Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I've always said that Trump was stupid or thicker than two short planks...

Donald Trump shares satirical Babylon Bee story as though it is real news

The story declared that Twitter had shut down its entire network to slow the spread of negative news stories about the President's election opponent, Joe Biden (satire)...

(Trump tweets) - "Wow, this has never been done in history. This includes his really bad interview last night. Why is Twitter doing this? Bringing more attention to Sleepy Joe and Big Tech," Trump wrote.

It apparently escaped his notice that he was sharing the link about Twitter shutting down its own network ... on Twitter's very much still up-and-running network...

read at the link,  screen shots as well...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/donald-trump-shares-satirical-babylon-bee-story-as-though-it-is-real-news/BE4FM64RQ6YIQM4TK5KUOVHHKY/

Stupider than Cav...

I saw an excellent interview on BBC and I'm  desperately trying to find a video of it. It was an interview with an evangelical who was part of the movement going back decades. Very prominent. He left the movement out of consciousness and is now working actively against Trump. He said he was in the room when things were discussed. He said, Trump said he will give them anything they wanted as long as they don't get in the way of anything else he does. It was a Faustian bargain, ironically with clergy. They wanted judges who would ban abortion, the wanted the US embassy to move to Jerusalem, they wanted the right to discriminate using their religion (primarily against gays). They wanted prayer in schools, a whole host of things. 

They did so and looked askance at the kids in cages, etc. This guy, Schimd I think, still trying to find it, said he couldn't do it any longer. This guy was hard core. He would protest at clinics that peformed abortion with fetuses if I understood it right. Crazy shit. His conscience got the best of him. 

Sidenote: the reason why Evangelicals are so zealous about support for whatever Israel does, good or bad and why they want the embassy moved to Jerusalem is to fulfill biblical prophecy. They want to put in place the events that would prompt the return of Jesus. In this prophesy there is a great war and the Jews don't come out of this too well. Don't think for one second Israelis don't know this but they align with evangelicals for expediency. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08v7cm2

I repeat, the evangelicals have been on the wrong side EVERY single social movement that was deemed in hindsight as a good cause. Every single one, no exceptions. These people sold out their own biblical principles, their own tenets for political access and power. 

Modern day Pharisees. Truth be told, the average conservatives don't like them, are wary of them and give them  lip service. The average conservative doesn't really give a shit about abortion. They don't like it but its not a deal breaker. They would pay for their girlfriends abortion in a heart beat. They care about abortion as it pertatins to thetir own "group' (and yes, I'm using coded speech). They couldn't give a shit if, for example, feminists were getting abortions at alarming rates. Whisper it, but neither do evangelicals. They would welcome more abortions from welfare mothers. 

Trump joked that he may leave the country if he loses the election.  Given that he's in legal troubles with IRS and New York (to name a couple), it would make sense.  I don't think he can set his foot in NY again, even though he's from there.  NY is out to get him for felonies.  If it wasn't for the fact that laws prohibit indictment of a sitting president,  he would probably be in jail now.

laws prohibit indictment of a sitting president

As I think we've discussed - it's a long standing DOJ 'policy', not to indict sitting president, no laws. Mueller in his report, notes this as a reason he did not (officially), consider prosecuting .

From an objective perspective, this policy,  may be a good thing, not to legally go after a sitting president. Imagine if you had history's best, most honest, and 100% likeable president (no not Trump), litigious mischief makers like Devin Nunes or other f*ck-knuckles could seriously gum up the good works of the government with fallacious law suits, that all need time and effort to deal with.

the law - vis - "In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the President is entitled to absolute immunity from liability for civil damages based on his official acts. The court emphasized that the President is not immune from criminal charges stemming from his official (or unofficial) acts while in office."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_v._Fitzgerald

I'm no lawyer,  the above, is fact enough for me.

1 hour ago, Coss said:

As I think we've discussed - it's a long standing DOJ 'policy', not to indict sitting president, no laws. Mueller in his report, notes this as a reason he did not (officially), consider prosecuting .

From an objective perspective, this policy,  may be a good thing, not to legally go after a sitting president. Imagine if you had history's best, most honest, and 100% likeable president (no not Trump), litigious mischief makers like Devin Nunes or other f*ck-knuckles could seriously gum up the good works of the government with fallacious law suits, that all need time and effort to deal with.

the law - vis - "In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the President is entitled to absolute immunity from liability for civil damages based on his official acts. The court emphasized that the President is not immune from criminal charges stemming from his official (or unofficial) acts while in office."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_v._Fitzgerald

I'm no lawyer,  the above, is fact enough for me.

There are laws and there are unwritten laws — l use it loosely.