a drama queen. The first president drama queen. With his hard core supporters as the exception, people are tired of the drama. The constant sparring and fighting. Many people who may be inclined to vote for him but not strongly committed, have to be thinking "Do I want to spend another 4 years with all this drama?"

..and with regards to the article on the infiltration. Let's be honest. Half of the country have no problem with it. And a scary amount are happy to hear about it. The government isn't particularly motivated  about doing anything about if they remain non violent. 

What the government fears and why they are infiltrated as much as possible is because if left alone, they will commit massive domestic terrorism. And the government fears that if/when the real extent of just how many and who these people are come to light,  law enforcement, the military and the government will lose legitimacy to the left of center majority of the country. The protests in over 30 cities will be nothing compared to the backlash. That's what the government fears. Not the right actions per se, but the left's reaction once they have had enough. The government successfully fought off Occupy Wall Street. I was surprised because it was a largely white middle class protest and that niche in America has been the key to every social change (ending of Jim Crow, women's right to vote, ending the Vietnam war, etc). 

Anyway, these groups are both emboldened by tRump but also extremely fearful of the demographic and ideological immediate future and see them as existential threats that has to be physically eliminated. They have lost the ideological  argument. So, now its a guerilla war. 

Making Trump's Business Great Again (if it ever was)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/27/white-supremacists-militias-infiltrate-us-police-report?fbclid=IwAR32t1BOGfbYOOlePvm0hzp6BuS3CSisr-DB2ANiPYeSQwKIE7MQ0V74ZlY

Responding to a story that reported that hundreds of corporations, special interest groups and foreign governments seeking benefits patronized Trump Organization properties in recent years, the president's son argued Sunday that the groups represent a small proportion of their business and that his father has not benefited monetarily from his office.

"We've lost a fortune. My father lost a fortune running for president. He doesn't care," Eric Trump, an executive vice president with the Trump Organization, said on ABC's "This Week." "He wanted to do what was right. The last thing I can tell you Donald Trump needs in the world is this job."

Eric Trump claims family 'lost a fortune' in pushback of pay-for-play report

Trump has done one thing for the Republican party that it has never been able to achieve. Any moderate or even conservative Republican that rejected Trump now seem attractive to moderate Democratic voters. Romney could run and win against Biden in 2024. Fairly easily I think.