Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

7 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

I take it back, seems a number of countries do the pardons, just no where to the extent that the USA does, 4 cases in Oz, similar in UK, Germany etc.

In the UK there have been 48 Pardons since 1707 as opposed to 28 by. Trump in just less than 4 years. Also most have been granted posthumously. 
There is a saying in the UK, “Is it not better to forgive the living than pardon the dead” 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Recipients_of_British_royal_pardons

• Like 1

Over the last 40-50 years, most Presidential pardons went through a process, where White House lawyers looked at requests, determined the facts of the case and then recommended either to pardon or not.  Trump doesn’t follow this process.  He pardons people that he knows.  He listens to people like that great humanitarian Kim Kardashian    He also listens to people and their lawyers pled their case on Fox News.  Not exactly a reasonable method to dispense pardons.

trump pardons people based purely on personal and political expediency. As I said before, I'd like to see pardons have the possibility to be overturned by 3/4 of the House and 2/3 of the Senate. 

I'd also like to see all judgeships that are lifetime appointments (supreme court and federal) be limited tot 25 years and no older than 90. After 25 years they can be reconfirmed up to age 90, but no more lifetime appointments. 25 years is more than enough time for a body of work to review and see if they are too far right or left.